• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Team Urgently Recruiting, Here’s A Message From Key Staff

RedRum

Banned
For KH3 they absolutely need a major trailer. The game has shown so far the first couple of areas in the game and a CG trailer. They need to instill some confidence that the game has made the progress a game that's been in development 3-4 years should. E3 is going to be an important time for them.

7R they have some leeway given that it's a newer title but that will burn away fast.

Agreed. I'm still worried though. I am getting to a point where I believe trusting E3 trailers is the wrong thing to do. It seems the FF team has not made much headway even though when this announcement released years ago, we had a CG trailer with in-game gameplay.

I trailer might sate me, but I don't get hyped until I see some demo footage.

I'm going to go with something not being translated properly.

I'm also doubtful of the episode idea as people generally think of it.

My suspicion is that they mean 2 or 3 different games.

That's true, they've never said the game is "Episodic" but the whole story will be released in parts. They said as far back as Dec. of 2015 that each part would be a full game and not a small taste.

LordKasual

Banned
Lord Tabata

bdxRlau.gif

BELEE

Agreed. I'm still worried though. I am getting to a point where I believe trusting E3 trailers is the wrong thing to do. It seems the FF team has not made much headway even though when this announcement released years ago, we had a CG trailer with in-game gameplay.

I trailer might sate me, but I don't get hyped until I see some demo footage.

I can see where you're coming from. At this point if they're gonna release a trailer with gameplay for FF7R it needs to look polished. The previous trailer's gameplay had hilariously bad framerate but it made sense since they were very early in development but if they can't get the footage to look good even for a trailer then they got issues.

As for how much progress has been made it's an unknown. I'd like to be optimistic but we need to see more and not just from the intro.

JayEH

I'm going to go with something not being translated properly.

I'm also doubtful of the episode idea as people generally think of it.

My suspicion is that they mean 2 or 3 different games.

I think it could be a translation error as well. We know there's some parts of the game that are in a state that can be shown since Nomura did show Famitsu some footage a couple months back and he also wanted to show a video at MAGIC but it got vetoed by higher ups. Kitase also said in Feb they were almost done with the Japanese voice acting for the main story so signs show progress is already underway.

Niks

Imagine it's 2022 and finally this thing is coming out for the Playstation 5.

And you find out it ends just before you leave Midgar.

And it would look like shit because it was made for last gen in mind. 4K towns are hard and all that jazz...

RK128

For KH3 they absolutely need a major trailer. The game has shown so far the first couple of areas in the game and a CG trailer. They need to instill some confidence that the game has made the progress a game that's been in development 3-4 years should. E3 is going to be an important time for them.

7R they have some leeway given that it's a newer title but that will burn away fast.

I want to be cynical and say KH3 is years off...but logically, it just has to release next year. No more HD remasters or collections could release to be the 'yearly' Kingdom Hearts game. I mean, they COULD try to sell another demo (like they did with 2.8 pairing the original experience with a remaster and movie), but they have nothing to pair it with. 2018 NEEDS to have a new KH's game release and KH3 is going to be that game.

The bigger question, is if it will be 'complete' or 'rushed'. I am leaning on the later, due to how Square Enix rushed FFXV after it being in development for way to long conceptually before full development began once it was called FFXV. It's good, considering they are supporting the game and everything now, but it is still a rushed game.

KH3 could suffer from that but at this point, I don't care. I just want to play the damn game already. They had since 2013 to get the game complete and with it's more cartoony art direction and using a good engine (UE4), things should be easier for the team compared to FFXV. I think they are being quiet for KH3 so the other KH Collections get their time in the spotlight. Now that both are out, we will get a large information blow out at E3.

Major story trailer, Star Wars or Frozen announced for a world, release date and new 'demo' releasing alongside major Square Enix game this fall (likely the Mount Olympus world teased at the end of KH2.8); that would make people confident thinking 'Yes! This isn't vaporware. It really is a real game'.

And think about this; Disney owns KH's, not Square Enix. Disney has major properties they want to push. Star Wars, Pixar Films (Cars 3, Coco), Disney Animated Studios Productions (Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Wreck It Ralph, Tangled, Frozen, Moana, Gigantic, etc) and more. KH's can be a tool for this but with the games taking so long to produce, Disney likely is getting impatient.

If anything, they would be pushing for KH3 to be a 2018 release and demand it's high quality. And I don't blame them honestly; it's been way to long since the last original RPG Kingdom Hearts game (2012's Dream Drop Distance).

Eh staff requirements keep fluctuating in every major project.
And id rather they take their time than give us another high potential low output product like xv.
Its quite obvious that this is now ff16 in all but name.
Hopefully theyve started working on actual 16 as well and only announce it once theyre close to release.
7r, if all goes well, should ease the pressure off of them to announce 16 this soon.

Now we know both ito and toriyama are doing something that either arent willing to reveal yet. And as weird as it is, i dont even hate 13 anymore, infact id like the team to contribute to the next game's design and visuals which were phenomenal. I guess tabata too but isnt he going to do a new ip or something?
Oh and 14 guy and ito should absolutely be heading 16, but they probably wont let 14 guy go since 14 is a cashcow now

DNAbro

XVI is probably not really being considered at all.

SE could go under ,gaming market could crash, WW3 could kick off before anything FF16-related happens.

I'm sure they got something in the backroom brewing. We hopefully won't hear about it for a long while though. A long long while. Still got FFXV to focus on with all the goddamn updates it's been getting and of course FF7R.

The bigger question, is if it will be 'complete' or 'rushed'. I am leaning on the later, due to how Square Enix rushed FFXV after it being in development for way to long conceptually before full development began once it was called FFXV. It's good, considering they are supporting the game and everything now, but it is still a rushed game.

I think KH3 is in a better position when it comes to content possibly being cut. Given the game's Disney worlds are very much self-contained they can easily just cut one of the unannounced worlds to save some time.

This isn't even a new concept for the series. Dream Drop Distance dropped a world for Space Paranoids (original Tron) and Fantasia 2000. Birth by Sleep cut The Jungle Book and 358/2 Days cut a Pinocchio world. They're pretty used to trimming things down to meet deadlines and I think that's a good way for them to the game out in a timely manner and not have to make the last act of the game a rushed mess ala Final Fantasy XV.

I'm confident that KH3 will come out 2018 and will feel just as solid and complete as Osaka Team's previous outings w/ BBS and DDD. Here's hoping that comes to pass, I'd prefer not to get burned.

HeelPower

I'm sure they got something in the backroom brewing. We hopefully won't hear about it for a long while though. A long long while. Still got FFXV to focus on with all the goddamn updates it's been getting and of course FF7R.

Oh Square could definitely let us know about it as soon as this E3.

They could show off a flashy CG trailer with sexy character design ,but none of it would amount to anything for at least a decade.

Wagram

You know, I almost feel bad for talking shit about Toriyama. Yeah, his stuff can be divisive, but at least he gets shit out in a timely manner.

jviggy43

This company needs much much better over sight. How do they consistently have so many problems and issues with development? Its baffling. Get your shit together SE. Just Get your shit together. Just...just get it all together, get your shit together. Get it all, put in a bag, and make sures its together.

get your shit together

Takes too long it's a problem.
Releases half baked supported via dlc it's a problem.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just think games in general are getting more complex however, SE problem is announcing shit early. I've noticed a good portion of people assume a trailer means that they been working on it for years when it's not the case for SE at least.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just think games in general are getting more complex however, SE problem is announcing shit early. I've noticed a good portion of people assume a trailer means that they been working on it for years when it's not the case for SE at least.

I love how when KH3 was revealed Nomura immediately says in an interview "Yeah, we revealed this way too early" as much as I loved the one-two-punch of XV and KH3 back in 2013 it wasn't the best idea in the long run.

Surprised they haven't announced Toriyama as co-director.

1)He's very experienced in HD development.

2)He actually worked on the original.

3)Long time working partner with Kitase as well.

4)Plot/story ideas aside, he's actually a capable director of "large scale" games and knows how to move production along rather efficiently (for the most part).

This is where I think Nomura is flawed. he's good with smaller, tighter projects. When things get too big, the dude's head goes spinning and he starts making that "uhhhhh" noise that Tina Belcher from Bob's Burger makes.

I blame a lot of this on Kitase. I know he believes Nomura's artistic eye is a great pro for these games, and it IS, but Nomura lacks the chops to handle massive projects. I think THEY (Square Enix's higher ups like Kitase) believe in some twisted logic that, eventually, Nomura will eventually learn to handle it. It don't seem that's the case. Some people got it, some don't. Instead of forcing a square peg into a round hole, get a round peg.

JayEH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Square Enix announces a game as soon as someone thought of it on the toilet. This should be known by now.

I love how when KH3 was revealed Nomura immediately says in an interview "Yeah, we revealed this way too early" as much as I loved the one-two-punch of XV and KH3 back in 2013 it wasn't the best idea in the long run.

Facts. But they do it for investors and to drive up the console install base.. shitty of course but it's the nature of the business.

Square Enix announces a game as soon as someone thought of it on the toilet. This should be known by now.

You'll be surprised how naive some are.

orochi91

Yo.

Ban SE from every remaining Sony conference this gen.

This company always announces major projects far too early and Sony is always too eager in providing them conference slots.

wtd2009

not sure how to interpret these quotes, but it does make me wonder what has been going on the last 2 years, and what cyberconnect has been doing in this time.

JayEH

Yo.

Ban SE from every remaining Sony conference this gen.

This company always announces major projects far too early and Sony is always too eager in providing them conference slots.

But Sony just wants to "win" E3 and people fall for the square reveals every time.

You people need to learn to expect nothing. All you do is set your expectations too high. We live in a era with lots of games, no need to cling to a few from one company.

But I suppose, if people did that all forums would be devoid of posting.

good advice but yeah everyone lives for the hype lol.

PiFace

Banned
You people need to learn to expect nothing. All you do is set your expectations too high. We live in a era with lots of games, no need to cling to a few from one company.

But I suppose, if people did that all forums would be devoid of posting.

Top Bottom