• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis launches on iOS and Android on September 7th.

Aenima

Enjoyed the little i played. Graphics are crazy good for mobile, they use a mix of FF7R models for the battles and cutscenes, and for moving around they use an upgraded version of how the classic FF7 looked like with pre rendered backgrounds and fixed camera. Story has a faster pace and the turn battle combat seems pretty solid with good mechanics.

Unfortunatly is a bit demanding game that requires a good phone or tablet to run well. My tablet managed to run it well but midway through the tutorial craches during a load screen and dont move forward even starting the app. Game on my phone that is more powerfull than my tablet stutters a bit even during cutscenes, but dosent crash, i just stoped playing cuz drains my phone battery and heat it up like crazy, so not gonna play it more.

I didnt reached the gacha part of the game, but from the info in the game seems like the gacha is only for weapons.

Last edited:

blackjon24

What a closed minded view. Software is all that matters. Platform is largely irrelevant. I’d be curious to see how you define “game”.
Is it really though? I'll admit at first I was going to try and argue his point but isn't he right? The mobile market just does not consistently release must play games like we get on console and pc. Most of it is complete trash with no value meant to drain you wallet.

The majority of the exception are console/pc games ported to mobile later. Quality games made with mobile in mind are a rare thing vs console/pc where it is consistent.

Is it really though? I'll admit at first I was going to try and argue his point but isn't he right? The mobile market just does not consistently release must play games like we get on console and pc. Most of it is complete trash with no value meant to drain you wallet.

The majority of the exception are console/pc games ported to mobile later. Quality games made with mobile in mind are a rare thing vs console/pc where it is consistent.
The assertion he made was that “anything on a phone is not a game”. I don’t find this to be a defensible position at all.

Many games are not good, but that’s not what the other poster was claiming. He’s claiming they aren’t games at all.

LordCBH

Meh. Can’t say I enjoy it. Also dislike how it’s yet another mobile title infested with fucking gatcha.

Comandr

Got as far as completing the tutorial mission. Being assaulted with the deluge of typical CLICK HERE UPGRADE YOUR GEAR GET A COOKIE UPGRADE MORE DO A QUEST HOW ABOUT YOU BUY SOMETHING? Also the very first thing the game has you do after the tutorial is learn how to gamble away your money. SE continues to find inventive ways to rape the legacy of its franchises.

Sleepwalker

Ran a little bit at ultra settings (recommended) looks gorgeous but im out, not really interested in this experience. Ill watch the content on youtube and call it a day.

Last edited:

E-Cat

What a closed minded view. Software is all that matters. Platform is largely irrelevant. I’d be curious to see how you define “game”.
Platform is not irrelevant when it has horrible touch-based, non-haptic controls that smear the very display through which you see the game. Also, platform in this case seems to encourage micro transactions and horrible UIs. I do admit it's a closed-minded, old man yells at cloud view

xrnzaaas

Did you expected a F2P game to not have any kind of monetization?
Judging by how many 1 scores it's got in the Google Store the monetization doesn't look player friendly. It's a shame that mobile gaming doesn't offer more paid games. I stopped trying to play mobile f2p games a long time ago, because sooner or later you'll see how predatory the game is and how the entire product was built around aggressive monetization.

lyan

Platform is not irrelevant when it has horrible touch-based, non-haptic controls that smear the very display through which you see the game. Also, platform in this case seems to encourage micro transactions and horrible UIs. I do admit it's a closed-minded, old man yells at cloud view
An exception is rhythm games where some of their core mechanics are only feasible with touch controls and microtransactions don't creep into the gameplay.

Aenima

Judging by how many 1 scores it's got in the Google Store the monetization doesn't look player friendly. It's a shame that mobile gaming doesn't offer more paid games. I stopped trying to play mobile f2p games a long time ago, because sooner or later you'll see how predatory the game is and how the entire product was built around aggressive monetization.
On my google store, game has a 4.5 rating which is pretty high overal rating. All 1 scores i find is just ppl complaining the game gives an error at some point or they cant play it (because game was available to preload 1 day before servers open). Some ppl still dont understand the concept of pre-loading and hammer games with 1 star reviews when they download the game and servers are still close.

I play F2P games for years, and the idea that you need to spend money to play or enjoy a F2P game is not acurate at all. I havent spend a cent in mobile games, and i finished a good amount of games (single player content). This games can be very predatory for players that suffer from FOMO and cant controll themselves by trying to get every character available or maxing out a character for pvp, etc. As long you dont go down that rabbit hole, modern F2P games have been very free 2 play friendly.

Last edited:

Aenima

Is there content in this game thats not in the ps5 remake and crisis core remaster?
Yes. I think right now at launch the story content is from FF7 (mix of original and Remake), Crisis Core and The First Soldier. But there will be more like Dirge of Cerberus , Advent Children, etc.

Only viable gaming on a phone is the prank call game.

Download it from TapTap or Qooapp. Google store say my tablet is not compatible with alot of games, and they work fine when i download them from one of these stores. The apps this stores have its the same one as the google store one.
Can anyone confirm this works? Tried taptap but theres no download option and i dont want the run-around from qooapp sign up

Aenima

Can anyone confirm this works? Tried taptap but theres no download option and i dont want the run-around from qooapp sign up
Yes, on my tablet i installed it from TapTap, but i have the taptap app installed. I dont think you can download a game APK directly from the site, need to have one of these apps installed.

Last edited:
eFrN5sq.png

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
That's new Nomura character art, yeah? First time we've gotten his style and the updated Remake designs together, I think?

K2D

Banned
Hate the lottery mechanics.

Hate the "Mission" structure.

Dislike the combat so far.

This has/had the potential of a game that I would pay full price for and recommend to others/gift to others..

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’m so dyslexic and dis focused that I always read the title as “FF vii Chris Evans” lol 😂

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Hate the lottery mechanics.

Hate the "Mission" structure.

Dislike the combat so far.

This has/had the potential of a game that I would pay full price for and recommend to others/gift to others..

Yep. Its a massive disappointment. Squeenix has shown they can do half decent mobile games, but they just turned this into another form of their endless Gacha garbage. Insulting, really.

BootsLoader

Banned
It would be nice if they would ditch micro transactions and just put a price tag on this game, actually make it a decent game. Now it is just pieces of stories scattered here and there.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
sighhh..It's annoys me in 2023 games dont have english voices and only japanese (one piece rpg game im looking at you)

It's probably a good business move for them, honestly. Paired with the amount of work the voice directors and actors are probably under with Rebirth/Part 3 and the poor performance of The First SOLDIER, they probably didn't want to run the risk of spending all the time and money for a product that they aren't sure of the success of.

Granted, conversely, that could also send a negative message to consumers who go on to think that Square is being either cheap, lazy, have no faith in their product.

Could be anything, I'm not an employee, but subtitles are a normal thing for me, even if the voice track is English. Hearing and reading something simultaneously does about a 63% improvement to my ability to retain the knowledge.

Top Bottom