• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
this comparison pic needs to be in the OP

Comparison:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/14641

Shows that they did at least some small geometry tweaks to the environments as well. And greatly increased environment texture fidelity, at least in that area -- I'm embarrassed that I wasn't sure about that from the start :p.

What I really love is that they improved the transparent vegetation sprites immensely. Low-res transparent sprites in place of geometry are very often the worst blemish on high-res renders of old games.

Really surprised to hear FF fans in this thread happy with the idea of the CG being cropped. That cuts out a huge amount of the picture - hopefully there will a least be an option to disable that, I despise cropping.

btkadams

wtf...the fmvs are cropped? i hope they give us an option to play them at their normal aspect ratios (lol like they would).

Magnus

KH's are rerendered in widescreen with no cropping.The CG here has definitely been touched up, but cropped to fit widescreen.

Yeah, in NA, we're getting more HD releases from S-E Japan this year than we have in the last 3 years combined.

They're finally getting their act together and I can't wait to see how this will show during next-gen.

Aren't KH 1.5's CGI cutscenes actually re-rendered in 16:9?

Wait. What? They actually went back to KH1 and redid the CG for the sides of the image to expand it to 16:9? Or perhaps they had that all along and cropped it to 4:3 for the original release?

Ugh, and cropped is the worst. Can't believe anyone wants that. Reminds me of my friends that have SD cable and stretch the image out to fit their widescreen TVs because "ew black bars".

Shinta

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZD6GDOsNYE

Just started listening to some FFX music. All of it gives me the feels. . .

Gah I might double dip on this game, I need this on console and handheld. Lets go SE, time to make some money.

Here's some feels. Honestly, I think this song went over a lot of people's heads at the time. Hamauzu just writes much more complicated songs than Uematsu.

I bet a lot of people will be rediscovering Hamauzu this time, after overlooking him the first time. Nakano was also really amazing in this OST.

jiggle

Look so good :mad:
Tuna looks very close to the cg counterpart now
Tidus not as much, but better
Very excited to see X-2 next!

Wait. What? They actually went back to KH1 and redid the CG for the sides of the image to expand it to 16:9? Or perhaps they had that all along and cropped it to 4:3 for the original release?
There are some stretching going on

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That rumor was right - it looks very similar graphically to FFXIII now.

;-; It's beautiful. Certainly the most exciting thing to come out of SE in a while for me.

Shahed

Should be. Based on Sony's digital initiative.

Have all the HD Remasters been on PSN day and date? I thought they were usually after a couple weeks or so.

Personally I'm hoping Square do some kind of Digital package in which I'd get the PS3 and Vita versions of both games in a bundle. Again depending on Cross Save that is

EDIT: Unless they do some kind of LE Vita. I couldn't pass that up...

Shinta

Banned
That rumor was right - it looks very similar graphically to FFXIII now.
I still think there's a world of difference between the two games graphically. XIII is on another level.

2442853-orphan's+cradle+2.png

It's a fantastic looking HD upgrade though! Exciting stuff.

RPGCrazied

Rather than actually remove sections of the beautiful CG altogether? Of course!

To each his own. I'm one of those "ew, black bars" guys, so. If it fits the screen without having to zoom it from your TV, then I'm all for it. If I wanted to play it in 4:3, I'd go play my PS2 version.

I might get a vita for this. I was finally able to beat Ruby Weapon once I could play VII portably, maybe I could finally beat Penance too.

jiggle

I still think there's a world of difference between the two games graphically. XIII is on another level.

Lighting is no where near
the redone models are closer though
their fingers exceeding xiii even
at least the do from looking from phone screen anyway

dark_chris

The fact that NA is getting international content is INCREDIBLE. It's something I never in a million years expected to happen. I thought I'd have to learn Japanese one day to experience it for X-2. Between X and X-2 I probably spent 200 hours on those games. The gimped NA versions at that!

I can't have that disc inside my PS3 soon enough.

Next up, XII international zodiac job system?

How have I never heard of this? I'm looking up gameplay videos of that and it looks fun.

I had fun with it and it was a good game.
The ending will piss you off though..
No context to the final boss, but the final boss was very fun as hell, and the ending sucks.

It's lovely! Although having played FFX over and over and over and over and over again it might be a bit difficult to get used to Tidus's new face and Seymour's furry hair.

Stuart444

I just realized, with the trailer appearing on the 25th...

I have to eat my words. I said we probably wouldn't get a trailer this month.

I have never been so happy that I'm wrong.

Tizoc

I'd like some help with ordering from Amazon.com please-
When my brother pre-ordered the game it charged him and additional $5 tax, is there a way to remove this tax?

Zoe

Everything feels a little flat compared to FFXIII, but I could definitely believe that this could have been released new near the beginning of the generation.

Seda

What differences are in the international version? Extra bosses?

V

FFX: Dark Aeons + Penance and Expert Sphere grid.

FFX-2: A ton of stuff.

Honestly, you may want to wiki this one because there's a ton.

The most noticeable in FFX is more superbosses and associated small sidequests to get to said superbosses.

FFX-2, however, has way more. A whole extra dungeon (that's almost a new game in itself, it's so long and repetitive), a fighting arena, and, again a ton of new bosses. Oh, and the arena grants party member changes, too.

FINAL FANTASY X-2 is also getting the International treatment, high definition graphics and more content than I can list! But you’ll have to wait a little bit longer until we reveal the full list of enhancements and extra features.

If its the content from FFX-2 Last mission then this is the best news ever

Dress Spheres Festival-Goer, Psychic and Bare
Creature Create a system similar to the Monster Arena where fiends can be captured, trained and used in battle. Many of the Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 non-player characters can also be trained and used in battle, including Tidus, Auron, Seymour, Lulu, Kimahri, Lucil, Nooj, Baralai, and several others. Over 150 additional party members can be gained through this system, with the majority having their own very small storylines
Last Mission a storyline-based mission set three months following the defeat of Vegnagun where Yuna, Rikku, and Paine meet up for the first time since their victory to explore the recently-discovered Yadonoki Tower ruins. The tower has 80 levels with a boss battle on every 20th level. On every 10th level, the girls have a conversation regarding current events in their lives and in Spira.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Looks better than XIII-2 in some respects:

For the sake of seeing how the game holds up to Square Enix's current output:

ff10hd04g7krj.jpg

final-fantasy-xiii-2-20111201043008377-3567408.jpg

Also, you need to go back and look at XIII again... it had some really ugly moments:

finalfantasyxiii_27.jpg

pottuvoi

Banned
Looks like they recreated some of the backgrounds, ie. the ground on gathering scene has several times more polygons than on ps2 version.
Also the lighting has been redone on the scene, subtle but difference is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom