• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 coming to PC May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the other boosters going to be other than no encounters and high speed? I'm assuming max/infinite gil will be one of them. Which would make Yojimbo useful for once. Will they be like FF7 and FF9 where you have Overdrives at all times and Max HP/MP?

OmegaDL50

Woah. And in just two days! This is amazing.

What FF are we missing, PCGAF?

In terms of single player releases only three games are entirely missing. That being FF1 and 2 (non-emulated at least) and FF12.

If those games ever get a native PC release that would mean every single player mainline FF game to date would be available on PC.

Xena

Wow, out of nowhere but coincides with the end of my finals. So sadly, I'll triple dip on this game. XD

Boss Mog

Sorry but I have like zero hopes for FFXV after playing those demos. You can't make a super fast action game that runs at 20fps and that doesn't even look that good to boot. It's clear that they ported the PS3 version instead of starting from scratch on PS4.

Zebei

Sqaure please. I JUST finished FFVIII and I haven't even bought FFIX

Looks like i'll get to play the game that made me hate FInal Fantasy and RPGs in general (for the most part) again. Im sure it will be a much more enjoyable experience. :p

orochi91

Dual Audio?

Fantastic, will pick it up during a sale.

Needs a fan re-translation tho, so I hope someone is working on that!

Bluth54

Trying getting KH on anything digital first. Disney is so weird about it.

Disney has a bunch of old PC games on Steam now, plus they have to release the new Kingdom Hearts on digital since you have to release games digitally on the Xbox One and PS4.

Tohsaka

Disney has a bunch of old PC games on Steam now, plus they have to release the new Kingdom Hearts on digital since you have to release games digitally on the Xbox One and PS4.

It's not actually mandatory. Puyo Puyo Tetris is only available physically, I think there might be one other game too.

Xena

This'll be my septuple-dip.

Hahaha, wow! Did we even have that many releases or did you also import from other regions as well?

Anyway, I'm definitely not complaining about these games (JRPGs such as FF which I grew up playing with) being released on PC, because now I don't have to deal with the BS of games not being compatible with newer consoles. If this trend continues, for me, even if takes 1 year of wait, will make me less like to buy the next generation console.

Parsnip

They really were just sitting on the damn thing for 6 months or whatever. Nuts.

Also, further convinces me that 15 will be day and date on PC and consoles, they are running out of other FF games to release otherwise. :p
Forever a believer.

Skii

Great news for PC gamers.

Will only be interested if it hits 60fps. I've got it on Vita but will invest in a PC version for that buttery smoothness. Don't remember if PS4 is 60fps...

notaskwid

Boss★Moogle;203047951 said:
Now all that's left is for SE to announce FFXII Remaster at E3 so we get at least one good FF game this year.

We're already got a good Final Fantasy this year regardless of XII.

cwistofu

Hahaha, wow! Did we even have that many releases or did you also import from other regions as well?

Anyway, I'm definitely not complaining about these games (JRPGs such as FF which I grew up playing with) being released on PC, because now I don't have to deal with the BS of games not being compatible with newer consoles. If this trend continues, for me, even if takes 1 year of wait, will make me less like to buy the next generation console.

FFX PS2 (NA)
FFX International PS2 (JPN)
FFX HD PS3 (NA)
FFX HD Vita (NA)
FFX HD Vita (Korea)
FFX HD PS4 (NA)

And now FFX HD PC.
I'll probably buy the eventual mobile release 10 years down the line, too.

Kouriozan

I platinum-ed it on PS4, not really looking forward that chocobo race again >.<
But I'll buy it again for the 6th times (bought and resold 3 times on PS2) for the japanese audio.

bede-x

Cool. A shame they stealth release it, since I already spent my gaming budget for this month not knowing it was coming, so it'll have to wait a few weeks. Hopefully it's 60fps.

Give us XII next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom