• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: West Coast Warzone, Daigo Cosplay Tournament, SFV Crash

Xeteh

I'm sorry ;_;

Just DP and jump all day. If you don't have a DP pick a top tier that does.

At least your character showed up in top 8, as brief as it was.

I don't think so. He hust doesn't enter tournaments much anymore and hasn't since around AE2012

I kind of figured that. I was just curious if he had a case of the Mike Ross.

Those GFs were terrible.

You're insane, they were fun as hell.

Capcom is really bad at interaction with their player base.

Not when compared to other Japanese FG companies.

Tekken team goes silent for months at a time. ArcSys and SNK barely interact with the West at all (did the West get to vote in those recent character polls for GGXrd? NOPE.)
Only recently has SNK discovered the concept of "trailers"...let alone actual back and forth communication.

Compared to most Japanese developed games, Capcom is probably the MOST interactive...particularly with the West.

Not when compared to other Japanese FG companies.

Tekken team goes silent for months at a time. ArcSys and SNK barely interact with the West at all (did the West get to vote in those recent character polls for GGXrd? NOPE.)
Only recently has SNK discovered the concept of "trailers"...let alone actual back and forth communication.

Compared to most Japanese developed games, Capcom is probably the MOST interactive...particularly with the West.

Well, to be honest, both KOF & Arc System Works' fighting games are far more popular outside of the U.S. while Tekken's biggest fanbase happens to be in Europe.

Those GFs were terrible.

You're insane, they were fun as hell.

Yz4nmUr.jpg

gHHEurv.jpg

Yeah split opinions on the WCW grand finals.

hamchan

Sloppy play and entertaining match aren't mutually exclusive. Sometimes it's just fun to watch two guys swinging at each other.

My understanding is that floe is independently wealthy and cracks under tournament pressure anyway so there's not a ton of incentive for him to compete.

That said, he made evo top 8 in Soul Calibur and the grand finals of the mk9 national championship so he has a reputation as a clever player with great game knowledge generally.

Yeah, I thought they were fun, some mistakes were made but who gives a shit? People can keep talking about how they think they can do better but the same people keep placing so lets see those do better.

It's not a matter of doing better.

It's what being better in SF5 represents.

Renekton

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201243848]My understanding is that floe is independently wealthy and cracks under tournament pressure anyway so there's not a ton of incentive for him to compete.[/QUOTE]
How do we know he has $$

GFs were amazing tbh. Chris' ability to completely change his gameplan in the last round made a huge difference and he got more than a 50% lead right off of it, Rog wasn't ready and when he caught on the life difference was too much.

Good stuff, glad Chris T finally got one. But these guys better tighten up for majors going forward. I hope Babybel shows up. Best Ken out there imo

mbpm1

It's sloppiness was the exact reason why it was amazing.

It started that way, but by the time of the reset it lost it's appeal bc I was like...I have matches like this all the time online. And I wouldn't want to watch them for a grand finals.

Fun as hell to be in of course. Watching? Eh

Top Bottom