• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis launches on iOS and Android on September 7th.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Release Date Announcement! FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS will be officially released on iOS and Android on September 7 2023! Don't forget to pre-register now!​

F3JD3aSbIAAAyVb

Aenima

Wonder is my shitty tablet can run this. It can run Nikke, all that giggle physics, so better handle spiky hair too.

KXVXII9X

Sadly, this isn't worth getting excited over. It would be better just buying Final Fantasy 7 on mobile.

Deft Beck

There's a lot of FF7 compilation story content here available for English for the first time. Unfortunately, it's stuck in a gacha game.

nikos

Really looking forward to this. I just hope the currency/upgrade systems aren't too convoluted and difficult to understand. Some mobile games are horrible with that, others manageable.

Pepsi-Man on the PS1 has more unironic value then every "Free to Play" mobile game combined...

Give me a COMPLETELY paid, REAL mobile game, for the love of Aphrodite... Why is this so hard to do? Just make a real game. That you pay for, and enjoy.

Even though it's just another game milking Final Fantasy 7. When there are other FF games they could be exploring...

Aenima

Pepsi-Man on the PS1 has more unironic value then every "Free to Play" mobile game combined...

Give me a COMPLETELY paid, REAL mobile game, for the love of Aphrodite... Why is this so hard to do? Just make a real game. That you pay for, and enjoy.

Even though it's just another game milking Final Fantasy 7. When there are other FF games they could be exploring...
Square is pretty good with they mobile gacha games. Played Octopath, Nier Reincarnation and a few other FF strategy games, and they all felt like you could ignore the gacha and just enjoy the story and progress with the stuff you get.

Last edited:

There was a time where I didn’t have access to any of my consoles, so I downloaded FF Brave Exvius and played it regularly for months. I never spent a cent and I got through story content just fine. Even for some of the optional content that’s WAY too tough for my characters, the game allows you to borrow a unit from some rando and that helped me out many times.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I swear someone wished on a monkey’s paw.

“I want a Final Fantasy VII remake”: S-E releases a game called Final Fantasy VII Remake that isn’t actually a remake

“No, I want a true remake of the original Final Fantasy VII and include stuff from the spin-offs too”: S-E makes it but it’s a mobile F2P episodic gacha game

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
App isn't compatible with my Pixel 7 Pro. Oh well.

mortal

Gold Member
Don't have much interest in mobile gaming, so I hope they make proper PC & console ports at some point.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Don't have much interest in mobile gaming, so I hope they make proper PC & console ports at some point.
I guess they did for Mobius Final Fantasy, but it wasn't received well on PC because the heart of the game was still pure mobile gashapon trash, just like this one.

mortal

Gold Member
I guess they did for Mobius Final Fantasy, but it wasn't received well on PC because the heart of the game was still pure mobile gashapon trash, just like this one.
No doubt, this would be the last thing I want from a port. That design just doesn't translate all that well to other platforms imo.

blackjon24

Will give this a try since it is free but it is weird seeing people excited for this game. How do people forget how predatory squares ftp games are and also how quickly they shut it down if it under performs.

Will give this a try since it is free but it is weird seeing people excited for this game. How do people forget how predatory squares ftp games are and also how quickly they shut it down if it under performs.
they are going to use it to market it with Rebirth and 3rd one to get more money out of us

Synless

Fuck it, I’m excited. Got an alert when I woke up this morning that it preloaded and I’m ready.

Comandr

jlywRLi.jpg

Fuck this game and everyone responsible for it or playing it

Mobile gaming truly is a cancer
Imagine having a legendary game like Final Fantasy VII in your back pocket and then over the course of nearly three decades find various ways to exploit it and squeeze every fucking fan for every dollar that you can get out of them without giving them what they actually want.

I stand by OG FF7 with mods is probably the closest thing that we are going to get to a true remake that isn't fucked up with micro transactions and all the other extended universe crap that no one ever asked for.

Minsc

Gold Member
Did you expected a F2P game to not have any kind of monetization?

Yeah, F2P games work like this:

-Pay lots of money, strengthen your characters to the point the game is trivial
^Why would you do that, congratulations you've successfully finished the game by spending all your money, now you can delete it.

-Pay LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of money, win at multiplayer (I mean a shit-fuck-ton, like $10,000s or more)
^Again pretty pointless and a sign of a big problem most likely

-Pay lots and lots of money to obtain all the FOMO content
^People who have no control get trapped here as well

-Pay nothing, grind the shit of out them (like hours and hours a day) get everything for free instead of paying
^I guess you have nothing better to do with your time, or it's one of your first F2P games

-Pay nothing, play a little here and there
^Pretty harmless imo

-Pay for some monthly/VIP pass once or twice or get the new player deal ($5-$20 total spend), and play a little here or there
^Pretty harmless imo - the time/$ you put in will probably compare to a normal AAA game

Ozzie666

Coming to a PC or console near you got $70 and microtransactions. Hard pass on this as much as I like the FF7 universe. Keep this shit on mobile and stop bleeding into retail price games. Now can I see the entire game and story content, without spending a dime? withour caring about character strength level?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The dumpster fire that are the in-app purchases. I can’t imagine being part of this development team and following along with their money stealing strategies. Sakaguchi gave them the games they’ll milk for next 20+ years.

And just like every other mobile game I've tried, I'm instantly overwhelmed about the amount of nonsense on the main screen. Why can't they just make this shit simple.

blackjon24

And just like every other mobile game I've tried, I'm instantly overwhelmed about the amount of nonsense on the main screen. Why can't they just make this shit simple.
F2p gatcha game 101, has to be as convoluted as possible. I only did the intro chapter but i am already ready to bounce off. There are much better ways to experience ff7 story.

Was going to at least check out that first soldier story since it would be new but they want me to experience more of that bastardized version of ff7 first

It's a gacha game alright. I'll play it for now but I ain't spending a dime. Square Enix gets enough of my money every time I resub to XIV

In my experience Square has been fairly generous in their F2p offerings so far. Have no problem with this being a gacha game. As long as main content can be cleared f2p I don’t see a problem.

Top Bottom