• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Final Round XX & Killer Instinct World Cup (03/09-03/11)

Sydle

I love that these, two characters, often overlooked by the community, are in the grand finals.

Storm is fucking on right now

Hollywood Still Rules

a3f3b868-9ca9-451b-90a4-bfffb2ffe528.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw the insane KIWC venue. Does anyone know how well the whole thing did? Was it full? How many viewers did it get?

Capcom Cup really has to find a better method for getting matches on stream. All the breaks were kinda crazy. Not sure if that was a purposeful thing or the results of scheduling errors, but it blows.

Especially compared to what I saw of KI Cup where it just went from match to match and didn't have any both fighters are on stage but we're gonna chill out and run ads for like 10 minutes straight. At least from what I saw when I switched over to it during breaks.

Capcom Cup really has to find a better method for getting matches on stream. All the breaks were kinda crazy. Not sure if that was a purposeful thing or the results of scheduling errors, but it blows.

Especially compared to what I saw of KI Cup where it just went from match to match and didn't have any both fighters are on stage but we're gonna chill out and run ads for like 10 minutes straight. At least from what I saw when I switched over to it during breaks.

Most of the longer breaks were from ps4 malfunctions. I saw the same bug happen 4 times, one even happened to me lol. Even had a bad ps4 during top 8 that needed to be replaced.

What was happening with the console exactly?

When someone tried to go to the home screen so they could disconnect all the dualshocks, it would bug out and there was no home screen just the background.
You could still get to the quick menu but the PS4 would need a restart in order to get the home screen back.

I think it might've been from overheating but I'm not entirely sure if that's the main cause.

And the one in finals was just borked. Not exactly sure what was wrong with it, but I could see the error message from the crowd.

Most of the longer breaks were from ps4 malfunctions. I saw the same bug happen 4 times, one even happened to me lol. Even had a bad ps4 during top 8 that needed to be replaced.

Well that stinks. Do the PC versions fair better? Although it probably unlikely they'd switch to PC version given Sony is sponsor this year, no?

Just finished watching KIWC. Damn, I wish General Raam got further in the competition but that was incredibly fantastic play all around.

Just a wonderful event. That Winner's finals was just HNNNNGGH

KIWC was so hype this year....its too bad the game doesn't have a bigger following

Very Hype, I couldn't step away especially from top 8, was mad lit.

I wish it did have a bigger following, would help with larger pot bonuses...but I did see many new faces I think...so it's growing/staying steady at least. It's a lot of fun to watch high level play of KI.

Grifter

I was surprised at KI's numbers and the event reminded me that it was on PC and playable to me. The ongoing support seems to be working. Capcom's shortfalls at the service model look worse when I consider that they had this and LoL as solid templates.

When someone tried to go to the home screen so they could disconnect all the dualshocks, it would bug out and there was no home screen just the background.
You could still get to the quick menu but the PS4 would need a restart in order to get the home screen back.

I think it might've been from overheating but I'm not entirely sure if that's the main cause.

And the one in finals was just borked. Not exactly sure what was wrong with it, but I could see the error message from the crowd.

Some of the tekken ps4s were wigging out too when trying to disable controllers. Would get stuck in the menus. How to just reset the console a few times.

Well that stinks. Do the PC versions fair better? Although it probably unlikely they'd switch to PC version given Sony is sponsor this year, no?

Possibly. I have never done local games on PC with multiple controllers being connected/disconnected so I'm not sure how well the dinput would do.

And yeah Sony got the CPT on lock.

Some of the tekken ps4s were wigging out too when trying to disable controllers. Would get stuck in the menus. How to just reset the console a few times.

Yup. Same thing happened before one of my Tekken pool matches.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

One of the Marvel systems was doing the same thing.

Top Bottom