• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX coming to PC & Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the first reveal was true, then I expect this to come out at the 29th.
I don't mind if they push it to February though. End of January is going to be well-packed for me, with Dragon's Dogma, The Division Beta, and Tomb Raider.

Terra

Apparently people in the Steam community are speculating that it might be released tomorrow. But I don't know after last week...

I still believe in this..
kZKy57Q.png

Malrend

Well Square isn't exactly the cleverest of organisations.. Not that organisations in general are all that clever.
So suddenly realising that they'd compete with another of their own franchises could very well have been why this has been such a mess so far.

Square should be really stupid if they release FFIX in the same day of Tomb Raider. A game made by the same company

Why would that make any difference at all? The re-release of a 16 year old FF game on PC at (presumably) $20 or less isn't going to affect the PC version of a brand new Tomb Raider game at full retail price.

Tizoc

Yup, Rise is probably the reason of the delay.

Bruv
SEGA released Binary Domain close to Mass Effect 3.
It's not because other games are releasing on Steam; is the iOS ver. even out yet? Generally the iOS version releases followed by Steam release.

They're still working on the game, and honestly S-E putting better effort on their PC/Steam releases is something I'm happy to have the take as much time as they need.

Falk

that puzzling face
edit: Will update post. They're playing the mobile version obviously.

- "Silicon Studio Thailand"
- Intro playing at 4:3 pillarboxed, so yeah, FMV confirmed for not being cropped.
- Continue, New Game, Load Data, Cloud Data options on title screen.
- Hard to tell from Youtube stream, but I'm at least 90% sure FMVs are running at a higher resolution than original PSX encodes.
- Interface elements are definitely higher resolution than PSX. Font and dialogue boxes both.
- Combat UI doesn't scream "mobile" nearly as much as FFIII/FFIV/FFV/FFVI mobile.
- At least more-than-50% sure that combat is still low FPS, and this isn't just something from the stream quality, as out-of-combat FPS is greater.
- FMV-background transitions are just as janky as FFVII/VIII PC, no surprise there.

Push the button alteady you damn japanese ...

Uh. Okay?

aravuus

Those are the only boosters? Shame. Would have loved something like, I dunno, infinite ability points (or w/e they were called, the ones you use to equip stuff like status immunities, extra dmg vs certain enemy types etc)

Hope there will be trainers for that kinda stuff

Those are the only boosters? Shame. Would have loved something like, I dunno, infinite ability points (or w/e they were called, the ones you use to equip stuff like status immunities, extra dmg vs certain enemy types etc)

... why the fuck ?

Terra

The hype for this game is real. The community seemd hungry for it! As it is my favourite i hope it will sell well, for future releases!

Those points are called magic stones. The screenshot shows "LV/Magic Stone Max" which isn't quite what you want but similarish.

heringer

Looks better than I expected. Unlike FFVII they bothered to make actual touch controls for the interface. That's a huge plus to me.

aravuus

... why the fuck ?

Because I want to get rid of all difficulty and ruin the experience for myself with a game I most certainly haven't played and finished like a dozen fucking times already with no cheats or such

Lol

It's fun to mix things up. It'd be fun to see how strong you'll be by the end of the game if there are no restrictions to which abilities you can equip. I've more or less 100%'d the game twice or thrice too already, anything to make the experience different is welcome.

Kazer

Will there be a no-encounter mode?

"Additional Features
・Achievements
・Seven game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
・Autosave
・High-definition movies and character models."

Yup! This is right on the steam store page.

*edit*
beaten.

artsi

Interesting that IX is the game we thought was lost forever, but it seems like it will be the most polished port of the three.

aravuus

So only these 3 boosters are permanent right?

Edit: The load time for the battle is still atrocious, I hope this changes with high speed mode.

Someone said they were playing on mobile too, I'm sure the load times are much better on PC

Or, you know... I hope they're better on PC lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks like Silicon Studio Thailand is doing a nice job. I'm pretty excited that this is confirmed and coming out on PC already, I really thought a mobile version would have to come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom