• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
I took a little attack off of my Lightning, but she's wearing the Jeweled Ring so she can't be paralyzed for the next two weeks...

Ok so i dumped all my MAG boosting gear onto Ramza and used Ultima on the event boss

5k damage

Wtf he does way more damage for far less resources as a physival unit

Ultima is a nice choice sometimes on ADV colloseum though but i dont need to build him as a mage to get what i need out of Ultima

Very disappointed. Definitely not as powerful a spell as i was hoping it would be for 60MP

Interstingly his Holy sword attack also did 5kbdamage to the boss for only 29 mp. I realize that it was stacking fire, holy and killer damage on top i imagine

Alkez

Can't decide if I want to max Firion or just focus on tickets and such lol

Wait...is Firion useful for this event?

If you're not going for the trust moogles then you should be able to comfortably do both using the metal cactuar. I've got a max level Firion and he is useful cause of the killers he has, but if you don't have the barrage TM he's not doing a whole lot to the Pumpkin Rider.

If I buy and use 30 LB pots on Cecil, can I get close to the LB10 level - at L4? I'm not sure if he's worth leveling up his LB before actually using him or not... I have a max Charlotte, but I'm not sure about her long-term viability right now

With all 30 mini burst pots you'll have 450 lbs left to get to level 10. I think Charlotte is strong enough atm that you don't need to rush to upgrade Cecil.

Valentus

Tested with a full roided firion and he does like 1/2 damage with barrage than a lightning with barrage

So in case you dont have a lightning, firion full equip is good, but its not a done deal like lightning

Pejo

Gold Member
1500 candies for the ADV boss is way more than I expected! I'm going to have no problems getting all the stuff I want now, feels great. I just need to find a team that can reliably beat him easily without Lightning friends.

As a sidenote, I'm kinda pissed Full Break is resisted by almost all the hard content. They do this shit in FFRK too.

-Make a great skill that gives you an edge in really tough fights.
-Make really tough fights resist it.

I don't get the logic. I am not going to use full break on fodder mobs during an exploration or something like that, it's almost exclusively a skill for bosses.

I'm kinda bummed that ADV didn't drop the Scythe, but I guess I can wait until next week.

Something tells me that PRO version is going to be a bitch. I'm going to buy all the gigantaurs and awakening materials first, now that I know I can afford it all.

Question: Did any new units become 6*'able with this update, or just the ones we had + halloween units?

1500 candies for the ADV boss is way more than I expected! I'm going to have no problems getting all the stuff I want now, feels great. I just need to find a team that can reliably beat him easily without Lightning friends.

As a sidenote, I'm kinda pissed Full Break is resisted by almost all the hard content. They do this shit in FFRK too.

I don't get the logic. I am not going to use full break on fodder mobs during an exploration or something like that, it's almost exclusively a skill for bosses.

I'm kinda bummed that ADV didn't drop the Scythe, but I guess I can wait until next week.

Something tells me that PRO version is going to be a bitch. I'm going to buy all the gigantaurs and awakening materials first, now that I know I can afford it all.

Question: Did any new units become 6*'able with this update, or just the ones we had + halloween units?

Just the Halloween units. No new awakenings.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Man, fml.
lNoKjqa.png

Yeah man Firion's damage output is seriously underwhelming even when you stack him up with the best stuff you have

I guess he really just needs that 6 star bump. Right now so many other 5 star options outclass him.

Was just coming to say this about FB as well and how Pro will be. When you make such a crucial skill as FB almost useless in most new content. WTF? On another note the wiki has Dracu Lasswell as the #3 dps unit lol?

tariniel

Question: If I already have the Blood Sword made, is there any reason at all to do ADV Colosseum any more? I've been going back to BGN C1 to try to steal elixirs for now.

This event is pretty easy so far at least until we get PRO. If I take a friends Lightning I can kill it in 2 turns, which is just fine by me. The Lightning doesn't need to be OP either from the times I've done it.

I'm just glad it's not like the mogcake thing where we have to full clear explorations. I mean on one hand I liked that because it was a good way to get a lot of exp and megacrysts but still it took so much time.

Also this banner seems pretty meh to me. I'll probably still do at least the daily pulls because I can't help myself but I won't be spending any tickets/lapis.

Also if anyone needs an extra Lightning friend for this event (without TMs, 469 ATK) then let me know and I'll clear a spot or two.

Valentus

Was just coming to say this about FB as well and how Pro will be. When you make such a crucial skill as FB almost useless in most new content. WTF? On another note the wiki has Dracu Lasswell as the #3 dps unit lol?

Because the Game wants to challenge you to take another route to defeat an enemy and not just full break + protectga .

If this enemy tells you that only is vulnerable to mag and spr, unless you have a full roided 6 star unit, you wont take the physical way to take it down.

Lyrian

TFL you realize that "new-and-shiny" ADV difficulty = PRO difficulty. Power creep in action. Cute to see Doom in action, but I wonder why it is not called that in this game. Is the name "Doom" offensive in principle to some major culture?

Expect PRO Pumpkin Rider = ELT Golbez or worse.

Funny feeling tells me that not only does the Pumpkin King have even greater attack and defense, but he also first turns Doom on all 6 party members, no saving throws. Clear it in three turns (or somehow figure out how to start chugging Survivor Waters and not die) or automatically wipe.

Ok you noobers

I just opened 6 slots

Add me if you need a Max Ramza built for brawling

And for petes sake put GAF in your tag/description

Syrus

Banned
I might be done with this game. Over past 2 events ive spent 20 tickets and 5000 lapis and got zero 5 star or 6 star capable units.

I have some okay 5 stars but they are weak still and i cant do strong bosses.

I havent had a good pull since i started the game. Its just rediculous

I might be done with this game. Over past 2 events ive spent 20 tickets and 5000 lapis and got zero 5 star or 6 star capable units.

Post your Unit list

Lets craft you an effective team. You can still make waves with F2P units with the right gear and setups

Rixa

Post your Unit list

Lets craft you an effective team. You can still make waves with F2P units with the right gear and setups

Yeah, let us help you.

Syntsui

DIE GOLBEZ YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

RNG blessed me this time and everything went well, I can finally focus solely on the new content. Time to get 300k+ candies by the end of the event!

Syrus

Banned
Post your Unit list

I have some good ones but no tank or 6 star and my equipment is just okay except enhancer and 80 katana

Kefka , ex death , chizuru , lenna , bartz all lvl 80

Also have garland and charlotte.

Kefka , lenna , ex death die to ANY AoE in harder battles. Cant beat brachiosaur , tower of babel.

Hell i only beat things with a 6 star friend.

Tried hard for lightning , cecils , and a 6 star here. Now im 0 lapis 0 tickets withno new unit.

Muku

Daily summon.... Locke.

OMG, now this game is saying I should get the murder knife from this event too. >< I thought I might be able to go easy this event....

Rootbeer

Banned
Exactly

6 star all your capable units NOW

We dont know when itll be this easy again

Candies rain in this event. Its even worth lapis refils depending on your current goals
Hmm interesting. Okay, i'll think about dumping some energy in the later days of the event if I haven't reached my goals...

I have some good ones but no tank or 6 star and my equipment is just okay except enhancer and 80 katana

Kefka , ex death , chizuru , lenna , bartz all lvl 80

Also have garland and charlotte.

Kefka , lenna , ex death die to ANY AoE in harder battles. Cant beat brachiosaur , tower of babel.

Hell i only beat things with a 6 star friend.

Tried hard for lightning , cecils , and a 6 star here. Now im 0 lapis 0 tickets withno new unit.

Dude what?

You have amazing units! Ok first thing First. Charlotte is an AMAZING Tank and will totally work.

Lenna shoudl be your dedicated healer. So use Lightnings to steam roll the pumpkin king for cactuars and max them out

Kefka and Exdeath are your Chain Gang. Use only one for now unless a mage burn party is required. Probably Kefka for Overdrive in most cases.

Chizuru and Bartz are your Physical DPS. Chizuru being the better of the two for now.

So Tower of Babel. Stangely one limiting factor for your team COULD be your espers. Its really important to 2 star them as soon as possible and NOT spend the points until then so that you can race Esper bonus abilities that matter

I bring this up for BABEL because abilities like Dispel are important. As far as the first 4 bosses you basically want to build a team to Debuff and Buff while a Lightning Friend does all the work. Lots of guides.

For Golbez its RNG but having Jeweled ring on Lenna can make or break the run.

Brachiosaur is a tough cooke but you honestly can do him whenever and the bow isnt overly good or important in the Current Meta

Also the majority of the units you have ARE 6 star capable in the future so grind those mats NOW

CCIE

Banned
Syrus - most of my good equipment came from the Colosseum... If you haven't maxed your five star units, you should buy the 100 Cacti in the event and do so immediately. Or at least get them to their max skill level. Lenna is a boss at 5*max, as are both Kefka, and Chorizo. ExDeath is going to be a boss at 6* in less than a month and a half. Also, all you need with Charlotte is Royal Guard, and then she does nothing but buff and defend.

There are your five, and they are effective too...

ExDeath and Bartz will both get their awakenings sometime around X-Mas. After that happens, Bartz actually becomes a good unit, but he is weak right now unless fitted with the right equipment.

robotuw

Hey people with Lightning as their leader: It's time to switch Diabolos for Irfrit and put Chirijiraden back on. Plant Killer + Fire + Fire Blitz wreaks shop.

Also don't try using the killer bow. It has plant killer but the dark type means bosses resist it. Libra says pumpkin rider is demon + plant type but apparently the demon type is a lie. I tried the fight with Artemios + killer bow and he was even more useless than normal.

Shouta

Looks like this Candy Corn event is the most similar to JP currency events that are the norm except the featured units aren't giving increased drop rates? Does the ADV boss always drop 1500?

Rootbeer

Banned
Hey people with Lightning as their leader: It's time to switch Diabolos for Irfrit and put Chirijiraden back on. Plant Killer + Fire + Fire Blitz wreaks shop.

Also don't try using the killer bow. It has plant killer but the dark type means bosses resist it. Libra says pumpkin rider is demon + plant type but apparently the demon type is a lie. I tried the fight with Artemios + killer bow and he was even more useless than normal.
I would but my Ifrit is underleveled... I took a break from this game weeks ago and fell behind in leveling. Sorry! I just haven't had time to get that ability, unless I dump a ton of lapis into energy refills. I'm considering it...

I have her with Chirijiraden though, but I noticed it is only causing normal damage to the pumpkin rider instead of fire damage.

Muku

Wow. Is it me or is this stuff the zombie apocolypse with the rounds you have to go. Up to 15 gets a bit tiring.

Which of these will be the best RNG/Candy Corn drop that we will be farming?

Looks like this Candy Corn event is the most similar to JP currency events that are the norm except the featured units aren't giving increased drop rates? Does the ADV boss always drop 1500?

YUP

guaranteed 1500 drop each time.

I did the math and if you do 10 runs a day youll snag 210K. More than enough to buy most of the goodies you would want

Though Im shooting for more than that now. Depending on what the future past this event looks like I may burn lapis on the last day to grind out whatever is left on my to do list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom