• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Redbull Battle Grounds, Smash Summit & more(11/03-11/07)

SSJBA7W.png

Shouta

Dudes, Tokido is not married to Akuma. He played Akuma in SF4 because he was the best character in the game from Vanilla through AE2012. If Akuma ain't shit, Tokido won't play him.

He's already said he's definitely gonna play him. He even said to me earlier in the weekend that he wanted him back already. lol

He's already said he's definitely gonna play him. He even said to me earlier in the weekend that he wanted him back already. lol

Makes me salty that Daigo will only be the best Ryu by default.

This event makes a good case for FT3 for the entire Capcom Cup because Top 32-top8 will be done on Friday, with Top 8 at PSX. I want to see ft3 throughout and the entire top 32 being payed at Capcom Cup. There is no reason why top 32 shouldn't be paid with an already confirmed $340k (as of last month).

trixx

That was such a great tournament by red bull again. RB, Tokido, Punk and of course NuckleDu. Entire top 4 were class would be dope if RB and Punk were at Capcom Cup but maybe next year

But a lot will change by next year. Pretty good year for SF5, still don't think it's as hype as 4 but certain match-ups and characters are highly entertaining. Perhaps even more so than 4.

Amazing how melee draws 50k viewers for same people in finals every major

Makes me salty that Daigo will only be the best Ryu by default.

This event makes a good case for FT3 for the entire Capcom Cup because Top 32-top8 will be done on Friday, with Top 8 at PSX. I want to see ft3 throughout and the entire top 32 being payed at Capcom Cup. There is no reason why top 32 shouldn't be paid with an already confirmed $340k (as of last month).

Hey at least he's finally the best at something

Yay, America not free in SF. So glad NuckleDu got the win.

And that Armada v. M2K match was hilarious, but I think it's because of the commentators.

Tripon

I don't know why people are saying Ryu will be top Ryu by default. He's going to switch as well to Akuma if Akuma is broken.

There is no reason why top 32 shouldn't be paid with an already confirmed $340k (as of last month).

I don't agree, I think if they want to increase the number of guys getting paid then it should be no more than 16. I don't think anybody should get paid just for showing up. Earn it by beating a few guys, otherwise enjoy your free trip to the PS Experience.

And Akuma, can't wait to see how he is. I'll gladly jump ship to as long as he's not very hard to play lol. Just give me a wake up teleport to avoid the shimmy situation and I'm good. Even a teleport as bad as USF4 Evil Ryu bad would be a fucking joy to have.

Shouta

I don't agree, I think if they want to increase the number of guys getting paid then it should be no more than 16. I don't think anybody should get paid just for showing up. Earn it by beating a few guys, otherwise enjoy your free trip to the PS Experience.

And Akuma, can't wait to see how he is. I'll gladly jump ship to as long as he's not very hard to play lol. Just give me a wake up teleport to avoid the shimmy situation and I'm good. Even a teleport as bad as USF4 Evil Ryu bad would be a fucking joy to have.

If you made it into Capcom Cup, you've already likely traveled to some degree to get in. If they can do Top 32 payouts, even a little bit, they should. At minimum it needs to be Top 16 but if they can do everyone, that should happen.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
If you made it into Capcom Cup, you've already likely traveled to some degree to get in. If they can do Top 32 payouts, even a little bit, they should. At minimum it needs to be Top 16 but if they can do everyone, that should happen.

They should pay everyone out, IMO.

Event was awesome. I wish all the TOs had sat down and talked about shit together; had a rare opportunity to have all of the major non-EVO TOs in the same place and working together.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Also, I think the players know what's coming in the next major balance patch, based on comments heard around the venue.

Flying them out to Capcom Cup is nice and all, but a lot of these players travel a lot to get points. That costs a lot of money. Just think about the amount of ranking events some of these guys traveled to.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Check out Red Bull Battle Grounds: Street Fighter V https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1PSKKEEQS1W11/red-bull-battle-grounds-street-fighter-v #redbulltv

Mike Ross and Seth Killian did the commentary for Grand finals on Redbull TV.
So that's why they had so many commentators. Interesting

Also, I think the players know what's coming in the next major balance patch, based on comments heard around the venue.
Anybody got more info on that? Where's it coming from?

Malice215

They should pay everyone out, IMO.

Event was awesome. I wish all the TOs had sat down and talked about shit together; had a rare opportunity to have all of the major non-EVO TOs in the same place and working together.

They had a panel on Friday where they talked about stuff.

Top Bottom