• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
You're still likely to need mitigation SBs for battles that need them, usually with no trash prior. Even the RM that gives you a free SB charge only goes so far.

You're still likely to need mitigation SBs for battles that need them, usually with no trash prior. Even the RM that gives you a free SB charge only goes so far.
Good point.
Nope the half price applies to mythril pulls as well, that's why I spent all yesterday farming mythril, hehe.
Ohhhh shit. I feel like I'm riding a rollercoster here lol. At 25 mythril, screw it, I'm back in.
edit: And I just realized that Falk already answered this before I'd even asked on the last page. Whoops.

Nohar

Frankly, I'm just glad to be able to get rid of my 94 5* Scarletites and Adamantites. I do hope to get an useful relic, but the gacha loves to troll me.
It will be interesting to welcome the new Tyrfing wielders.

And in any case, I will be able to level up all those core classes and some useful characters who aren't high level yet (such as Ashe, Vaan and Zack).

Road

If the half-price banners appear this week, then that's where your mythril should go. That's likely to be a very rare opportunity.

On the other hand, while orb dungeon is nice, you can still farm it plenty even without refreshes. Also, right after, we'll have the new ex daily difficulty that has 4* drop rate just a little worse than orb dungeon (but without the gil and exp)

Stamina per 4* orb:

Orb dungeon (we're likely getting today): 44.5
EX daily (after orb dungeon): 46.8

2nd orb dungeon (months in the future): 27.3
EX+ daily (after 2nd orb dungeon): 30.9

aAWXNXp.png

Official datamined banner.

Guessing FoG is just a catchall phrase.

This banner is just as misleading as the relic draw banners, as in chasing 5* orbs is going to lead to just as much disappointment as chasing one relic. =P

The real achievable goal of the festival are 4* orbs. Be happy with them.

Falk

that puzzling face
This banner is just as misleading as the relic draw banners, as in chasing 5* orbs is going to lead to just as much disappointment as chasing one relic. =P

The real achievable goal of the festival are 4* orbs. Be happy with them.

Pretty much, yes. Even when you're planning on dumping ~40 Mythril in per phase, it works out to about maybe 10-14 Major orbs, and they aren't even guaranteed to be the school you want.

On the other hand that's about ~140 4* orbs.

(This is counting natural stam accumulation too, discounting stam spent on events on the interim)

Err is the white dragon good for farming? I killed it several times and drop nothing.

Ice dragon? I've been doing both dragons just to burn stam. First has dropped 3* summon and 4* black for me, Second dropped a 3* summon. I just wanted more gil because I'm a hoarder I guess lol 60k per 40 stam why not

elty

I have like 830K gil all from Beatrix.

Is there a comparison for the normalized greater orb rate (i.e. 5* = 10x4* and 3* = 0.1 4*) among all the heroic, EX and EX+ daily?

Vorpal

What way are people spending Mythril during the orb fest? I've 110 at the moment and intend burning most if not all of it. Valefor x2 or Valefor + Manduin (Need to make a decision soon) being the main objective but don't want to neglect the rest too much.

Yep, 115 mythril here. My primary goal is to play catch-up with my -aja hones since I've slacked on those pretty badly. If nothing changes and Phase 1 is going to be Black/Lightning/Dark orbs, I'll spend a lot of time and mythril there. I'll also dump mythril into Phase 3 (Summon/Fire/Ice), but Phase 4 (Power/Non-Elemental/Wind) has all the orbs for melee abilities so... !

Otherwise I just want all of the exp ever

Wazzy

Banned
I'm planning to grind the shit out of this so that I'm rolling in gil. I was shocked I even managed to go broke the last time so I'm making sure to save up a lot.

Edit: Is there a special SB banner for this to pull on? I might consider a couple pulls for VIII gear.

Falk

that puzzling face
Added a bunch of my go-to spreadsheets to OP. Lemme know if there's any others that are commonly referenced in questions.

edit: There's a lucky pull thingoo (see prev page) but it's RS-agnostic so you have just as much chance to pull VIII stuff as any other realm. Probably best to wait for Zell event if you want VIII loot. That being said it's still hard to argue against pulling on the special banner if it really is going live, for reasons mentioned (again on prev page)

Wazzy

Banned
Added a bunch of my go-to spreadsheets to OP. Lemme know if there's any others that are commonly referenced in questions.

edit: There's a lucky pull thingoo (see prev page) but it's RS-agnostic so you have just as much chance to pull VIII stuff as any other realm. Probably best to wait for Zell event if you want VIII loot. That being said it's still hard to argue against pulling on the special banner if it really is going live, for reasons mentioned (again on prev page)

Ahhh alright I'll probs do a couple small pulls and then hold off. I've come this far with my mythril hoarding so might as well keep it up. I'll get that Squall gunblade. ; ;

Falk

that puzzling face
I -think- it's 11 pull or nothing. And you only get to pull once and then you're locked out for that phase. So 25 Mythril or nothing.

This is going off the template that Japan had for theirs a month ago. No idea if it's identical (sans the 5 month difference in loot in the banner obviously)

Wazzy

Banned
Hmmm I'll wait until you guys do some pulls to see how it works. 25 mythril really isn't that bad so I don't mind spending it since I'm sure I can make it up by the time Seifer/Zell rolls around.

But just to make sure, is Zell his own event or is he combined with Seifer? I thought he was originally his own event but then he was released in classic dungeons so now I don't know.

Falk

that puzzling face

Nope on the former - it's bloated, and often (subjectively) wrong. Totally on me for creating the OP, but I'm not adding that

Good call on the latter.

Hmmm I'll wait until you guys do some pulls to see how it works. 25 mythril really isn't that bad so I don't mind spending it since I'm sure I can make it up by the time Seifer/Zell rolls around.

But just to make sure, is Zell his own event or is he combined with Seifer? I thought he was originally his own event but then he was released in classic dungeons so now I don't know.

Technically it's Squall's MC2 event, (so he gets his SSB) but you
1) recruit Seifer and Zell as well plus their first MC
2) Zell's 5* weapon appears
3) 3 of the other FFVIII cast can be recruited via bonus battles.

edit: Squall's SSB and Zell's 5* are on different banners rofl

rip wazzy

edit2: what am i saying you'll just pull multiple copies of everything anyway

Wazzy

Banned
Nope on the former - it's bloated, and often (subjectively) wrong. Totally on me for creating the OP, but I'm not adding that

Good call on the latter.

Technically it's Squall's MC2 event, (so he gets his SSB) but you
1) recruit Seifer and Zell as well plus their first MC
2) Zell's 5* weapon appears
3) 3 of the other FFVIII cast can be recruited via bonus battles.

edit: Squall's SSB and Zell's 5* are on different banners rofl

rip wazzy

edit2: what am i saying you'll just pull multiple copies of everything anyway
LOL

But now I can't get them all at once D:

I went in sloppy for every Bonus Battle and made it out.

Dragons battle setup was a comedy of errors.

Decided to take Luneth with Fira Blade and Bizzaga Blade because why not?

He was doing 8500 a hit, but not having Slow and/or Magic Break/down was probably a mistake.

I took Mental Breakdown, but even off mages were doing 9000+ with 3★ spells.

I also manually equipped my new Mystery Veil yelling at my iPad "WHY NOT AUTO EQUIP THIS?" well after I finish I realized I didn't level it up.

Oh, and I put it on my healer.

Razmos

Honestly, I don't think that it is a big deal. Most of the future relics make the ones we've had so far obsolete.
Yeah, and then by the time those come out here we'll be holding off on those because there will be relics out in Japan that make THOSE obsolete.

That's silly thinking.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There's only so far the power inflation can go; Japan is only maybe 4-6 months or so away from completing all the main series content. I assume if the game is still popular that they'll artificially stretch it out over time, but it's not like these F2P event-driven games are actually designed to go on in perpetuity.

Falk

that puzzling face
Depends on the strength of the branding and how much of a cash cow it continues to be.

My predictions, from what I'm pretty sure of, to the most banal, on how to stretch FFRK out:

-6* equipment (the character's ultimate weapons, etc. Yeah, I think we're gonna have a bunch of Ultima Weapon [insert realm here])

-Storylines for the core games wrap up

-6* abilities become easier to farm

-Memory Crystal 3, characters that get this break the 9999 limit, up to 99999

-Side games start (FFT, FFX-2, Crisis Core, TAY, etc) and are absurdly difficult to begin with. Maybe characters like Cecil, Zack, Yuna, Lightning, etc. have unlockable costumes that change their RS to these new realms. Dr Mog says "we've finally restored the records, but although we solved half the mystery, we need to go deeper" yadda yadda yadda. But since this either applies to -some- Realm Synergies, or more likely their own (with some equipment retroactively being changed e.g. Zack's sword), it leads us to:

-Difficulty above Elite is introduced for History dungeons (paintings). Ties in to the 12 storyline bosses and Tyro's main story (Perhaps they're sequentially unlocked by the number of the 12 storyline bosses you kill. So it takes 1 year minimum to 'beat' the game if the rotation for the storyline bosses don't change). Goes up to ~190 in level. Even the first few e.g. Mako Reactor 7, Zanarkand, etc are absurdly difficult anyway till at least r3 in a few 6* abilities.

-Events system revamp, because it's become a bloated mess of more and more tacked-on tiers of difficulty plus needing to cram in way too many characters and their MCs and all that jazz into the current Challenge event format. Again, can tie into Tyro's story.

There's many ways for FFRK to stretch comfortably to the 3 year mark. I mean, the 12 bosses alone already guarantees content for the next 11 months, although how meaningful progression/difficulty for those will be remains to be seen (I don't know if having them all at the same 'tier', or making them increasingly more difficult is a better choice because both have their downsides)

edit: For reference PAD is 3 years 8 months and going strong. The mudflation slowed down but is still significant over the past few months.

edit: Or just as likely, after a certain point, you beat Tyro's story, DeNA are all "Thanks for playing!" and events just go on a rotation for perpetuity with the same gear/characters rotating in and out just for the stragglers to "beat the game", then they start fresh with another Final Fantasy mobile game, with a clean slate so they don't make the same design mistakes, and start it all over again. (I mean, if World of Final Fantasy can do it with the world of Grimoire, why not?) And have Cloud be the first character you recruit because Cloud.

B.K.

Honestly, I don't think that it is a big deal. Most of the future relics make the ones we've had so far obsolete.

It's still worth it to be to do at least one pull. I've only got a couple natural 5* weapons. Most of my 5* draws have been armor. I've got a lot of fake 5* stuff, but I could really use some real ones.

Razmos

Got Aerith's guard stick from the Lucky Draw, woop woop

Considering how little VII synergy I have, this + the gold sword from the log in bonuses is just fantastic already.

Road

Lucky draw is here. I'll miss you, my 212 mythril.

Great time for beginners, btw, if anyone is lurking wondering about trying the game.

Falk

that puzzling face
PSA: Put your AOE guys at the top, levelling goobers at the bottom, set your skip order accordingly.

Thank me later for this Captain Obvious tip.

elty

3 5*
Cecil's Shield
Fran's bow
Edward's harp

uhhh..... kind of suck. Cecil shield is probably the worst character relic being a freaking SHIELD and a 3* knight ability. I would rather have noble sacrifice, as long Tyro can use it as a retaliator weapon.

Alright!

Binding rod vanille
Morning star, selphie
Revolver squall

Four 4 stars, two of which are now 4++, the other two are already maxed.

Not exactly what I wanted, as I have a reta weapon for viii and a rod for xiii, but hey, three new sb weapons to make characters, other than vanille, more useful.

Yoooooo. I was going to pull for that keepsake ribbon next time it came up. I now also get to join the group of people pining for Red XIII's memory crystal.

Already have two 5* VII swords and we're likely going to get another one as a login bonus if Japan is anything to go by, so that VII-CC sword is a bit overkill, but whatever, I'll take it.

Don't care much about having Cyan's relic specifically, but given how uncommon Katanas are, I'm happy to get a 5* one for the few Katana users in the game.

4++ Crystal Sword (VI) now too. The amount of FFVI and FFVII synergy I have is absurd.

3 5*
Cecil's Shield
Fran's bow
Edward's harp

uhhh..... kind of suck
Protect + Heavy regen is nothing to scoff at. He'd make a great support with that. And as a Wakka ball owner, I think Fran's soul break is actually very useful for mixed phys/mag party setups. It stacks with Armor/Mental breakdown and using it with a hastega'd party leads to some pretty big damage output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom