• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming on March 17 2015. Download code for FFXV demo included

minty_jpg

Why does the demo have a fancy name? Why can't it just be called a demo?

It means every last tear so it's probably related to the story.

It's Square Enix though, you really shouldn't be surprised that they named a demo this. I still don't know what Dissidia means.

Slowdive

Banned
Isn't it more likely she was speaking about a type-0 trailer? (Or did she specify FFXV?)

She specified XV. Here are the tweets translated:

says she went to an event with an ff15 promotional movie assuming that's what PM is. I'm assuming the event was in English

cus she says she couldn't really understand what was said and she should go to English class lol

in her response she basically says the video she saw is private until revealed at TGS on the 18th

https://twitter.com/sqexgal

Why does the demo have a fancy name? Why can't it just be called a demo?

Its so much more.

This demo is the physical manifestation of the hopes and dreams FF fans have had for nearly a decade. Its proof that XV is a tangible thing. Its time for FF to emerge from the shadows of mediocrity and re-establish itself as one of the greatest jrpg series in gaming.

sn2r5Lw.png

I think this is even better.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It means every last tear so it's probably related to the story.

It's Square Enix though, you really shouldn't be surprised that they named a demo this. I still don't know what Dissidia means.
This is square.
Its so much more.

This demo is the physical manifestation of the hope and dreams FF fans have had for nearly a decade.

Its time for FF to emerge form the shadows of mediocrity and reestablish itself as one of the greatest jrpg series in gaming.
I just mean, why name it episode anything? It would've made sense if it were some kind prologue.

BrandonS

Banned
I realize I am a poo butt, but I really hope they do lip sync to the English dialogue for us. The way the lip sync lines up with the Japanese dialogue has been pretty rad I just hope they put in the extra lil' bit of effort
even if it means the games get delayed to 2019

Falk

that puzzling face
I realize I am a poo butt, but I really hope they do lip sync to the English dialogue for us. The way the lip sync lines up with the Japanese dialogue has been pretty rad I just hope they put in the extra lil' bit of effort

Eh, recent outings like Lightning Returns actually had different movie files for Visual Works CGI opening and ending to match the different lip sync. (This is a majority reason the Japanese dub DLC is like a bajillion GB since it includes the different cutscene files)

Wouldn't be worried about this at all.

I feel so bad for him. Does he actually believe the shit he says about Lightning?
How can a grown adult be that infatuated with such a shallow character :/

I wonder how he feels that the general consensus thinks lighting sucks and brought down FF brand? Things to ponder at night

I feel so bad for him. Does he actually believe the shit he says about Lightning?
How can a grown adult be that infatuated with such a shallow character :/

He probably is socially lacking and maybe never had a girlfriend. I know people have fun mocking him, but I see him as quite a sad man.

That won't stop me from critiquing his talent as a game designer, though. The guy does not make good games, no sir.

I doubt he is even bothered by it otherwise we wouldn't have gotten the 2 sequels to Lightning's adventure.
SE needed some games in the market ;P

"Grassland/Forest" and "Advanced area"? Maybe the same location shown off in the 2011 Trailer?

Hopefully that would be great to explore the area and such, I wonder how long this game will be? Hopefully there's a lot of sidequests and such

XJF

Lack of lip-syc was my main beef with the NA releases of AC and ACC.

BrandonS

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if FF15 is already done and they're just waiting for the right time to release it. English trailer and demo is pretty indicative of that IMO

XJF

Really? Mine was the horrible upressing of old scenes.

Didn't bother me as much as the unsynched dialogue. I have 4 copies of the film. Added scenes in ACC do look noticeably better, but they were made in HD. Did you expect Square to completely remake the film in HD? A bit unreasonable, imo.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Didn't bother me as much as the unsynched dialogue. I have 4 copies of the film. Added scenes in ACC do look noticeably better, but they were made in HD. Did you expect Square to completely remake the film in HD? A bit unreasonable, imo.

With the time they took I thought they would re-render it :(((((((((

XJF

With the time they took I thought they would re-render it :(((((((((
True, I do remember them delaying it. Originally announced to release late 2007, didn't hit JP until April of 2009. Typical Square lol

Was i ever noted if gameplay of Type-0 was at 30 or 60 fps?

Skilletor

Um...yes? That's pretty much the point of a bluray. It's why I never bought it.

Is it really that bad?

On Blu-ray.com they gave it a glowing review with zero mention of upressing.

It's not terrible but it's noticeably not HD. I haven't watched it in a while, but I think it had noticeable aliasing in spots, or something.

I wonder how he feels that the general consensus thinks lighting sucks and brought down FF brand? Things to ponder at night

Isn't she actually pretty popular in Japan? I seem to remember her ranking highly in some poll of Japan's favorite Final Fantasy characters. Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass?

Top Bottom