• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

2013 release is confirmed.

Maybe the Thread title should be changed? With 2013 release, international editions. I posted my title before the blog posts with more information.

jiggle

Releasing a high profile exclusive for the PS3 well after the release of the PS4 seems silly given the lack of BC. I'd be surprised if they don't try and get it out before the end of the year.
unless there is a platform change or addition
it's something they'll have to face eventually with 2.5 and maybe/hopefully xii down the road anyway

And it means that the team who did the remastering is now available to start on XII IZJS HD...

not if they're working on this work of art instead
vincentgunthumb.jpg

Looks nice! I loved FFX but haven't replayed it in a while...and my BC PS3 just died taking my save of the PS2 version with it, so good timing on the new version! Not as much of a fan of FFX-2, but HD FFX is well worth $40 by itself, so it's nice that they're pretty much throwing it in for free. And it means that the team who did the remastering is now available to start on XII IZJS HD...

Ps3 comes with both games but do you guys think it will be better to buy them each for VITA, my premise is that it will look loads better on the PS VITA? Thoughts?

Just realised, that shot of the whole party shows that the cutscenes will still mix and match gameplay and cutscene character models -_-

FF10HD09.jpg

Seda

But duckroll said it was impossible :p

I mean, FFXIV is probably late summer, Lightning Returns is early Fall (I think), KH is Fall as well...

I guess a part of me thinks if they want to spread out releases, this would be early Summer (or of course, something like December 2013).

jett

D-Member
If they add some SSAO and self-shadowing it would make a world of difference. It's really only a few lighting tweaks away from almost looking current-gen.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think summer is the optimal time for release but as duckroll and Kagari stated it will be later on the year. I predict sept-November is when all these things will release.

Reveirg

It's definitely a 2013 release. I expect at least 6 months lead time from announcement.

But at this point, won't A Realm Reborn, FFX|X-2 HD, KH 1.5 Remix and Lightning Returns all release within a 3-4 months time frame? Doesn't seem like the best marketing move.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
But at this point, won't A Realm Reborn, FFX|X-2 HD, KH 1.5 Remix and Lightning Returns all release within a 3-4 months time frame? Doesn't seem like the best marketing move.

They'll all be releasing roughly one month apart at the minimum which is fine for SE.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Did the international releases contain voiced story elements? If so are they going to reach out to the same english VAs?

LuuKyK

And there is yet Tales of Xillia. What a magnificent end of the year it will be for RPG fans. bow.gif

It is so far away though. :/

Exentryk

I mean, FFXIV is probably late summer, Lightning Returns is early Fall (I think), KH is Fall as well...

I guess a part of me thinks if they want to spread out releases, this would be early Summer (or of course, something like December 2013).

Hmm...
XIV - July
XHD - Aug
LR - Sept
KHHD - Oct+
Versus - Mar 14 :p

Ravage

Ninokuni, Atelier Ayesha, Tales of Xillia, FFX/X-2 HD, KH1.5 ... 2013 is shaping up to be an amazing year for JRPG fans.

edit: lol can't believe i missed FFXIV:RR and LR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom