• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 (VII) Rebirth takes 150-200 hours to Platinum

Draugoth

Gold Member
rebirth-story-1-IZLd81x9l.jpg

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 7.5/10
  • Approximate amount of time to platinum: 150-200 hours
  • Offline Trophies: 61 (1
    trophy
    , 1
    trophy
    , 5
    trophy
    , 54
    trophy
    )
  • Online Trophies: 0
  • Number of missable trophies: 0, nothing missable. Everything can be done via Chapter Select (unlocked after story). The full open world and all side activities (side quests, world intel, minigames) are still doable after the story by restarting Chapter 13 via Chapter Select.
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, must beat all chapters on highest difficulty “Hard” (unlocked after story)
  • Hardest Trophy:
    trophy
    7-Star Hotel – this requires almost 100% completion, the hardest part being the Brutal/Legendary Combat Simulations (harder than the hard difficulty playthrough)
  • Minimum Playthroughs: 2 (1 on Easy/Normal, 1 on Hard which is unlocked after the first playthrough)
  • PS4/PS5 Autopop & Save Transfer: No, there is no PS4 version, the game is PS5 Exclusive
  • PS4/PS5 Crossbuy: No, there is no PS4 version, the game is PS5 Exclusive
  • Free-Roam / Level Select after Story?: Yes, Chapter Select is unlocked after finishing the story on any difficulty. You can Chapter Select to Chapter 13, everything in the open world is still accessible at that point (all side quests, world intel, minigames). However, anything in linear story sections would require Chapter Replay.
  • Supports Manual Saves?: Yes, 10 Manual Save Slots (unlocked after Prologue) + 1 Autosave

I hate when games necessitate a second playthrough for a platinum. Especially 100+-hour RPGs.
I don't mind a second playtrough, with short games. Anything above 20h isn't that anymore. I probably would ignore anything that can't be done by the first run.
Games generally and especially of such length should not have a locked difficulty. Same as some people don't want to suffer through a for them too hard game, no pro should have to endure a difficulty that bores them to death.
It should have unlocked difficulties and allow for switching back and forth if some challenge requires it without penalties and save scumming.

Freeman76

Pisses me off when they put trophies in for playing the game on hard. I'm shit at most games so play on easy. I mean, I dont care about trophies particularly but if they are decent I will tick them off for extra stuff to do, but if they include one for difficulty I just completely ignore them as I know I wont ever have the skill or patience to get it

Bloated game

95% bloat, 4% padding, 1% game
Seriously
As someone who actually doesn't know any FF, maybe a SNES one..., I wonder how you remake one game, clocking at 40h by guides, into two games with 60 + 150to200, plus Intergrade, and one final one still to come for completing the trilogy plan. (Or is Rebirth now including the conclusion of the remake process?)

Skifi28

Do we know if anything meaningful changes on the harder playthrough? In FF16 encounters are completely different on the hard mode, making it something worth experiencing.

Doom85

I don't mind difficulty trophies but don't lock said difficulty behind beating the game on easier difficulties.

This is different. Playing Remake on Hard immediately would actually be impossible if it were an option, as even carrying over Level 50 characters with max HP/MP+ materia into Hard Mode with New Game Plus, the enemies still hit really hard, plus you’re further limited by not being able to use items anymore. A fresh new start with Level 1 characters and no materia, yeah, you’d not be able to clear the first chapter save MAYBE the most god tier players ever willing to deal with every basic enemy being a huge damage sponge.

Aenima

Good. Games are too expensive to be done with them in a weekend. I dont know if i go for the Platinum or not though. Depends on my mood and how much im enjoying the game.

Im already with 160h in LaD Infinite Wealth, and thats just me playing at my own pace enjoying the game and side activities without trying to follow trophies. I will probably go for the platinum.

Neilg

If I enjoy a game i'm going to do everything there is to do in it on my first run, but after spending 100 hours doing all that, mustering up the energy to go straight into a hard mode just for a trophy aint going to happen. I almost platted ff16 but got about half way through the second run and dropped it for BG3.

I tried to go back and do hard mode in ff7r1 but i'd put it down for almost 2 years before I tried and I was shit at the game again. you really have to roll straight into the higher difficulty with all the mechanics fresh in your mind.

I don't mind difficulty trophies but don't lock said difficulty behind beating the game on easier difficulties.

Have you played ff7r1? it'll be like that, it's not really a hard mode, it's NG+ with some changes and forces a very different playstyle. It's actually really well done and implemented, it's just a bit much for me in a game so long.

Last edited:

ssringo

This is different. Playing Remake on Hard immediately would actually be impossible if it were an option, as even carrying over Level 50 characters with max HP/MP+ materia into Hard Mode with New Game Plus, the enemies still hit really hard, plus you’re further limited by not being able to use items anymore. A fresh new start with Level 1 characters and no materia, yeah, you’d not be able to clear the first chapter save MAYBE the most god tier players ever willing to deal with every basic enemy being a huge damage sponge.
That's cool and I'm sure people will enjoy it it but it doesn't really change what I said. It's still locking a difficulty and it's associated achievement behind beating the game on an easier difficulty first. I don't like it. Either have the difficulty unlocked from the start (and balanced appropriately) or don't tie an achievement to it. Especially in a long game like this one.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That's cool and I'm sure people will enjoy it it but it doesn't really change what I said. It's still locking a difficulty and it's associated achievement behind beating the game on an easier difficulty first. I don't like it. Either have the difficulty unlocked from the start (and balanced appropriately) or don't tie an achievement to it. Especially in a long game like this one.
They could have gone boring typical hard difficulty but in FFVIIR MP management is really fun, makes the combat shine so much.....think of it as NG+ that actually gives you proper challenge instead of destroying everything.

Doom85

I’d say the people designing how the difficulty works probably don’t communicate/overlap with the people who design the trophies much if at all (which I imagine trophy development has to be one of the last things they work on development wise). So only the people who picked and developed the trophies would be “to blame” here.

Regardless, plenty of games require multiple playthroughs to platinum even if they have only one difficulty mode, such as ones with multiple endings and a trophy is tied to each ending. I dunno, I didn’t think people who cared about trophies/achievements minded some platinums/100%s needing more than one playthrough since it’s not that uncommon.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
That's impressive considering you don't have to replay the game twice for all trophies. The chapter select option is appreciated, or else this would end up being 500+ hours.

Top Bottom