• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII PC re-release. SE Store Exclusive - Out now, Internet required

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck Sephiroth.

That is all.

Yeah, see, my first playthrough was on the original PC version, which sounds exactly like what you're describing. I played through again on PS1 because of the music, and then again on PSN just because I'm a big fan. I just find it so hard to believe that the music is actually worse this time around that the original PC MIDI soundtrack. At least it's moddable.

Ah misread your post, only saw the PS1 listed. Yeah I'd say you should skip it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yes, the mods made a huge difference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbexquxkt6Y

But as far as I'm aware, the old mods are not compatible with this version.
I'm sure someone will fix that up.

The mods were pretty cool to use. Breaking the HP/MP limit, adding the hi-res patch, etc. The only thing I don't really like about the character model replacement patch is that the models don't fit in with the environments sometimes as the environments were scaled for the smaller Popeye character models. There are a few font/translation patches too.

I didn't use the Advent Children character portrait one because I prefer the FFVII ones.

Yoshichan said:
Fuck Sephiroth.

That is all.
Poor Yoshichan. :/

Yeah I have a problem. I'm taking a break from work and want to check out whats up with FF7 pc. Not read about you pretending to play this for the first time.

Why not read the impressions he has been posting throughout the entire thread. He's having fun, so who cares?

Edit: This is actually one of the rudest posts I have read on gaf ever lol

Wilsongt

Yeah I have a problem. I'm taking a break from work and want to check out whats up with FF7 pc. Not read about you pretending to play this for the first time.

Are you jelly that you can't go back and re-experience FFVII for the first time?

I am kinda jealous that I can't go back and play it and experience what everyone else did their first time, apparently. By the time I actually played the game, I was already annoyed and jaded by it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This isn't my first time, guys... this is about reliving the story.

Also, junior, I'm not "pretending" anything. We are experiencing the greatest game of all time fold up. And just like a good movie or book, it can be rewatched multiple times and still have the same affect.

So relax, close your mouth, play the game and start reliving.

Yoshichan

Normally I would've taken a lot of pictures of the scene and uploaded them on here... but I'm not going to do that, it pains me to go back and look at the pictures :_:

The start of Disc 2 is probably my favorite opening in video game history. The world is drenched with such fierce atmosphere, I can seriously feel it.

I can't believe I never noticed the couple committing suicide at the train station. They swallowed poison and just fell to the ground choking. Midgar is such a depressing place.

How many different accounts do I need to play this game? The account I made on SE's website to buy the game isn't working to play this game. When I try and sign up for whatever else they want me to sign up for, the name I want to use is taken...probably by me.

hlhbk

I have never play for more than 10 hours in FFVII. Is this the version to get or should I try to get the origional version and mod it to get the best experience?

antitrop

How many different accounts do I need to play this game? The account I made on SE's website to buy the game isn't working to play this game. When I try and sign up for whatever else they want me to sign up for, the name I want to use is taken...probably by me.
I'll echo that, I can't keep my Square Enix profiles straight at all. It's a huge tangled mess.

Skip his posts and let the rest of us enjoy them. I think it's cool watching his progress through this amazing game. Since I am playing it too, it's neat to see how far ahead he is.

antitrop

Required internet? DLC "booster packs"? Tied to a new store?

What a strange way to modernize a classic game.
There is no DLC. All you have to do to boost all your characters up to max stats is go to your SE profile page and click a few buttons.

That was just speculation when the game was announced, but not the case.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Don't worry. There's a secret trick
to bring her back, but it only works if you went on a date with her at Gold Saucer
FFVII resurrection rumors .. 15th Anniversary Edition.

And where's my Lara nude code, while we're at it?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
That sounded too good to be true, lol.
I kind of envy those people somewhere who will experience that for the first time.

Well I'm about to whenever the thing changes my Member_21u958u345325345346sdfsejfsdo thing to my actual square ID. Someone posted about it messing up your saves if you don't wait till it processes it.

antitrop

Well I'm about to whenever the thing changes my Member_21u958u345325345346sdfsejfsdo thing to my actual square ID. Someone posted about it messing up your saves if you don't wait till it processes it.
Mine won't change from that at all, but I haven't had my saves deleted yet.

Yoshichan

Icicle Inn... beautiful as always ♥

Robin64

I can't be the only one who finds it amusing that people seem to get annoyed the internet is required to activate a game that you just downloaded from the internet.

Grinding is fun. Oddly. But I wish it had the fast-forward feature that Pokemon had in Pokemon Stadium. Given it has a character booster, I don't think that's an odd thing to ask.

Well, saves are stored locally so it shouldn't mess with those. Those are stored in Documents/Square Enix/Final Fantasy VII/user_<number>

I wonder if it works with a save editor like Black Chocobo.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I can't be the only one who finds it amusing that people seem to get annoyed the internet is required to activate a game that you just downloaded from the internet.

Well, it led to some problems yesterday when the US servers weren't functioning properly, but most people just assume you have to be always online to play the game (like Diablo 3).

Okay, after a bunch of testing, I got the PSX music to play through the entire intro bomb run, which would always crash before. The problem was the lack of the "LOOPSTART" Meta Tag in some files.

ob.ogg plays both in the very beginning when you get off the train and during the first boss (and the timed sequence afterwards.) Whenever it reached the end of its loop, the music crashed. I tested this by timing the loop against the length of the file. Once "LOOPSTART: 0" is inserted, the problem disappears. Some songs have LOOPSTARTs other than 0, but for those that didn't, it was probably assumed that it would just default to 0.

So here's the -Fixed- FF7 Fixed Music: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22130809/Fixed+FF7+Fixed+Music.zip
All songs without "LOOPSTART" have had them added.

Thanks for that, it mostly works really well so far, but the game gets stuck in an infinite loop in the Wall Market inn (and I assume at other inns too). Going back to the original yado.ogg fixes it.

Top Bottom