• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Not quite sure what I'm gonna do to beat White Dragon elite. My magic doesn't do enough damage. I might just go Advantaliate

MicH

I used Haste/Faith on the event White Dragon - that served me pretty well.
I brought both Haste (Boon) and Faith and I still ran out of abilities. The trash mobs before it are tough and you usually need to use two spells to kill them (unless you go physical - I had all mage team)

greyshark

I brought both Haste (Boon) and Faith and I still ran out of abilities. The trash mobs before it are tough and you usually need to use two spells to kill them (unless you go physical - I had all mage team)

Yikes - would Quake help on the trash?

EDIT - Remembering from the event - is the trash single-enemy dragons that have a ton of HP?

MicH

Yikes - would Quake help on the trash?

EDIT - Remembering from the event - is the trash single-enemy dragons that have a ton of HP?
Yeah, they have more than 9999 HP and mostly consists of those annoying dragons. I only got two floors with two enemies. The rest were all single enemies that require two spells to kill

Whenever I get to that point I realize that my strategy was not the right one - I'll exit out and re-do my party. Happened with both +++'s in the last two events (multiple times).

Yeah. I use and abuse the advantaliate strategy that's my main problem.

I had cloud on my team since day 1, I'm more of a melee guy, I don't like spending my orbs on magic lol and that's the problem, I get nuked before I get all my mitigations up.

Nohar

One way to reduce the S/L at the beginning of a boss fight (assuming one can't put up mitigation right before it) is to equip characters with essential mitigation abilites with an Haste Record Materia. It isn't failproof, but it works quite well.

Yeah these elites are something. I've finished the IV and v elites and am now deciding on which of the remaining to tackle first. I was stamina inefficient overnight unfortunately.

I find myself way over reliant on the polymorph rod to get back ability uses, particularly on bosses like the two IV elites. And I have pretty reasonably honed abilities, exp levels, and equips. I do need to take my ja spells to r4, hopefully through the orb fest, perhaps that will help. Polymorph allows for a looser playstyle and setup, one that will eventually bite me in the ass.

Assuming I can get through these dungeons in the next 12 hrs or so, I'm hoping to farm one major earth from the wall to craft barrage. Really curious to try that out with an advantalite guy.

In an alternate universe, Josef's rm2 dropped after an investment of a mere 34 stam spread over two battles in a dungeon. Wtf, I'll take it, no days of stam blowing needed this time.

Falk

that puzzling face
I had Tellah in for both IV elite fights with his Polymorph just because of RS, and I totally forget to use his SB. Derp.

Even the abortion-tier Dark Bahamut 4man.

MicH

Okay, took down White Dragon elite with Advantaliate. Wasn't that hard. Cloud as retaliator, Rydia with Valefor + Maduin for trash mobs, Tellah with Meteor and Shellga, Edward with Magic and Armor Breakdown and Y'shtola with Curaga and Boost (and added mitigation with SS2)

Red Mage

I was going to suggest that. It's basically the "screw it" option for now. Some of the newer bosses apparently ignore it, however.

Razmos

I'm on the Shifting Sands elite dungeon in FFV. I'll let you know how the bullshit gimmick boss goes when I S/L my way past these bullshit trash mobs that hit you with an AoE spell the second the battle starts and the fucking imps that absorb all elements.

EDIT: Also I just realized I forgot to equip a record materia to Josef. grrr
EDIT2: I also forgot to change Rinoa's weapon back from the Light Rod to the Valkyrie (I was just doing FFIII dungeons)

MicH

I don't know if I dare attempt Dark Bahamut elite with Advantaliate. Classic version was a breeze. Maybe with my Yuna instead of Y'shtola so I can get Hymn of the Fayth up asap. I do about 9500 damage per countered hit with Cloud with Advance and Boost up (or rather, I did against White Dragon elite)

B.K.

I'm trying to get Snow's Memory Crystal to break his level cap. Looks like it's going to be impossible with my horrible XIII gear. :/

Since I could top off everyone to full HP with Aerith's SB(not the best healing SB but it helps me again and again, <3 my Aerith) on the last trash before the battle with Bahamut, my run went fairly well thanks to a perfect timing on dispel and a few lucky counter flare. I finished with 2 bioga left on Vivi and 1 dispel/reflect. It was an intense fight and I came out with mastery. No advantaliate so far on new Elites, I am happy.

However, I feel like I need a few R4 aja(only have waterja at R4) and at least one more good MAG weapon to feel confident with my mage party for the future. I have something good going on and I saved plenty of Mythrils to strengthen that with Orbfest!

Nohar

Well, I only need to deal with the dragon trio, and I am done with the Elites. I'm not really looking forward fighting Dark Bahamut...

MicH

Took down Dark Bahamut with Advantaliate. Was honestly pretty easy, but I would have had a much harder time had I not had Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth to heal through it's attacks. Didn't even bring Dispel!

EDIT Page 200! Woo!

5 shards away from being done with this update.

Random tip I stumbled upon. In the case of Owzer's mansion apparently due to how Chadarnook swaps forms if you have at least four party members doing >8000 damage each to the demon form that will trigger the form switch and as such it will never get an attack in.

Took down Dark Bahamut with Advantaliate. Was honestly pretty easy, but I would have had a much harder time had I not had Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth to heal through it's attacks. Didn't even bring Dispel!

EDIT Page 200! Woo!
Nicely done.

<100 posts away from |OT2|. Did we ever decide on a subtitle? Keeping in line with this thread could The only law here is Murphy's law work?

Besides deciding on a subtitle, have we had someone step up to actually do the OP?

I may be dumb and have missed a post with this answered already >_>.

You'll have to get Kimahri in their somewhere given how much everyone here loves him ;)

Speaking of which, all this Record Keeping made me go and order the HD remaster of FF X/X-2 for the PS4. I never played the sequel back in the day, or beat the superbosses of the original so will be interesting to see how it holds up. At this rate I'll be seeing ATB bars in my sleep by the end of the year.

Falk

that puzzling face
You'll have to get Kimahri in their somewhere given how much everyone here loves him ;)

Speaking of which, all this Record Keeping made me go and order the HD remaster of FF X/X-2 for the PS4. I never played the sequel back in the day, or beat the superbosses of the original so will be interesting to see how it holds up. At this rate I'll be seeing ATB bars in my sleep by the end of the year.

Real talk, Square Enix could probably have done this without the gacha and made bank selling the nostalgia. Except

1) RIP dena's $$$
2) that FF6 iOS version help

MicH

Fuck Holy Dragon elite. It only uses MND based attacks so Magic Breakdown and Shellga does nothing. Couldn't master it and I really don't care. Ugh

Falk

that puzzling face
Um. Did they rollback FFRK at some point or something?

Game is saying I haven't completed Kingdom Reborn +++

Bizarre as all hell. (No, I'm not confusing it with the painting version)

edit: Shellga i.e. RES SHOULD affect MND based attacks. That's why Mental Breakdown makes Diaga hurt.

Balphon

Fuck Holy Dragon elite. It only uses MND based attacks so Magic Breakdown and Shellga does nothing. Couldn't master it and I really don't care. Ugh

All magic attacks are resisted via RES, so Shell will work, though Holy Dragon has dispel and Holy is not randomly targeted so you can't really rely on it. Your best bet is a mage team with sleep and poison.

MicH

All magic attacks are resisted via RES, so Shell will work, though Holy Dragon has dispel and Holy is not randomly targeted so you can't really rely on it. Your best bet is a mage team with sleep and poison.
Ah right, you're right about Shelgga. Also I completely forgot about Poison - I should definitely have brought that as I could probably have mastered it had I brought that. Sleep Buster missed pretty much every single time. Only landed it very rarely in my many tries to beat it. Will try again once I have Terra's MC

I've decided to leave the last two elites for the end of the orb event to get a free half stam bar. That and having hopefully a few additional hones and a maxed exp party to reduce a bit of the annoyance.

Is there any chance that we will be getting a Lock MC during the Terra event? I have his SB weapon but having him stuck at level 50 makes me never use him :(

The person targeted with Holy can also use the defend command to have a better shot at surviving. Still regarding the shell advice wouldn't dispel get rid of shell?

I'm tempted to have Sephiroph as retaliator here despite being much weaker than Auron or Cloud due to being unable to equip Zantetsuken so I can better mage meta that boss (no lugging low use summons or meteor around) and have Sephiroph with Poison/Retaliate.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wondering if Pencil's RW will attract Holy, since it's single target and apparently his SB attracts single target magic in addition to single target physical.

Not that it really matters, poison, sleep, AFK hahahah

These Coerls and their counter blasters. Them and the Medusas - such a pain the trash in these FF4 elites lol, im wondering if i should just keep revive on someone in case of such hijinx whilst clearing these elites.

Balphon

The person targeted with Holy can also use the defend command to have a better shot at surviving. Still regarding the shell advice wouldn't dispel get rid of shell?

Yes, which is why sleep is probably the best plan.

I'm tempted to have Sephiroph as retaliator here despite being much weaker than Auron or Cloud due to being unable to equip Zantetsuken so I can better mage meta that boss (no lugging low use summons or meteor around) and have Sephiroph with Poison/Retaliate.

Carbuncle will largely cause the trash to kill itself. It's Fanatic's Tower, after all.

MicH

Okay, gave Holy Dragon another shot - this time with Venom Buster on board. S/L'ed until Venom Buster managed to poison it with the first shot and managed to master it with NO MEDALS LOST

It also helped that Sleep Buster put him asleep TWICE!
'
RNGesus was on my side this time. ALSO NEXT DUNGEON UPDATE HAS RED XIII MC! YESSS

Razmos

So lame. One of the only character specific RWs I have and I can't even use him.
I'm in the same boat, and it sucks because he finally has good Celerity and Thief abilities he can use as well. I'll probably still end up using him in the event, but it's gonna suck that he's stuck at level 50.

Anyway, I had some stamina to kill so I went in the heroic daily for the first time in forever. 4 runs and I didn't get any 4* orbs, that's totally worth fighting enemies that deal around 2000 damage in a single attack and have AoE spells, yeah. Now I remember why I don't care about dailies.

Razmos

Just did the Barthandelus fight in the FFXIII classics. I'm not even sure how I won, I was just rocking out to Fighting Fate and occasionally tapping the screen, such an amazing battle theme.

"Your kind feared the darkness, so we gave you light.
You begged us for the Purge. and did it not come to pass?
Now you spurn our counsel? You must learn your place"

Still one of my favourite Final Fantasy moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom