• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

Oh they sorta cycle them around and the moogle asks for different stuff depending on the event running?

Correct, the event is loosely a reimagining of something that was in that game etc

edit shin, depends on if its orbs or energy for this raid? I thought it was energy this time around~

Quick question. When do the weekly arena events end? I'm sitting at about 38k right now and wondering if I've got room to get into that 30k bracket.

Correct, the event is loosely a reimagining of something that was in that game etc

edit shin, depends on if its orbs or energy for this raid? I thought it was energy this time around~

Oh ok. That's a kinda cool little touch.

robotuw

Guess good side to the next event being a raid.

Another week of TM farming!

Word. I'll get mag +30% #2 done tonight. I was about to start a slate of Arcs but maybe I'll hold off and see how it goes with Zyrus. If not them, then I'll keep working on Emperor and add in Cupid Art and 3x Seven so eventually Tilith can ignore statuses.

Pejo

Gold Member
The weekly's end either tonight or tomorrow night... I can't recall which sorry >.<

It's tonight, at like 1AM PST I think. Always Thursday nights into Friday for the weekly. Used to be a neat and clean 12 midnight PST, but then daylight savings happened.

Kouriozan

Already gave my Noctis a Dragon Killer materia, ready for tomorrow!

Watching the second 10 units party trial, if you don't have WoL and Rikku, you can already give up.

Reberta is pretty great for a 5-star unit. Multiple Imperils means she'll work well with a variety of units and she has a 400% attack so there's no loss in damage even if you aren't using her Jumps. She'll do stupid damage to the important dragon fight later, the Bahamut Summon fight, lol.

JP event is out too. I used my Guaranteed 4-star tickets and get 2 Vern & 1 Sedona. Got them for the collection. However, it's a Trust Moogle event so I also got 25% worth of TMs from those 3 tickets, 2 10% and 1 5%

I go to regular tickets, get a Clyne, Arc, and on the 3rd ticket that goes Gold -> Rainbow and BAM out pops Sage Sakura. Woo, I wanted to get her too.

Enhancements are out too and I think I'll max out Terra even though I don't know the modifiers on them yet, lol.

Congrats! That's a small cost for all the banner units essentially.

I got 1 Sedona with my 4* ticket. Any thoughts on her?

Shouta

Stupid Bloody moon. I need to beat that to get the rod from it. >=|

Congrats! That's a small cost for all the banner units essentially.

I got 1 Sedona with my 4* ticket. Any thoughts on her?

Sedona is pretty niche. She doesn't have many regular passive skills and most of her other skills are a reaction to getting attacked which makes her difficult to use in most cases. She has some crazy counter skills as a result but it's not something you can rely on most of the time. Even her best attacks have a 50% chance of missing too which is kinda silly. She could be a monster but it relies too much on chance even more so than the Romancing SaGa units which look like they have a random factor but don't really.

She might be kind of fun in the arena though because of the counter stuff. You'd need to put Golem on her to do Provoke though. However, it'd still be less optimal than just killing the enemy on one turn lol.

across

Delita break upgrades, interesting. Probably still not worth Power crysts, but I can get him to within spitting distance of 800 ATK while using Orlandeau's TM so he can actually attack after dropping breaks...

The fact that Gumi is happy to not only do GL-enhanced enhancements (Delita, Snow) but GL-specific enhancements (Hope... ?!) is really cool. I'm expecting high comedy for the Type-0 characters that already received GL improvements.

Unfortunately this all remains academic until story events start rolling out, 'cause fuck the Vortex of Gems.

Stupid Bloody moon. I need to beat that to get the rod from it. >=|

Sedona is pretty niche. She doesn't have many regular passive skills and most of her other skills are a reaction to getting attacked which makes her difficult to use in most cases. She has some crazy counter skills as a result but it's not something you can rely on most of the time. Even her best attacks have a 50% chance of missing too which is kinda silly. She could be a monster but it relies too much on chance even more so than the Romancing SaGa units which look like they have a random factor but don't really.

She might be kind of fun in the arena though because of the counter stuff. You'd need to put Golem on her to do Provoke though. However, it'd still be less optimal than just killing the enemy on one turn lol.
Ah bummer, appreciate the summary. I'll tinker around with her in arena at some point to see what she can do then.

Lyrian

Delita break upgrades, interesting. Probably still not worth Power crysts, but I can get him to within spitting distance of 800 ATK while using Orlandeau's TM so he can actually attack after dropping breaks...

ExviusWiki hasn't evaluated the new enhancements yet, but Reddit has done so and has upgraded Delita to SSS status.

The mighty evaluation is based on the grounds that Delita's breaks +2 yield ~85.7% more damage than the current top break (Elza's Ravishing Blow). Versus upcoming 6* WoL, Delita's break yields ~103.9% more damage for all physical units.

New Gold Standard of the Moment: Delita --> Orlandeau chain

Also, very quietly, if you read between the lines, there is quiet optimism for Garnet and Hope (if he ever gets a 6*).

ExviusWiki hasn't evaluated the new enhancements yet, but Reddit has done so and has upgraded Delita to SSS status.

The mighty evaluation is based on the grounds that Delita's breaks +2 yield ~85.7% more damage than the current top break (Elza's Ravishing Blow). Versus upcoming 6* WoL, Delita's break yields ~103.9% more damage for all physical units.

New Gold Standard of the Moment: Delita --> Orlandeau chain

Also, very quietly, if you read between the lines, there is quiet optimism for Garnet and Hope (if he ever gets a 6*).

These adjustments are exciting!

Im glad they are taking Global as an opportunity to do things differently!!

across

Meanwhile I'm out here looking at 65% SPR breaks and Delita's Meditate+2 to power my Trance Terras...

I'll make the magic meta happen, damn it. Just need to yolo free pull Noctis for a chain ender... :/

across

Main issue with def breaks is that most things it'd be valuable againsts are resistant to it and most units that can be def breaked probably easily die even with lower def breaks or none.

This is my primary concern and why ultimately I'm unlikely to sink crysts into Delita. His breaks take power crysts, as do basically every damage ability of note. Well, damage works on everything and breaks don't. So...

Syntsui

Main issue with def breaks is that most things it'd be valuable againsts are resistant to it and most units that can be def breaked probably easily die even with lower def breaks or none.

That's something to consider too, shenanigans where breaking the enemies make them wipe your party or straight up being immune to it might be common from now on. With that in mind, I don't believe those breaks equals to more than 100% more damage, I have to see with my own eyes.

Lyrian

I'll make the magic meta happen, damn it.

I think it will happen in the moderate future, once all the chaining mages show up. The unexpected global enhancement buffs to Hope and Garnet would signal that Gumi is perhaps seriously considering this. I've shifted my stance to moderately optimistic that it will happen.

-- Additional note: consensus is building that the expectations for Elza's Ravishing Blow +2 to be 60% DEF/SPR break (with maybe a dark imperil). This would retain Elza's utilty as a top-tier defense breaker, while giving a nod to Delita as the top defense breaker if the player is willing to only break one defensive stat at a time. Can't say I disagree with the line of logic; seems sound and rather plausible to me.

Lyrian

Excellent point. A big giant question mark is how often Gumi on Global will make bosses defensive break resistant or outright immune. Best break is still best break, but what good will it be if Gumi trolls everyone by making everything of value break immune?

Shouta

65% is still massive though and can be useful. As I recall, the Aigaion 3-turn magic kill had Delita's SPR break as a part of how they beat it. So there's that. =P

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
-- Additional note: consensus is building that the expectations for Elza's Ravishing Blow +2 to be 60% DEF/SPR break (with maybe a dark imperil). This would retain Elza's utilty as a top-tier defense breaker, while giving a nod to Delita as the top defense breaker if the player is willing to only break one defensive stat at a time. Can't say I disagree with the line of logic; seems sound and rather plausible to me.

I could see a 55% increase, but going from a 3 to 5 turn for another. They may want to keep the individual breaks a hefty amount better than duo.

My side thoughts.

On the TM front, working out the new plan.
Current will be DW for my new best buddy and Arsha's Talisman.
Noctis is at 90% too, so I'll move him over along with Ramza.
Noctis and Elle's should finish up around the same time. So I'll move the Hayate's in after for the 2nd Black Cowl.

Should finish up the next two weeks with one Talisman, DW, Lucii Ring, and Black Cowl. Along with 50% done on Ramza.

Definitely make grinding out individual TMs more bearable this way. Not really sure what I need after, probably clear out the Four Arcs and Shines. Arc's Rod will be nice once I need Mages. And since I could possible run three DPS now. Another Shine's TM ain't going to hurt.

fionel

damn, just when I thought I was rocking it with 9x chain with 3 Lulu's, here comes Visceir's gif showing 3 Sakuras doing a 119 chain T_T

Lulu trash tier confirmed.

Celegus

Heard somewhere you don't really need a tank for Bahamut so Cecil can sit this one out? Preliminary team looks like Refia, Marie, Yun, Noctis, Setzer but I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Rixa

IaLG69W.gif

Too bad I don't have much resources to pull. 1 Daily 1 Tix (plus all the tix we get during event) 1 10+1.
Skipped Eileen banner almost completely (5 tix pulls). Prolly one of the fews here who is waiting this banner :D.

Not expecting to get jack shit, its been my current trend this year. Not getting banner 4* units, last Rainbow was from Freebie 10+1 (DKC), after that done over 100 pulls mostly trash. Had to use +4* tix and was "lucky" it was Setzer.

Rixa

5 Gold from banner but no banner gold :(

Free Summon = Locke (ok)
Tix1 = Hayate (ok)
Tix2 = Kuja
Daily = Gold Refia

10+1 = 4 Goldies, fuck you game.

Screenshot_20170512-111436.png

The heck I do with Sozhes. Atleast I got 5th 30% Mag finally...

Free summon = Shadow
Ticket #1 = Gau
Ticket #2 = Kain
Daily pull = Ovelia

Ouch. Just... ouch.

In good news, I was able to beat all the way up to ELT with zero problems and got all the rewards along the way. Never even saw Bahamut attack. I'll try the trial a bit later.

Visceir

damn, just when I thought I was rocking it with 9x chain with 3 Lulu's, here comes Visceir's gif showing 3 Sakuras doing a 119 chain T_T

Lulu trash tier confirmed.

LBs aren't exactly the optimal chain source...unless you can generate enough LB crystals with those chains to fill up the LB bar again, I guess (not really the case with Sakuras at the test tummy, maybe with more enmies on the screen).

I think Runera is seriously good now after her enhancements -- need 2 of them for the full effect though.

linkent

Elite is so much easier than Ifrit fight.
Need to 2 turn it without Orlandoo.

Too scare to try trial will wait for the strategies.

2 blues on dailies.

Also it seems like bahamut coins pull give kain/firion tm.
Time to get those gungnirs...
Rainbow crystal....Ramza! Not Roberta but I'll take it :)
Gratz!
First Ramza is always nice.
Look forward to enhancement to come.

tuffymon

Tried a quick stab at Baha before bed... Failed to break him with flask, anyone that didn't jump died from megaflare and whoever landed died before getting a turn... nice >.>;

Rixa

Tried a quick stab at Baha before bed... Failed to break him with flask, anyone that didn't jump died from megaflare and whoever landed died before getting a turn... nice >.>;

Boyband needed. Ill wait for the guides before going in.
Refia & Cecil + Snow?
Noctis, Noctis + friend Noctis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom