• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII PC re-release. SE Store Exclusive - Out now, Internet required

FtHTiny

74OUg.png

A party without tifa is no party.

Shining

New page*

Okay, after comparing to the original OGGs and stuff, it seems that ob.ogg may be the only problematic file.

Here's a new version of the PSX music: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22135087/Fixed+FF7+Fixed+Music+v2.zip
Hopefully this is the one. It's just the original with only oa.ogg and ob.ogg edited.
Sorry about that mixup.

ut4Xe.jpg

Is there a mod to use the Yamaha midi music from the original pc release? After listening to some of the clips on youtube I liked it a lot. Sounds better than the ps1 version.
This is what i'm thinking too. There is a torrent out there containing the complete Yamaha XG midi soundtrack in .flac format. If one were to convert these files to .ogg, then maybe that would work. Also, one would have to make sure the songs loop correctly. Whogie, do you think this is possible?

antitrop

Why is this game still so much better than everything else out there? Maybe it's the only game I truly "felt".
Because they don't make RPGs like they used to, ESPECIALLY this console generation.

Final Fantasy XIII was the definition of "blah" and Final Fantasy XIV was one of the most disastrous game launches of all time. God help me, Eternal Sonata was probably my favorite JRPG of this generation and it wasn't even really that good.

Give me something like Chrono Trigger again, please. Something with passion and imagination and talent.

Robin64

Nothing wrong with a party of Cloud, Barrett and Yuffie. Especially given that, aside from Limit Breaks, everyone is practically the same. (Yeah, I'm sure the diehard will point out different stats, but when everyone can learn everything, the differences become much less pronounced)

antitrop

Nothing wrong with a party of Cloud, Barrett and Yuffie. Especially given that, aside from Limit Breaks, everyone is practically the same. (Yeah, I'm sure the diehard will point out different stats, but when everyone can learn everything, the differences become much less pronounced)
Final Fantasy VII is so easy that any party is viable as long as you know how to use Materia correctly.

Whogie

Choosing a party is never easy in this game~
I've always gone with Red and Tifa in the past. I should mix it up.

This is what i'm thinking too. There is a torrent out there containing the complete Yamaha XG midi soundtrack in .flac format. If one were to convert these files to .ogg, then maybe that would work. Also, one would have to make sure the songs loop correctly. Whogie, do you think this is possible?
(To be clear, what I posted is someone else's patch I just fixed a bug in.)
That sounds beyond my skill since many songs don't loop at 0, but somewhere a few seconds in. So if you were to convert them, you'd have to mark the loop points somehow.

sueil

I like that I can't remap the gamepad controls at all due to having way too many controller like devices. Joystick, throttle and flight sim pedals all on separate usb inputs. Plus driving wheel, another set of pedals used for driving and then finally a gamepad. It is not detecting my gamepad as being the recognized device and instead is detecting probably a joystick or pedals or some such. Unplugging all of my other devices seems like it would be a real pain in the ass. Wish they let me pick which device to use.

Shame about the Yahama midi stuff being too complicated. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

DeVeAn

I have been a SE member since FF13 and for some reason I cannot change my profile on FF7 web page. How would I go about doing this?

pottuvoi

Banned
Sounds possible..

What I wonder is that would it be possible to use orchestra version.. ;)

I have been a SE member since FF13 and for some reason I cannot change my profile on FF7 web page. How would I go about doing this?

For the life of me I can't figure out SE's account system on their website. At one point I had two accounts. Then they were combined. Then I had a krystal (or whatever it is) account for FFXIV. I also have a separate account from FFXI.

One fucking login square!

FUCK!

[/rant]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hello all :3 Time to continue!

74OUg.png

That lolparty group
apollo9-laughing.gif
CBY is by far, by FAR the best group :_: And I'm not even talking limit-break wise! They're both in my ♥!
A party without tifa is no party.
A party without Tifa is a good party. God, I can't stand that woman.

BPRD

Banned
In this case I would say it's probably just user error. I had absolutely no issue whatsoever buying the game with a credit card from the SE Store.

I know how to use a credit card. Hell I even made it through Playonline, that final fantasy xiv sign up. THIS SHIT ELUDES ME THOUGH! it says its not available in my location, not bad card info..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm only minutes away from chocobo breeding ._.

Time to end disc 2! MIDGAR, HERE I COME!

Yoshichan

I can confirm that the W-Item trick does indeed work in this version!

I've got to say that I'm enjoying my re-playthrough a lot more than I was expecting.

It's not even the nostalgia really, it's more that the gameplay has held up really well over time. It's my favorite of Square's ATB system RPGs for sure.

Yoshichan

You know when people said that any party is fine? That didn't include Cait Sith.

Stupid Cait Sith...
Grats to Member-status, Robin64 ♥!

Yoshichan

Chocobo breeding is already pissing me off. 15+ battles and still not as single fucking chocobo battle next to Gold Saucer.

Tc91

What the hell is going on, whenever I rest somewhere the game crashes and the music just loops.

Happened at the market and now at Aeris' house. :/

Got my first freeze. Grinding under Junon and cast Beta, video froze while audio continues.

Back to Windows and there is an error "Unknown exception occurred". Luckily I saved a few minutes ago.

Yoshichan

Odd, I grinded in Jeunon for hours and I used beta/aqualung all the time without a crash

kingslunk

What team should I play

Team MAN: Cloud/Barrett/Red XIII
Team Hard/lame: Cloud/Vincent/Cait Sith
Team Solid: Cloud/Tifa/Barrett or Cloud/Tifa/Red XIII

Not playing cid or yuffie, played them in my last play through.

Yoshichan

Woo! Time to train my greenF/blueM :D

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds like the 2 best ways to play this still are:

1. Pulling out my Playstation and Final Fantasy VII discs.
or
2. Ripping my Final Fantasy VII discs and playing on my PSP.

If this was on Steam, I'd probably buy it for $9.99 just to play without issues on a PC with a keyboard and mouse (depending on how well that even works).

Do you have to be online to play this?

3. Ripping you Final Fantasy VII discs and playing on a PC emulator.

Top Bottom