• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
New Famitsu developer interview is up. Has some new screenshots.
5152bc73ce5a5.jpg

Looks so good. Cant wait to relive this game.

Durante

I wonder if by the time PS4 releases and games are 1080p Famitsu will finally start uploading images that are more than what any other site would consider thumbnails.

Andrefpvs

My brain is having a really hard time imagining a Final Fantasy X without characters stuttering in cutscenes.

This will be good!

Jarate

Banned
Day 1 for me

Second favorite Final Fantasy, and the reason I bought a ps2 at the time

HD blitzball will be the greatest thing on earth

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Real talk.. the difference in those pics up there is minuscule. I obviously see the higher resolution, textures, detail, whatever, but the leap isn't big enough to warrant so much.. effort? I dunno.

Tratorn

Real talk.. the difference in those pics up there is minuscule. I obviously see the higher resolution, textures, detail, whatever, but the leap isn't big enough to warrant so much.. effort? I dunno.

It is more effort than for any other HD-Collection. Only GoW: Collection 2 had some similar changes afaik, but still not that much I think.

Seda

that + international content + portable version + trophies make it worthwhile to me.

haikira

Using two shots provided near the start of thread, by ULTROS!. I just cropped them and changed contrast and color, to make the comparison more fair. The Original shot is from a youtube stream and isn't a direct capture.

Lighting seems a little flat in the new shot, textures are definitely much better and Kimahri's face looks different. I definitely recommend for any comparison pics, people open them up in tabs and flick back and forward. Though i'm probably preaching to the choir.

HD
gkktleexdaoe.jpg

PS2 Emulator
otq3n0vmql0j.jpg

Shahed

Using two shots provided near the start of thread, by ULTROS!. I just cropped them and changed contrast and color, to make the comparison more fair. The Original shot is from a youtube stream and isn't a direct capture.

Lighting seems a little flat in the new shot, textures are definitely much better and Kimahri's face looks different. I definitely recommend for any comparison pics, people open them up in tabs and flick back and forward. Though i'm probably preaching to the choir.

Aren't the tags the other way around? Bottom is HD

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
that + international content + portable version + trophies make it worthwhile to me.

For me out of all those, only trophs would make it worth it as I've experienced the rest of the content and don't own a Vita. But I just feel like they could have just said f the graphics and added everything you listed and it would have been enough. At least judging from the examples above. Maybe the final product will have the wow factor that screenshots don't convey.

Aurizen

I used google translate to the interview, Im not sure if this is true but did they say it will be released at the end of 2013?

Bladenic

That laughing scene screenshot look amazing. I weep thinking at what the trophies will be like for both games, but especially FFX.

Shahed

I wasn't sure how I'd feel playing an old game again. So I decided to mess around in Chrono Cross. While it's only a brief play around, I'm loving it so far. Just hearing the music in Arni Village and talking to all the random people just brings the nostalgia right out of me. It's a really great feeling and all of a sudden I feel like playing this properly now.

I was kind of curious and maybe a bit worried I wouldn't like playing FFX after all these years. Now I know that won't be a problem. Can't wait!

Seda

I wasn't sure how I'd feel playing an old game again. So I decided to mess around in Chrono Cross. While it's only a brief play around, I'm loving it so far. Just hearing the music in Arni Village and talking to all the random people just brings the nostalgia right out of me. It's a really great feeling and all of a sudden I feel like playing this properly now.

I was kind of curious and maybe a bit worried I wouldn't like playing FFX after all these years. Now I know that won't be a problem. Can't wait!

I played Chrono Cross for the first time like 6 8 weeks ago. I found it to be extremely playable.

Then I played Vagrant Story and that was a different story.

Shahed

I played Chrono Cross for the first time like 6 8 weeks ago. I found it to be extremely playable.

Then I played Vagrant Story and that was a different story.

Loved both games back in the day. One holds up extremely well, and the other sadly doesn't. I don't see FFX having anywhere near the problems Vagrant Story does in that regard. The controls were always simiplistic, and the lack of ATB gives you all the time/freedom you need.

The only thing some people might have an issue with is if they liked the linear learning path in the standard Sphere Grid. The Expert can still be pretty linear if you choose to make it so, but has a bit more flexibility. For example I always moved Yuna to Lulu's path briefly to learn certain Black Magic spells, and did the same for other random moves as well. But some people prefer a straightforward path without things that might cause indecision

Exentryk

61degrees translated the following on gamefaqs:

They said the monsters aren't getting polygon upgrades, but their textures are.

Here's something interesting things...

Famitsu: Anything changed or added since the original games?

Imaizumi: These games are the international versions, it will contain new content for north american players as they did not receive these. English voices from the Japanese international version have also been changed back to Japanese. Apart from that, I think players who have only played the original FFX and not the international should find content to enjoy.

Famitsu: Which version would you recommend, Vita version or the PS3 version?

Imaizumi: Although I recommend both, the image quality of the Vita version with its OLED screen may be preferred by some people as it looks beautiful than the PS3 version.

They also mention they are considering being able to transfer data between PS3, Vita, and the download version.

The game was made for the PS3 first, and later data is being ported.

Seda

Wait:

"considering being able to transfer data between PS3, Vita, and the download version."

Is this saying that a download/digital version is confirmed or just a part of the consideration?

Those new images look fantastic. The upgrades to Yuna are noticable and the monster texture looks incredible when compared to the original. For me, this just keeps on getting better and better

bengraven

I'm probably not the first to say this...

but I swore there was going to be an Xbox 360 version of this. Wasn't that announced alongside the PS3 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom