• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: SoCal Regionals,CPT EU Finals,Toshinsai+Arc Revo,VSL,SSS

Wallach

KoFXIV lookin like pure distilled 100% struggle

nw9cJ.gif

Wallach

Looking at the brackets theres no way KoF will finish anytime soon.

well it shouldn't be on the same stream; even with the old schedule KOF ran into SFV by half an hour, not sure if there will be an impact there or not since if KOF wasn't going to end before SFV started it probably wasn't getting main stage finals anyway

Tripon

Melee was cancelled, but Smash 4 wasn't. Its Top 8 happened last night, I'm guessing TOs just opted to finish it in one day instead of waiting until Sunday. Top 8 bracket is here: https://smash.gg/tournament/socal-regionals-2016/events/wii-u-singles/brackets/59055

I will say that it seems like SCR has gone better this year than it did last year, when it had to change venues and move its date back 5 months. Games that are not Xrd or KI appear to have been run well. It's hard to have a full perspective of what actually is happening at a tournament when you're not there.
I guarantee you that KOF was ran like shit at SCR.

Oh I just noticed SFV finals are scheduled for 10pm EST according to the most recent tweet from capcom fighters. Gives me time to watch Westworld.

Wallach

Balance patch incoming, already submitted for approval and should be hitting next week or so.

that good to hear

on a side note I'm voting for pedro, if I pick up this KOF I'd probably be playing that team unless I found some really entertaining big body team

BadWolf

Crazy final round between Pedro and Romance.

that good to hear

on a side note I'm voting for pedro, if I pick up this KOF I'd probably be playing that team unless I found some really entertaining big body team

There's a bunch of big bodies in this game.

Tripon

that good to hear

Pedro was crazy good, I played about a hour of casuals with him and I only got past his Benimaru once. He then beat me for a good hour with Benimaru.

Benimaru in MAX mode is a monster.

Khezu

Why did Sonic Fox use Sub-Zero?

He got buffed in the recent patch and Sonic(and a lot of others) think he is top tier.
One of the buffs he got though was a new move, a command grab, which changes his play style a bit and makes him a lot better.

BadWolf

Xiaohai pretty much ran through losers.

Iirc he has won each KOFXIV tournament he has entered so far, let's see if he can continue his streak.

Reynald vs. Xiaohai in grand finals right now, two KOFXIII Evo champs going at it.

I haven't been paying attention, so I can anybody tell me what the deal is with FloKO, and why I would ever want to spend $20 a month on it?

Top Bottom