• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reveirg

Ninokuni, Atelier Ayesha, Tales of Xillia, FFX/X-2 HD, KH1.5 ... 2013 is shaping up to be an amazing year for JRPG fans.

+ A Realm Reborn, Dragon's Crown, Lightning Returns, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Soul Sacrifice, Soul Hackers 3DS, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, etc.

Yep! =D

Seda

We should get two people for an avatar bet. Someone who thinks LR:FFXIII will sell more and someone who thinks FFX|X-2HDR will sell more.

Not me though of course.

Seik

Banned
I'll buy both versions, it'll feel good to finally buy something descent from SE.

That graphical upgrade seems good! o_o

RPGCrazied

We should get two people for an avatar bet. Someone who thinks LR:FFXIII will sell more and someone who thinks FFX|X-2HDR will sell more.

Not me though of course.

I know when we get the release date, I'm going to rock a Tidus avatar.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
But at this point, won't A Realm Reborn, FFX|X-2 HD, KH 1.5 Remix and Lightning Returns all release within a 3-4 months time frame? Doesn't seem like the best marketing move.

Well, maybe they're trying to stack things since they don't have a "big" holiday title?

Exentryk

Not me though of course.

Team-XHD!
SeuHD.gif

Vossler

Crisis Core / Dirge of Cerberus bundle would make sense (and I'd buy it day one).

But what would they bundle with FFXII?

VAGRANT STORY HD REMAKE!!! BELIEVE!!!!!

hah, who am I kidding, SE will never remake a Matsuno game. Good thing there is the jap-eng patch for FFXII IZJS and PCSX2 for those of us who realize this.

Reveirg

SE will never remake a Matsuno game.

Well, Tactics Ogre on PSP took us all by surprise. Matsuno had left the company already and came back just for that!!

And we know Matsuno's working on his next project, we just don't know for whom... =O

ubercheez

Wow, this is looking pretty awesome. I'm torn between wanting it on my home TV at full HD and wanting it on the go. o_O Cross buy would make my day here, but fat chance on that knowing SE.

Really impressed by the Lulu model upgrade. The texture difference on her dress's fur really stands out.

Looking forward to seeing some X-2 shots eventually. I wonder how much work they'll put in on the battle models, given how many of them there are with all the various dresspheres. I'm gonna need to see me some Berserker Rikku in HD to judge this.

neoism

Not me though of course.

lol unfair bet 13-3 is on two systems this remake totally has a chance to sell well over 5 mil copies......not given my avy up though

So what will they add for the second game in a FFXII HD release?

I guess they need 2 games to make a retail HD re-release in the west even if the game in 50 hours long.

Foffy

Banned
So, is this a traditional HD port that just seems like a sub-par upscaling, or more like Ocarina of Time 3D in that a chunk of the changes go beyond a port but fall short of being a full blown remake? I'd like to see comparison shots between FFX/X-2 in PCSX2 versus these new versions.

Wow, this is looking pretty awesome. I'm torn between wanting it on my home TV at full HD and wanting it on the go. o_O Cross buy would make my day here, but fat chance on that knowing SE.

Really impressed by the Lulu model upgrade. The texture difference on her dress's fur really stands out.

Looking forward to seeing some X-2 shots eventually. I wonder how much work they'll put in on the battle models, given how many of them there are with all the various dresspheres. I'm gonna need to see me some Berserker Rikku in HD to judge this.

Having the same problem, I am buying FFX and X-2 but can't decide which system!! As of right now I've been spoiling myself with persona 4 on vita so I think i've get FFX as well on vita, its just the perfect system for playing old games.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So, is this a traditional HD port that just seems like a sub-par upscaling, or more like Ocarina of Time 3D in that a chunk of the changes go beyond a port but fall short of being a full blown remake? I'd like to see comparison shots between FFX/X-2 in PCSX2 versus these new versions.

In between I'd say but leaning more towards OoT I think.

I wonder if they'll actually create an
pregnancy model
for Lulu in X-2

Lazy.
I hate that any reoccurring character other that Yuna & Rikku have the same character model (Wakka is a bit chubbier, no?). :/
I don't know about you guys, but I am wearing the exact same thing I wore on this day a year ago!

Reveirg

Kraftwerk

I hope this isn't considered port begging, asking because I'm curious;

Do these have any chance of appearing on other platforms? Or no due the them originally being exclusive to Playstation 2?

On topic; will be getting both for Vita. Cannot wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom