• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta! RK beat Fork Tower! zomgawesome

I'm at Exdeath castle in World 2. I'm not in the challenge but playing along and thought this would be best thread to ask a general question.

My levels are around 32 to 33 and suffice to say, I'm having trouble with Exdeath. Does anyone know of any good grinding points in World 2?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Woah, woah, woah. I was 32 when I started trying the final boss. I only had to grind because my party is stupid.
What are you using and what are your problems?

I'm having trouble with Exdeath himself.

Here are my jobs: (Character; Exp. LVL; Primary Job Level; Secondary Jobs Levels)

Bartz: (LVL 34 Thief LVL 6; Monk LVL 2; Dragoon LVL 2; Mystic Knight LVL 4; Summoner LVL 5)

Lenna: (LVL 33 Chemist LVL4; Ninja LVL 3; Samurai LVL 3; Black Mage LVL 6; Blue Mage LVL 4; )

Krile: (LVL 33 Monk LVL 6; Ninja LVL 4; Beastmaster Mastered )

Faris: (LVL 33 Time Mage LVL5; Monk LVL 4; White Mage Mastered; Time Mage LVL 5; Geomancer Mastered)

Yes, I know, I suck. But, again, I'm not participating in the challenge obviously, but was motivated to complete this game thanks to this thread.

Link Man

Banned
biggkidd32 said:
I'm having trouble with Exdeath himself.

Here are my jobs: (Character; Exp. LVL; Primary Job Level; Secondary Jobs Levels)

Bartz: (LVL 34 Thief LVL 6; Monk LVL 2; Dragoon LVL 2; Mystic Knight LVL 4; Summoner LVL 5)

Lenna: (LVL 33 Chemist LVL4; Ninja LVL 3; Samurai LVL 3; Black Mage LVL 6; Blue Mage LVL 4; )

Krile: (LVL 33 Monk LVL 6; Ninja LVL 4; Beastmaster Mastered )

Faris: (LVL 33 Time Mage LVL5; Monk LVL 4; White Mage Mastered; Time Mage LVL 5; Geomancer Mastered)

Yes, I know, I suck. But, again, I'm not participating in the challenge obviously, but was motivated to complete this game thanks to this thread.
Summon Carbuncle, White Wind to heal.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I'm not even sure what your problem could be. What are you doing in the battle?

RevenantKioku said:
I'm not even sure what your problem could be. What are you doing in the battle?
I'm just having trouble outlasting him. I only have one true healer. I don't have White Wind, Link Man.

Link Man

Banned
biggkidd32 said:
I'm just having trouble outlasting him. I only have one true healer. I don't have White Wind, Link Man.
You had a Beastmaster and Blue Mage, but didn't pick up White Wind? Yikes.

I guess Shell, Protect and Hastega, and keep your White Mage busy then.

Also, have your Chemist use Mix (you should have it by now). Look up a faq for good mixes.

RevenantKioku

Do you have Golem or Carbuncle? Those should help a good deal. How much damage are you doing on average? He has about 33k HP. I know it took me a while to get him but I had no healer.

Link Man said:
You had a Beastmaster and Blue Mage, but didn't pick up White Wind? Yikes.

I guess Shell, Protect and Hastega, and keep your White Mage busy then.

Also, have your Chemist use Mix (you should have it by now). Look up a faq for good mixes.
Yeah. I didn't use a faq, so I missed tons of stuff.

Link Man

Banned
biggkidd32 said:
Yeah. I didn't use a faq, so I missed tons of stuff.
Actually, looking over your party setup, you really should have split up the White Mage and Time Mage. They're your major source of buffs, and you really want to set those up as soon as possible; having two casters will speed that up. I'd give Time Magic to a physical class, such as Knight or Monk, as it isn't tied in any way to the magic stats (intelligence, spirit etc.).

Saerk

ccbfan said:
Your party is much much better.

Its not just Time Mage >>>> Bard and Archer > Berserker.

Its Time Mage >>>> Bard, Archer > Berserker, Thief w/ x-fight>>>>>>>Thief w/any skill from other party and White Mage w/ Time Magic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(do I have enough greaters?) White Mage w/any skill from other party.

The posted party have one major problem. Offense for 80 percent of the game. Fights where the enemy can heal themselves or counter or you have to kill quickly (like the 3 enemies atomos, byblos, fire hand thing) its near impossible without putting your bard on hide and wait a few days. With Time Magic(Haste, Demi and Comet plus slow/stop fors for a lot of enemies) and x-fight. This major disadvantage is nuetralised.

I wasn't saying my party was worse, but I was saying the one you had was completely doable. XFight is great except vs NeoXDeath. It hits nothing about 2/3 the time. The same thing happens with meteor. I beat him by casting quick - white - white the whole time. Time mage is good, but your party you mentioned has adequate healing and dmg to win.

I realized that if I wanted to take on the Super Ultra Hard Optional Bosses, I should probably beat the Super Hard Optional Bosses first.

502-ohhaiomega.png

Omega, I'm coming for thee!

503-imgunnakillyou.png

I got thrashed oh the first... I dunno... several dozen times. D:

But after a bit
a lot
of level grinding and a few strategy tests I managed to work something out.

I had Hermes Sandals on everyone, first turn I used the Magic Lamp to summon Carcubuncle. Then, Hasted and Reflected, I blasted Thundaga across the party. I was doing 9999 per hit to the guy. It basically became a contest of "who can kill the other fastest."

He won most of the time. :(

504-SCREWYOUROBOT.png

But... finally, I managed to prevail!

Next, I took on Shinryu!

505-thestoryofmylife.png

The ultimate dragon is... in a chest.

Geez this is kinda a jerk move, this one. The first time player opens the chest, gets the Monster-in-a-box.

506-howthecrapcanybodysurvivethat.png

And is destroyed by a super dragon that does more damage it's possible for him to have. Without the entire party having Coral Rings, it's pretty near impossible to win.

Still, I'm ready to fight the Super Dragon.. it's going to be tough, it's going to take my best attacks I'll slowly wear it down...

507-ohcomeonthatwaseasy.png

....it's over?

Well... um... geez, that was fast. Really fast. I mean.. wow.

508-thatdragonsapansy.png

On the plus side I managed to get the awesome Ragnarok sword!

509-USELESSEXPLANATONPOINT.png

...oh wait. Yeah.

Useless to me.

Uuuusssssseeelleeeeeeesss.

B.K.

I finally made it to the third world. I didn't have any problems with Ex-Death in his castle. I just kept spamming Firaga and he went down easily enough. I've started running from battles when I can. I'm going to get the Chicken Blade and I need to escape to power it up.

B.K.

ccbfan said:
Its also probably the best class in the game overall because of mix. While mostly single target, Chemist the best healing and buffing capabilities in the game. Blood Kiss is broken as hell. I mean double HP, raise 10/20 levels that stack, revive with full hp/mp, heal 2k while also damaging 2k in one move. Even little stuff like float,increase elemental attack, ect is extremely useful. Mix is also the perfect 2nd skill. Makes character broken no matter the class.

What's the combination for Blood Kiss? I looked at a faqs, but couldn't find it. Are Mix results random? I used a combination from a faqs, but it kept doing something else instead of what ti was supposed ti.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
B.K. said:
What's the combination for Blood Kiss? I looked at a faqs, but couldn't find it. Are Mix results random? I used a combination from a faqs, but it kept doing something else instead of what ti was supposed ti.

Turtle Shell + Maiden's Kiss is what you're looking for. You're probably having trouble finding it because over the course of multiple translations pretty much every ability in FFV has at least 2 or 3 names in English.

As a general rule all the really good mixes require at least one Turtle Shell, Dragon Fang, or Dark Matter.

B.K. said:
I finally made it to the third world. I didn't have any problems with Ex-Death in his castle. I just kept spamming Firaga and he went down easily enough. I've started running from battles when I can. I'm going to get the Chicken Blade and I need to escape to power it up.

Just go the the phoenix tower, find a magic pot, hold down L+R and mash A in front of it.

Got it fully powered up in a couple minutes.

510-ILIKEMYSPINEWHEREITISNOW.png

AHH NOT AGAIN PLEASE DON'T PUNCH OUT MY BLOOD

511-GilTurtlemorelikeFailTurtle.png

Oh hey... I won!

And with that, I think I'm done with this challenge. I tried to do the Sealed Temple, but hit the wall of Grand Aevis.

I don't think it's possible to beat these later Super-bosses with just the abilities I have. It's just not fun and I don't want to do any more level grinding. And since this is all for fun I feel no problem throwing in the towel.

Besides, I've already beaten the challenge, all the superbosses are purely for epenis. :p

512-Theyreprettygoodallthingsconcid.png

So I'm saying farewell Jimmy. It's been fun.

B.K.

PataHikari said:
Just go the the phoenix tower, find a magic pot, hold down L+R and mash A in front of it.

Got it fully powered up in a couple minutes.

Is there any way to prevent fleeing when I try to attack with the Chicken Blade?

MoogPaul

Figured I'd ask here instead of posting a new topic, but is anyone having any problems playing FF5 from Anthology on a ps3? I looked up issues and what's happening to me is coming up as an issue that has been resolved. The game hangs when you click on save. Even though they say this is an old issue that's been resolved and I have the newest firmware, it is still happening to me. It doesn't happen every time but it does often. I'm going to have to try the game later in my ps2 or my ps1 but I'd prefer to play on my psp via remote play from the ps3 so the wifey can still watch tv.

There's also a glitch in the GBA version (don't know if it's in any other versions) if you duel wield a Twin Lance in the right hand, and Chicken Lance in the left, it'll bypass the run check.

Chris R

MoogPaul said:
Figured I'd ask here instead of posting a new topic, but is anyone having any problems playing FF5 from Anthology on a ps3? I looked up issues and what's happening to me is coming up as an issue that has been resolved. The game hangs when you click on save. Even though they say this is an old issue that's been resolved and I have the newest firmware, it is still happening to me. It doesn't happen every time but it does often. I'm going to have to try the game later in my ps2 or my ps1 but I'd prefer to play on my psp via remote play from the ps3 so the wifey can still watch tv.
There are issues playing the PS1 version of the game on my PSP, also related to saving. The game doesn't hang though, it just corrupts the graphics and you just have to quit out of the menu, move a few blocks and try again.

I've been playing other games so I'm still stuck in the damn huge ass pyramid :( Closing in on having two jobs mastered on each character though :D

MoogPaul

Bummer, I spent a whopping 2 dollars getting the disc resurfaced because I thought it was my disc. Not my 2 dollars!

RevenantKioku

Link Man said:
So in other words, don't put it on a berserker.
The Chicken Knife ultimately ended up on my Dancer, but I don't remember the Berserker ever running while using it. That may have just been chance, though.

Yaweee

PataHikari said:
Hey somebody should make a list of people who've beaten the challenge. Kinda curious. :)

Yaweee
PataHakari
RevenantKioku
ixix
Saerk
charlequin
Link Man
Ourobolus
ccbfan
Man God
Red Scarlet
Sword Familiar
Kyosuke ?
Firex?
Aeana?
Exhumed

Question marks denote the people that I think beat it, but I didn't actually see an "I beat it" post.

Exhumed

First post! Finally got access today. Been waiting since March to get approved!

I took part in this as well. I had the Thief, White Mage, Archer, and Mystic Knight set up. I didn't take any pics at the time but it was a very enjoyable experience. Fork Tower proved to be interesting needless to say.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
RevenantKioku said:
The Chicken Knife ultimately ended up on my Dancer, but I don't remember the Berserker ever running while using it. That may have just been chance, though.

I think I've read somewhere that it has to do with a glitch associated with the Berserker's ability to equip two weapons at one time. The party will never run because the game is deluded into thinking that it isn't attacking with the Chicken Knife AFTER the hit has landed, thus not triggering the Flee effect.

Llyranor

Oh man, I think I've been disqualified due to inactivity. Too many other games as distraction! I'll still get back into the game/contest in my own time when I actually get around to it.

ccbfan

@ccbfan315 has registered for FF5FJF2011 and got the Wind Job 'White Mage'. Yay, healing!

Ouch this can going to be rough for the first part.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Where's the Frost Rod before climbing the mountain? Screwed myself at the boss fight by not being able to deal damage, going to cheese her and had to load an earlier save and climb back up to where I was. *sigh*

Edit: Whoops, 2009 thread.

Top Bottom