• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an easy way that I'm missing to see what lapis missions you haven't completed yet without having to go into each individual area? So, for example, when I pull up the Grandshelt map, is there a way to see if there are incomplete dungeon lapis missions without having to pull up each individual dungeon area?

Yeah if they say CLEARED then they are not done

If they say COMPLETED then its done

CCIE

Banned
Mine reset everything before the Leviathan fight. Maybe because it was my first try, and the story mode interrupts?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Thats why this community is here. It doesnt help when people says "omg i did a daily summon and got 2 elzas!!!" When in reality they caught their elzas in the 40th summon. I dont know why people has to lie like this (im not talking about here. This community is awesome, but reddit is a toxic please full of pos like that) So its normal to get frustrated, but as long as ExviusGAF lives, we all as a group Will clear all the trials. You can beat your ass that Will Be true.

AMEN

love you all, thank you for seeing what i was saying -- F2P is a legit fun time, you juuuuust have to be super creative, look for smaller tricks, and accept when you just don't have the horses to beat an event that requires one particular thing you don't have yet.

all that being said! You could do worse than ignoring a couple events in a row and just grinding out 5-6 must-have TMs. Sure seems like that could carry you a long way.

LucaMac

I think one of the most important things to realize is that this community will always be here to help each other. I'm constantly spending lapis to open up slots for more of the newer people joining us. All we ask is that you keep Gaf in your friend message so we don't delete you. We'll always find a way to get through what ever Gumi decides to throw at us!

Hear hear!

PS: If you do have any free slots I don't think I have you. I've a 6* Delita. Gradually getting Dual Weild. Only one Zidane.

Lyrian

I was hoping 7* wouldnt become a thing but

yeah...

Probably just in time for FF7 cuz lololololol

The datamine during the downtime before the BF event launched appears to be a forewarning on what is to come in the future:

Rarity: 5★
Cond: Elza 5-6-7★ (7★ Placeholder?)

[–]chippouQueen 1 point 12 days ago

I'm wondering why she has a Jump Animation... 7* placeholder is looking more and more real by the second...

[–]Nazta | 607,713,744 1 point 12 days ago

It's either a very, very early placeholder...
Or they're just stupid.

Given the leap in power creep with the robot trial, it's only a matter of time until she shows up in her full 7* glory over on JP.

EDIT:
I expect news about the first 7* units next month to be honest (for the Japanese version)

I agree. Should be rather soon, given that the "impossible" (to fight fairly with 6* base units) robot trial now exists. It's a reason for 7*s to exist.

Rixa

Ok here is the thing. Make sure you have some mention of GAF in your name/msg.
I kicked some slackers so I have 4 places free.

ID: 147,899,569

Iam now running semibad CoD. But on Friday its semibad mages turn to take the lead.

tl;dr Toss me fr.

Thanks to this community, in about 90 pages more and its time to think new thread name ;=.

Lyrian

Yeah if they say CLEARED then they are not done

If they say COMPLETED then its done

An even easier and faster way to check for missing missions:

CLEARED is written in **yellow**.

COMPLETE is written in **green***.

So, I just skim by a map real quick for any dungeon tile that does not have green lettering on it for whatever I am missing. Works rather nicely and efficiently.

Muku

Zero Lapis spendature until Orlandu and crystal change.

Zero!

I WILL ENDURE.

Two hours later...

We need someone to rage about not pulling Gilga first couple hours. No chilly to freak out over not pulling, so we need someone to take that place. :(

rsniper59

Neo Member
Recently got back into this game (casually), and my goodness the grind is real. I play a few gacha style games so I'm familiar with the idea, but it feels like I make absolutely no progress per day.

Characters don't level up, fusing (even with Metal Cactuars) barely moves the meter a level or two if you're lucky, leveling up Limit Breaks is pitifully slow... Even ranking up is painfully slow, so I can't even do more than 3-4 things before quitting due to low energy.

Maybe it's because this game isn't as far along as other gachas I've played, being relatively new? It just seems so painfully slow, even in a genre rife with grinding.

Recently got back into this game (casually), and my goodness the grind is real. I play a few gacha style games so I'm familiar with the idea, but it feels like I make absolutely no progress per day.

Characters don't level up, fusing (even with Metal Cactuars) barely moves the meter a level or two if you're lucky, leveling up Limit Breaks is pitifully slow... Even ranking up is painfully slow, so I can't even do more than 3-4 things before quitting due to low energy.

Maybe it's because this game isn't as far along as other gachas I've played, being relatively new? It just seems so painfully slow, even in a genre rife with grinding.

Yeah, there definitely isn't smooth progression. It's like pulling a 5* base: now your power level has increased drastically. Or, in a more common example, leveling Krile to 60 and getting Dualcast or Vaan to 80 and getting Full Break. There's no power curve; it's a step progression.

I think the general trick is recognizing where to go to maximize your energy. There are particular exploration missions to hit up to farm unit and rank experience. The Vortex is also there to jump start a lot of this.

I wouldn't say it's a quick moving game, but I've never really felt that it's particularly slow, either. Granted, I actually love the grinding that you face in old school RPG's, and this plays into that quite well. So if you are looking to get a new unit and have them maxed in a day or two... then yeah... this isn't your game. But I always feel like I've made progress towards at least one of my goals by the end of the day.

Im doing at least a single 11 pull when the banner hits

Pray for me

Probably wpnt be posting much over the holiday weekend though

I hope you all have an amazing turkey day

Im doing at least a single 11 pull when the banner hits

Pray for me

Probably wpnt be posting much over the holiday weekend though

I hope you all have an amazing turkey day

You do the same!

I also won't be posting here or even really playing the game much this weekend. Starting tomorrow, actually. Family gatherings, travel, and all that jazz. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Muku

Don't worry, I'll take that fall so noone else has to!

Awesome! Gotta have a fall guy. ;)

I'll still be around for Thanksgiving, so hopefully it won't be too boring here. Maybe we can burn the witch at the stake to summon Chilly back and then we can have a real Thanksgiving party.

EDarkness

not gonna lie, this really doesnt sound fun at all

I was just about to say the same thing. I guess when the game gets to this point, it's probably better for me to quit. There's no way I'm gonna bother with this kind of stuff and I still want to see and participate in events and stuff. If I can't do it in a "fun" way, then it's about time to pack it up.

The new banner looks cool. I think I just want to get Bartz since I have Exdeath and there's no way I'm getting the 5* unit. Maybe I'll get lucky on one of my daily pulls.

If you're doing an exploration and everyone but your helper dies, and then you go on to continue farming and clear the exploration with your helper, will all the dead guys still earn exp from the times they were dead?

If you're doing an exploration and everyone but your helper dies, and then you go on to continue farming and clear the exploration with your helper, will all the dead guys still earn exp from the times they were dead?

As far as I know, yes.

I've plenty of level 1'ers die the first time through the Coast and I just used my friend unit to finish things up. They still got their EXP.

Unless anyone knows otherwise?

EDarkness

And to the board in general, for that matter. I think we all do a great job here in sharing, whether it be one of my meager units or the monsters like yours or Valentus'. I've been in plenty of situations where my friend units are the reason I pulled through.

It's great that we have some pretty awesome people here. I feel bad most of the time because I feel like I can't really contribute much since I don't have any super powerful units and I don't really have much to help people with. I guess maybe one day that'll happen, but up until now I feel like I haven't been able to really contribute anything. It's sad and I really don't like that part of it at all.

It's great that we have some pretty awesome people here. I feel bad most of the time because I feel like I can't really contribute much since I don't have any super powerful units and I don't really have much to help people with. I guess maybe one day that'll happen, but up until now I feel like I haven't been able to really contribute anything. It's sad and I really don't like that part of it at all.

Don't sell yourself short! You're Talbain in the game, right? I've used your shared unit quite a number of times! Especially right now as I try to eke out my final karma farming and you are one of the few people not sharing Lightning or CoD. We all have our roles.

Xion86

Well I've definitely made good use of this event, didn't think I'd get near the amount of items I got:

Trust Moogle
HP +15%
Vernard
Tablet of Ruin
Demonic Life
Lad Mirazh
Guardian's Authority
Destroyer's Authority
Summon tickets
Star Quartz
Gigantuars
Potions

Rest stocked up on materials!

Seeing as the next event will be a short one, it will give me a chance to catch up on the first and second half of the new story.

Placed Luneth back as leader now.

Whizkid7

Awesome! Gotta have a fall guy. ;)

I'll still be around for Thanksgiving, so hopefully it won't be too boring here. Maybe we can burn the witch at the stake to summon Chilly back and then we can have a real Thanksgiving party.

So would Tillith be the witch in this case? I'd feel kind of bad about staking a goddess, but that might be what it takes for the summon to work.

tuffymon

So would Tillith be the witch in this case? I'd feel kind of bad about staking a goddess, but that might be what it takes for the summon to work.

I haven't played BF in a LONG time, so forgive if I fail on this... but do we KNOW for sure she's a goddess, and not just lying or some misdirection? I mean, we do KNOW she's a reaper, and probably willing to do whatever for that sweet sweet kill.

Westonian

I just cleared out my friends list of dead weight. I have room for about 20. I don't have any super great characters, but I main an maxed Arc with 383 mag. (I have four Arcs. which make the arena almost unfair with dual cast allowed).

154 211 436

Pejo

Gold Member
Debating if I want to bother awakening my Karl and Seria. The event's nearly over, and I would never ever use them outside of it. That said, they're both 60/60 and I have the sacreds to do it, and I'm a completionist that hates seeing unawakened units....

Also, after this event ends, would you guys rather have Elza stay as a friend unit or back to Luneth?

I see no shortage of Luneth/Lightnings out there, so maybe Elza is a better choice just for the Def Down move and Madness rush? I have dual wield on her and am working on some TM weapons. (Gugnir over halfway done).

Debating if I want to bother awakening my Karl and Seria. The event's nearly over, and I would never ever use them outside of it. That said, they're both 60/60 and I have the sacreds to do it, and I'm a completionist that hates seeing unawakened units....

Also, after this event ends, would you guys rather have Elza stay as a friend unit or back to Luneth?

I see no shortage of Luneth/Lightnings out there, so maybe Elza is a better choice just for the Def Down move and Madness rush? I have dual wield on her and am working on some TM weapons. (Gugnir over halfway done).

For the next event I'm thinking Luneth probably better, equipped with Ifrit and Plant Killer ability. I think we're still not sure how hard it willb e though?

Whizkid7

I haven't played BF in a LONG time, so forgive if I fail on this... but do we KNOW for sure she's a goddess, and not just lying or some misdirection? I mean, we do KNOW she's a reaper, and probably willing to do whatever for that sweet sweet kill.

Welllllllll, sorta kinda BF story spoilers buuuuuuut
you end up fighting Lucius, the God of the Gate and when you kick his ass Tillith takes his place so you can still do your thing and save the world, so even if she's not a true goddess she's clearly as powerful as one, if not more so.

Andvary

Congrats, that is awesome! Not sure if I am going to be able to get it this week... kind of ignored arena for the first couple days this week. Up to like 55 streak right now.

Thanks! It felt a little harder this week, like if there was less people playing and more troll low rank players with many 6* units. I got a close call when my streak was in the 60s.

Iceman829

I still have about 3-4 more friend spots if anyone else wants to add me 713 130 495.

I still have Locke on for those farming sacred crystals

Broseybrose

I just cleared out my friends list of dead weight. I have room for about 20. I don't have any super great characters, but I main an maxed Arc with 383 mag. (I have four Arcs. which make the arena almost unfair with dual cast allowed).

154 211 436

Bought 5 slots and sent you a FR.

4 slots remain!

edit- Sharing 376 MAG Tellah. Have CoD Refia and Cecil maxed. Also have Locke and many more.

Well I don't wanna get rid of Chilly yet in case he comes back so I made some room for 5 friends. Currently have a lame Elza for event but once it's over I will go between a 500-600 MAG Exdeath and an eventual 765+ Luneth.

ALRIGHT NEWBS

Just opened 10 slots and its the time of year for giving thanks

So as tribute to you clowns I will be your new friend and savior!

746 132 519

Add me fools! and MAKE SURE you call out GAF in the description somewhere

tariniel

I just lost an arena 90-streak to the most cheesy shit ever.

Lightning AoE with a sleep dagger.

I'm stealing it.

Thankfully I already had the achievement done, I just lost a lot bonus points from the streak is all.

Edit: First match after using it, it slept the other teams Cecil. Eat shit, cover!

chrono01

I'm sure I already have all of you on my Friend List, but just to be sure, I'll comb through the last few pages and add anyone that I've yet to.

All of this talk about Tilith makes me want to pick up Brave Frontier again, but I've been gone for so long...

As for the next banner, I probably won't even do dailies (similar to the current one). I want Gilgamesh as much as the next guy/gal, but I'm not going to pull specifically for him and I already have the other characters that interest me (two of Exdeath, one Bartz). If Mercedes was included, I'd feel more obligated to pull, but since that didn't happen...more saved Lapis!

I'll add some of you guys in a bit, everyone's been a great help so far, would love to have some more. I'll be rank 70 slamming the shit out of event enemies before you know it :)

Gotta finish this exploration first...

Acerac

Banned
We doing ID spam? I run Demon Rain because my draws from the machine have been odd and somehow he is my best offensive unit with 460ish attack.

487,561,477 if you want my tank who wishes he were a damage dealer as a friend.

robotuw

Guys I'm really starting to hate the arena. It's a coin flip to see if I win or lose at the start, and if I win then it's 2-3 more turns of killing Cecil. The same strategy works 99% of the time and it takes sooooo long. All the free stuff is great but dear lord has it gotten boring.

Guys I'm really starting to hate the arena. It's a coin flip to see if I win or lose at the start, and if I win then it's 2-3 more turns of killing Cecil. The same strategy works 99% of the time and it takes sooooo long. All the free stuff is great but dear lord has it gotten boring.

Yeah i just buolt a team to wipe scrub teams fast and call it a day for the freebies

I have no interest in taking it seriously and i hope most of the community does the same so everyone can score easy wins lol

Syntsui

Don't take the arena seriously, depending on the opposing team, in two turns you can be wiped out and there's nothing you can do.

Elza and her Lance coupled with Luneth and Lightning is the scariest shit ever. Lance + Hit All + Any of the elemental AoE + Two turns in a row = GG.

UrSuLeTzU

With tms you wont be in any clear disadvantage at all.

You can see the mvp of the Maxwell trial is a base 3star unit.

But, if you wanna pull and dont waste money, save for orlandu.

Orlandu is love, orlandu is life

Thats why this community is here. It doesnt help when people says "omg i did a daily summon and got 2 elzas!!!" When in reality they caught their elzas in the 40th summon. I dont know why people has to lie like this (im not talking about here. This community is awesome, but reddit is a toxic please full of pos like that) So its normal to get frustrated, but as long as ExviusGAF lives, we all as a group Will clear all the trials. You can beat your ass that Will Be true.

Just wanted to say you guys and this community are awesome!

Another daily another Bedile, wooooo!

Having Maxwell has helped this Karma grind to be better the past couple days (farmed cactuar most of the weekend). I still haven't completed the kill Maxwell with a LB and have no one die objectives, but not sure if I can/if its worth it. Probably could pull off the LB... but the no KO objective I'm not so sure on.

Yeah we are pretty good at coming up with winning strats here on exvius GAF

and making broken ass friend units

I'll speak on this from the dolphin perspective. I came into this game knowing I wanted a few select units and that I'd go out of my way to get them. They were Lightning and Orlandu. I've got one and the other isn't released in global yet. I knew I was going to have to spend some cash to obtain. This isn't my first rodeo when it comes to gatcha games. Along the way there were a few select units that I wanted as well but did not obtain, Dracu Lasswell and Luneth. I did however get Elza who's IMO one of the best units right now and she's become a staple on my team for the foreseeable future. Chasing rainbows will cost you. It can cost you a little or it can cost you a lot. The choice of the two unfortunately isn't up to you, it's up to RNG. For the most part I've been very lucky when comparing cash spent vs. the units I've obtained. For me the pot has run out. I purchased my home so the excess cash I had is now gone. I'll do a few 11 pulls for Orlandu and possibly 1-2 for Gilgamash as I need the TM or hopefully get a Zidane out of the pot.

When it comes to power creep we all know that's just the nature of these games. I chased Chizuru HARD, never got one until like 2 weeks ago where I pulled 3 lol. Now, Chiz ain't shit and that's only because she doesn't have her 6 star yet. The game is at a point now where 3* are getting 6* form and are closing the gap between whale and F2P. Will it fully close it? Hell no, Gumi needs to make that cash. Coming from Puzzles and Dragons I'm fully aware of what's in store for Trials and such, personally I find this game to be much more forgiving as we've found strats and ways to deal with such things like Maxwell, Golbez, etc. for the F2P crowd.

I think one of the most important things to realize is that this community will always be here to help each other. I'm constantly spending lapis to open up slots for more of the newer people joining us. All we ask is that you keep Gaf in your friend message so we don't delete you. We'll always find a way to get through what ever Gumi decides to throw at us!

AMEN to Exvius GAF. Sharing our stories both of success and failure on this board is the glue that keeps us together and able to enjoy this game to it's fullest :D. #Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, GOD I miss a decent tactics type srpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom