• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Dissidia event is going to be the first time Ill use my A team in a long time. Except Yshtola All the characters I used to clear U and U+ battles before Cid Missions where with main characters.

Have Cloud and Zidane Bursts, Ramza and Bartz SSB, so yeah, its going to be a walk...

As an avid XI player, I was keen to get Shantotto; Y'shtola's Medica II further tempted me while Cloud's Climhazzard (I have managed to never get a Cloud SB - not even Braver) and Bartz's Burst were enough to get me to throw 50 mythril at it.

As a day one player this is not only my first Burst, but its also my first SB for a spellblade capable character, which will provide me some MUCH needed burst damage for Ult/Ult+ with elemental weaknesses.

Yea that's what I thought one of the reason was. Played XI for 8 years, a few XI characters would totally make me pull. Too bad there is so few, can't wait for Ayame, can't believe Prishe still isn't there.

greyshark

I usually do the U+ with the best team I can muster for fun. It only costs one stamina and ten minutes.

My issue with that is that my A Team can destroy all current content and has been able to for months. I'd already been handicapping myself to make the U+ fights more interesting, but like Falk the CM concept is starting to get stale with me.

I hope the U++ fights offer something new because as it stands the current mechanics aren't as fun anymore.

Thanks to this orbfest I was finally able to get a bunch of characters to 65 and even some to 80. I used two of the last three MC2 crystals I had on Palom and Relm to get more XP up materia. And thanks to that and to finally having enough orbs to make some 4-star abilities other than breakdowns, I'm finally able to progress a little further in these events. Beat all of the red stages for the first time. Are those "ultimate" and purple is "ultimate+"?

Xetherion

I liked the CM that were solo missions or use a party of 3 or use specific characters in your party. When every CM is just use RS heroes, yeah it gets stale. Though I still think it's less stale than using the same A team for everything.

Kain

I was checking the RS for this event and oh man am I going to destroy these poor poor bosses: Pcecil's burst, Zidane's SSb, Ramza's HoS, some crappy SBs for Vaan and Bartz... I'm thinking on going full commando and no healing lol

This Dissidia event is interesting because it's different. Love not bothering with trash mobs. I did an 11-pull and got a 7* Thief Bracer (you do the math) and Tidus' shield, which is fine by me.

By the way, there's no way to sort inventory by Soul Break status, is there? I really, really wish we could sort things more easily.

After refreshing 14 times + normal stamina, I got 6 MBO, 9 MWiO and 11 MPO (not counting Greater Orbs conversion). I keep getting the Major Orb I want the most in last place... Let's see what today will bring!

Also leveling my last set of named characters to 65, Joseph, Ricard and Gordon. After that, it's the next 4 Cores who are getting a MC2 (bleh...). One per Dungeon Update, in order: Bard, Black Mage, White Mage, Gladiator.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I wish there was a display option that showed you what accessories do. Searching for one that, for example, resists a particular element is really annoying if you don't know off the top of your head.

I'm wrapping up my levels with the power team of papalympo, seltzer, krile, shantoto and Freya who is capped but trying to get her rm to drop. All in their low 70s but I'm trying not to burn more mythril this round. I capped the cores earlier, did not want them all bunched up.

Pro tip- if you are running two bmages, use awakening for one and inflame for the second for auto-fire Magic. I have a fire+ bangle, so getting ohk damage out of the Mage.

Keeper's Choice Vol.1 is available. List of relics to pick from is same as JP (I think):
  • Dancing Dagger (II)
  • Holy Wand (III)
  • White Dress (IV)
  • Aevis Killer (V)
  • Rising Sun (VI)
  • Diamond Pin (VII)
  • Rising Sun (VIII)
  • Asura's Rod (IX)
  • Lullaby Rod (X)
  • Demonsbane (XII)
  • Wyrmfang (XIII)
  • Yoshimitsu (XIV)
  • Grand Armor (FFT)

Interested by Grand Armor but I have Shout, will need to read how viable of a combo it is.

Falk

that puzzling face
This is kinda what Beginner's Pick should have been. Ability to grab a medica if you didn't have one at the time. D:

Keeper's Choice Vol.1 is available. List of relics to pick from is same as JP (I think):
  • Dancing Dagger (II)
  • Holy Wand (III)
  • White Dress (IV)
  • Aevis Killer (V)
  • Rising Sun (VI)
  • Diamond Pin (VII)
  • Rising Sun (VIII)
  • Asura's Rod (IX)
  • Lullaby Rod (X)
  • Demonsbane (XII)
  • Wyrmfang (XIII)
  • Yoshimitsu (XIV)
  • Grand Armor (FFT)

Interested by Grand Armor but I have Shout, will need to read how viable of a combo it is.

Underwhelming for me

I have Holy wand, Rosas ssb, another bow for faris, lullaby rod, wyrmfang,yoshimitsu, and grand armor+

Tempted only for the asura rod, since her default sb is garbage irrc and its holy damage up as well as a grand armor to get the blue and inevitable yellow for vanity reasons.

Gatcha is more appealing, only have Leon's defender, but that is the path to ruin.

Falk

that puzzling face
"ifrit is easy just equip your mage weapon and use rinoa bssb friend summon"

r3x4enrl.jpg

vlxat2S.png

• Rising Sun (VIII)

im saved

Kenai

I almost want to get the Diamond Pin out of principle but I have his Rainbow one. My pick should probably be from 2, 3 or 12 as I have either good synergy or a better SB for said character everywhere else.

I guess Rosa's or Yuna's wouldn't be terrible either though since I don't have anything for Rosa and Yuna's is her attack Dragon SB which isn't too useful if I want her to WHM. . Hmmm... choices.

Definitely going to snag the XIV dagger since I gots nothing there.

This looks like it'll be up for a long time, huh. No rush I suppose.

I wonder if it'll be worth it to pull all five times eventually, make a 5★++ or two.

greyshark

This banner's a pass for me - the gacha has a couple nice weapons but not enough to spend 50 mythril on. The selection after is pretty underwhelming.

I have SG and Tyro's Burst and have been keeping him as a staple of my A-Team in the support role. I'm thinking of grabbing Ramza's medica and then moving Tyro to WM duty. SSB DPS, SSB DPS, SSB DPS, Ramza Support, Tyro WM. Would Tyro's MND be too low to do that?

I have SG and Tyro's Burst and have been keeping him as a staple of my A-Team in the support role. I'm thinking of grabbing Ramza's medica and then moving Tyro to WM duty. SSB DPS, SSB DPS, SSB DPS, Ramza Support, Tyro WM. Would Tyro's MND be too low to do that?

It would come down to what mind stat sticks you have for each realm

MrDaravon

Hmmm, I might pull on this banner after orbfest depending, will have to look at upcoming stuff etc. I've already got the FF9 Asura Rod, FF10 Lullaby Rod, and FF14 Yoshitmitsu but nothing else. None of the other Medicas in the freebie list are Curagas correct? I'm drowning in Cura Medicas already but have no Curaga ones.

My only native Hastega is Kefka's Cloak which isn't an ideal pick for a lot of reasons, so thinking maybe the FF2 dagger or FF7 Diamond Pin; I also already have the Rainbow Comb for Red XIII so I'm not sure if that makes picking up the Diamond Pin better or worse. My synergy in most realms isn't great, but especially 2-5 so Rosa's White Dress or Faris' Aevis Killer also are appealing. Still leaning towards the FF2 dagger for sure since I thiiiink I have zero FF2 synergy (would need to double check but I don't think I have anything there) and it's a Hastega.

I really really want an excuse to use Ramza since I love FFT and I have none of his relics, but practically speaking not sure the Grand Armor makes sense, at least in my case. It's obviously not terrible, but not sure I can justify it.

Edit: Unrelated, but my completely fucked work schedule has completely me on refreshes this orbfest phase (I can't play at work). Like, I literally don't have enough time between work and sleep to do the number of refreshes I want. I was hoping to get in like 75 refreshes on this phase, and I've only been able to get in about 30 or so. It's an odd problem to have, but I guess that at least leaves me more mythril after orbfest is over if anything? I wanted to get everyone capped by the end of this orbfest but I don't think it's gonna happen solely because of time :(

B.K.

I wanted to get everyone capped by the end of this orbfest but I don't think it's gonna happen solely because of time :(

That was my plan. There's no way it's happening though. I still have about 45 characters around level 50. I wanted to try to get everyone to at least 65. It's taking way too long doing only two at a time, with the time I have to play.

Adeptrain

So... I just restarted playing this after quitting earlier in the year and discovered that FFT was released and that Ramza was available!! Is there anyway for a late Comer to get Ramza and his platinum sword? Thx.

c-murph

• Dancing Dagger (II)
  • Holy Wand (III)
  • White Dress (IV)
  • Aevis Killer (V)
  • Rising Sun (VI)
  • Diamond Pin (VII)
  • Rising Sun (VIII)
  • Asura's Rod (IX)
  • Lullaby Rod (X)
  • Demonsbane (XII)
  • Wyrmfang (XIII)
  • Yoshimitsu (XIV)
  • Grand Armor (FFT)

Vol. 1 huh?!

Hopefiully, one of these volumes has SG for me to choose.

Might pull for the Grand Armor? I have 200 mythril I was saving to get Ramza a new Sword. But if I pull I'll get me my fourth 7* item... choices. choices.

Balphon

So... I just restarted playing this after quitting earlier in the year and discovered that FFT was released and that Ramza was available!! Is there anyway for a late Comer to get Ramza and his platinum sword? Thx.

There's another FFT event starting next Thursday, Platinum Sword is on one of the banners. Ramza is available in Hall of Rites right now.

Vol. 1 huh?!

Hopefiully, one of these volumes has SG for me to choose.

Might pull for the Grand Armor? I have 200 mythril I was saving to get Ramza a new Sword. But if I pull I'll get me my fourth 7* item... choices. choices.
Well, Vol. 2 has SG and Shout. Neither is part of the Keeper's selection though.

Pulled a Peacemaker and Fairy Flute. Already have a peacemaker, but at least I'll have a 5*+ gun now. Re-raise kind of isn't great in this game, but I won't argue with having another medica. I think I'm going to pick the Grand Armor from the list, although I'm not entirely sure yet as to how I'll make it work together with Shout.

Razmos

So how long is the Tyro banner there for?

I need to save up for a pull so I can get another Asura's Rod for Garnet, I already have it at 6* and the holy boost makes it fantastic for autoing with a white mage in my party. Would love to make it 8*

So how long is the Tyro banner there for?

I need to save up for a pull so I can get another Asura's Rod for Garnet, I already have it at 6* and the holy boost makes it fantastic for autoing with a white mage in my party. Would love to make it 8*
Its there until 07/31 of next year.

I caved and did a pull. 1/11 and got Organics. Just what I wanted and picked up Grand Armor for Ramza. He'll be ready for FFT event this Thursday.

c-murph

Well, Vol. 2 has SG and Shout. Neither is part of the Keeper's selection though.

Any word when we'll see it? Right after vol.1 ends?

Might have to hold off and save some Mythril for it.

Its there until 07/31 of next year.

I caved and did a pull. 1/11 and got Organics. Just what I wanted and picked up Grand Armor for Ramza. He'll be ready for FFT event this Thursday.

Next year?! Geeez, I thought it expired at the end of the month...

In JP they changed the date after 2 months or something and it was replaced by the next volume. I think that they wrote about changing date at anytime in the announcement. Anyway, they will leave us a few weeks after changing the date if it happens.

Anustart

How are those relics in the banner Super Soul Breaks? 3 hits and no added effect? What the junk... Not pulling on this.

Though decent for fresh fish. The original Beginner's Pull started a chain reaction getting me to where I am now.

• Dancing Dagger (II)
  • Holy Wand (III)
  • White Dress (IV)
  • Aevis Killer (V)
  • Rising Sun (VI)
  • Diamond Pin (VII)
  • Rising Sun (VIII)
  • Asura's Rod (IX)
  • Lullaby Rod (X)
  • Demonsbane (XII)
  • Wyrmfang (XIII)
  • Yoshimitsu (XIV)
  • Grand Armor (FFT)
II - My II synergy is surprisingly fire, but they're all swords (and an axe). But, she's a thief. So maybe?

III - I have two of these already, and as bad as I want a "blue" item finally, not sure it needs to be a rod/staff. So, probably no.

IV - My armor synergy here is p. low. But still an easy skip.

V - Now we're talking.

VI - Locke is my boy, but I already have his other throw. So skip?

VII - LOL. No.

VIII - I have her other throw as well, skip.

IX - NO GO AWAY. I already have ten mage items for IX.

X - I have mad medicas, go away. Why couldn't you be a ball?

XII - Hmm. Mage sword. Cute, but probably not a useful item.

XIII - I HAVE TOO MANY RODS AND STAVES ALREADY.

XIV - Yup, could just take three of these.

T - I have Shout so this would just be for synergy, no? Likely skip.

I'm stuck between Aevis Killer for its AOE debuff and ability to stack with other debuffs, Lullaby Rod for the heavy regen, Demonsbane since I have Edward's boostga but no MAG damage SBs, and Grand Armor because I've been denied it twice already before and it's a medica on a support class.

Yoshimitsu is also interesting since it's more potent and lasts longer than Armor Breakdown (-50% 25s vs -40% 15s) although of course damage-wise it's weaker than any SSBs I have on other characters. Was considering White Dress as well for a moment to free up that second WHM slot, but Heavy Regen from the Lullaby Rod is probably more useful than whatever I could slot into that.

I want Grand Armor an irrational amount, but I haven't been able to follow through with it yet since there are a number of items there that would likely be better options for me.

Really for me if I pull it'd be to get Wrmysbane for an offensive magic sword since I don't have one (I do have a Beatrix Mind Sword) or for the FF2 dagger since I don't have any offensive synergy in that realm. I don't see the value in wasting 50 mythril for situational stat sticks though.

Really for me if I pull it'd be to get Wrmysbane for an offensive magic sword since I don't have one (I do have a Beatrix Mind Sword) or for the FF2 dagger since I don't have any offensive synergy in that realm. I don't see the value in wasting 50 mythril for situational stat sticks though.
I went 0/11 on the Beginner's Banner and took a Tyrfing, which was beast-mode during the III event.

I mean, most/all of the banner relics are pretty good and if you can guarantee fill a hole, it's probably worth it.

I went 0/11 on the Beginner's Banner and took a Tyrfing, which was beast-mode during the III event.

I mean, most/all of the banner relics are pretty good and if you can guarantee fill a hole, it's probably worth it.

I took Tyrfing as well and got a great deal of use out of it, but there is a whopping 1 II and 1 XII event in the next 6 months and II is dead for new story content I'm pretty sure so that really limits pulling that knife and thanks to getting Vaan's BSSB my 12 synergy is pretty solid between 4++ and his knife.

There's no rush to pull on either I'll take a wait and see approach. I do realize there is a FFII synergy mote dungeon down the road which is a contender for pulling a 2 stat stick.

Balphon

How are those relics in the banner Super Soul Breaks? 3 hits and no added effect? What the junk... Not pulling on this.

Though decent for fresh fish. The original Beginner's Pull started a chain reaction getting me to where I am now.

Power creep? Blade beam was the first SSB released.

Kyari

I was hyped for the Keeper's Choice banner before it dropped. A selection of SSB on the actual banner that would have been great for me, I was assuming the free relic list would change as it always tends to....

But then I pulled Bartz's BSB and none of the relics on the list or the banner itself seem worth it to me personally.

I already have Tailwind and Lunatic High and plenty of alternatives for other stuff on the banner.

Yeah, if you're starting out and have access to hundreds of mythril via the story dungeons, ok, but if you're just filling synergy gaps then you're much better off just waiting for the next realm event and pulling there. The story dungeons present little challenge frankly and the events are pretty sparse for the majority of realms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom