• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
As for Last Mission, I'm okay with not getting it since it's not very fun anyway and I understand that localizing it would be a ton of effort.

I just hope that additional voiced content in KH2:FM (extra scenes with Xemnas, Saix, and Xigbar) and KH:BBS:FM (Aqua's secret chapter) gets voiced in the eventual KH 2.5 Remix, though I'd be surprised if it weren't; the entire KH series' voice cast seems to have a pretty active relationship with Squeenix, save for Billy Zane and whoever voiced Aerith in KH1.

Well they voiced previously text-only Days content, right? So hopefully it's likely that the extra stuff will be voiced too.

Well they voiced previously text-only Days content, right? So hopefully it's likely that the extra stuff will be voiced too.
Yep. And that's a whole lot less to localize/voice than Last Mission is, IMO. Plus, again, Last Mission plays totally differently and sucks.

Celestial

Banned
I am getting it Day 0.I always thought how FFX would look in HD after the release of God Of War HD Collection.My favorite Final Fantasy getting an HD remaster with updated models and textures.Should have asked for something else.The waiting just redeemed.

Beren

Looks like Last Mission definitely isn't assured to be in the package. Apparently in the Dengeki Playstation interview with Kitase, he says that Last Mission is considered a different component from Final Fantasy X-2, so they're still deciding whether it will be included.

Nooooooooooooooooo :(

well-I-guess-thats-that-other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1414.jpg

lol I never thought it would be worse than the ENG version...WOOW

It's beautiful isn't it? Like a crow dying.

Aurizen

maybe the US version will come out late because they might dub last mission. they might release FFX HD for the vita 1st though. maybe...

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Cmon SE, give us the full damn package. There will be people who don't give a shit, and there will be people (me) who will be extremely thankful that they will have finally been able to own and play the full package in English.

You want to be lazy and crop cutscenes? Fine. Don't skimp on content.

zanyu

I just thought it was quirky, dorky humor, which fit Tidus' personality. And I feel it made sense because he was just doing what he could to keep Yuna happy while she was under so much pressure.

I agree 100%. I think a lot of people forget this just because it's one of those awkward scenes you want to look away and act as if it never happened. You almost feel embarrassed even witnessing it.

Although this scene is remembered by most, it's usually more of as a negative than a positive. :(

As for the ultimate weapon requirements, I actually hope they are reduced, such as lightning dodging being 30, or tidus's chocobo race down to 0:0:3.

I just honestly think some of the ultimate weapons are just plain tedious, boring and forces people to master their mini-games. I think it should follow more rikku's GODHAND example. While it was just dumb running around the desert looking for the cataur, and had to play the red light green light game. You didn't need to win all 10 matches with each one to achieve the sigil, you just had to simply do it.

Alucrid

Banned
I remember watching a speed run of this and the dude just used some item that did multiple 9999s to enemies and basically killed everyone in one hit. Anyone know what that was? Something with Rikku's item creation?

That's the superboss of FFx-2 Last Mission...not very nice to have spoiled that.

What ??

I remember watching a speed run of this and the dude just used some item that did multiple 9999s to enemies and basically killed everyone in one hit. Anyone know what that was? Something with Rikku's item creation?

Yes, precisely. I don't remember which items though, but it is possible to obtain large amounts of them pretty early on after getting Rikku.

zanyu

What ?? But why is the player playing as Seymour and some angel-lizard dude ?!

Yes, precisely. I don't remember which items though, but it is possible to obtain large amounts of them pretty early on after getting Rikku.

There is some kind of battle arena thing in FFX-2 last mission. You can recruit NPCs from FFX and X-2.

I think the other teammate in that picture is shinra. It's supposed to be when he gets taken over by all the pyreflies and that's his final form or something.

I'm sure you can youtube the entire for last mission. Honestly it doesn't add anything imo.
It confirms that Tidus does indeed still live and him and Yuna are happily living in Besaid.

If you're referring to FFX, I think it had to do with something getting the underdog's secrets from Rin when you have all the al behd books and you talk to him.

Erigu

I'm sure you can youtube the entire for last mission. Honestly it doesn't add anything imo.
It confirms that Tidus does indeed still live and him and Yuna are happily living in Besaid.
Only if you got that particular ending though.

zanyu

Only if you got that particular ending though.

Oh really? Lol.

I would think most who played the last mission got 100% though. What does it say if you don't get that ending? Something like "Oh I've moved on, NBD." ?

Erigu

[Last Mission spoilers]
What does it say if you don't get that ending? Something like "Oh I've moved on, NBD." ?
It's been a while so I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember she basically reverted to her Eternal Calm self (and that pisses Rikku off).

zanyu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3t50HXyCe8&list=PLB6849E9446486C49&index=1

That's all the cutscenes in last mission. No fmvs.

I honestly wouldn't mind if last mission wasn't added. It's just that little bit of epilogue you miss out on.

Edit:
I was rewatching this, and it reminded me why part of me kind of hated X-2. It's just way to high-school girly at times. While the combat system is infinitely times more fun than FFX (although the garment grid bonuses, seemed like a terrible design), the storyline makes it hard convincing friends and others to play the game, or play in-front of them.
And the ending of X-2. The fuck. Let's beat the final boss with.... LOVE. Fucking face-palm.
I absolutely hate how childish Rikku is. =/

/end-rant

Atlantis

It's Rikku's Overdrive, Mix. There's the Quarter of 9, which makes one ally hit for 9999, and the Trio of 9999, which makes the party hit for 9999.

You can cheese the game with if you've previously collected the Al Bhed Primers in a previous playthrough, as the reward can be used to cast the spell with Mix.

Aurizen

Looks like Last Mission definitely isn't assured to be in the package. Apparently in the Dengeki Playstation interview with Kitase, he says that Last Mission is considered a different component from Final Fantasy X-2, so they're still deciding whether it will be included.

X-2 wont have all the int content. i knew it was too good to be true :(

Ravage

No it's not. Interrupts are a feature, not a bug.

I adore FFXII, but I would absolutely argue that the way FFXII has certain effects-heavy spells that prevent any other spells from being cast while they're animating (but don't prevent physical attacks from occurring) is far more broken.

You mean spells like Holy? I remember abusing the shit out of that spell :p

And speaking of broken abilities, i assume the Catnip + Trigger Happy trick will no longer work? They added Auto-Slow and Auto-Berserk in the International version if i'm not mistaken.

Alucrid

Banned
It's Rikku's Overdrive, Mix. There's the Quarter of 9, which makes one ally hit for 9999, and the Trio of 9999, which makes the party hit for 9999.

You can cheese the game with if you've previously collected the Al Bhed Primers in a previous playthrough, as the reward can be used to cast the spell with Mix.

Ahh gotcha, thanks for the answer.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Please don't nerf the Cat Nip.

Seda

I can't recall. Is that the fight where you just chained Trigger Happy's one after another, therefore stun locking him for the entire battle?

He's the ridiculously fast old guy (looks like a priest/temple type) at the end of Via Infinico.

Ravage

I can't recall. Is that the fight where you just chained Trigger Happy's one after another, therefore stun locking him for the entire battle?

It's been a while since i last played X-2, but i don't recall permanent stun-locking being possible.

Then again, i've no idea how the interrupt mechanic works in X-2.

zanyu

You mean I now have to put effort in defeating Trema now? :(

Even without he is pretty easy. I actually feared the Don Tomberry and the Basillik's walking around in the upper levels. =/

Usually 2 dark knights (or 2 mascots), 1 alchemist, spam items on alchemist, and damage with the other two.

I never felt the game super ridiculous challenging, which is actually kind of nice since then it doesn't make the 100% in one run something ridiculous.

What I did think what was weird in the game though when obtaining 100%....
When you nab Rin as the culprit you get a episode conclude instead of complete, and then get Gippal's sphere. I would think in a "perfect" game they would make you nab Rin to get a episode complete and watch Gippal's sphere for percentage points.

It's been a while since i last played X-2, but i don't recall permanent stun-locking being possible.

If you chained attacks as soon as they were attacking it would "stun" them, and if it completely interrupted their attack sequence they would reset and wait for their next attack.
An example is if someone attacked Yuna when she is doing her trigger happy, she will stop shooting for a brief second while the timer is still going down, enough chain attacks on her, you get 0-2 shots off.
You just apply the same concept on enemies, but certain bosses didn't have interruptions phases, or were less vulerable, such as Machina, and I think trema had a very small interruption to none.

silenttwn

-Sound quality has been improved as the game will rely on streaming its music from the disc instead of using the console's sound chip. This doesn't mean that there are more live instruments recording (it could be though), but at the very least we'll get higher-quality synths.

Don't get your hopes up. 95% chance they're just going to be streaming the original soundtrack recordings from the disc.

Bladenic

Really? You just chain attacks which prevent enemies from attacking. Perma lock is definitely possible with 3 Gunners.

Ravage

If you chained attacks as soon as they were attacking it would "stun" them, and if it completely interrupted their attack sequence they would reset and wait for their next attack.
An example is if someone attacked Yuna when she is doing her trigger happy, she will stop shooting for a brief second while the timer is still going down, enough chain attacks on her, you get 0-2 shots off.
You just apply the same concept on enemies, but certain bosses didn't have interruptions phases, or were less vulerable, such as Machina, and I think trema had a very small interruption to none.

Ah...this would explain why it didn't always work for me. Thanks for the details :)

Really? You just chain attacks which prevent enemies from attacking. Perma lock is definitely possible with 3 Gunners.

I seldom use Gunners, let alone all 3.

Hobbun

If NA receives Last Mission (localized) I would at least try it. But if it isn't packaged in, then I'm not going to be upset. I'm mainly buying the remaster for X, but will finally play through X-2, as well.

Bladenic

If NA receives Last Mission (localized) I would at least try it. But if it isn't packaged in, then I'm not going to be upset. I'm mainly buying the remaster for X, but will finally play through X-2, as well.

Yeah I've watched a play through a long time ago and it looked unfun. Story was cool, I guess. The best thing about LM is Wind Crest.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So, did anyone enjoy Blitzball Manager in X-2? I remember being so pissed that it wasn't Blitzball that I ignored it out of spite.
Sphere Break took up all my minigame time too.
Did it have any actual merit?

zanyu

So, did anyone enjoy Blitzball Manager in X-2? I remember being so pissed that it wasn't Blitzball that I ignored it out of spite.
Sphere Break took up all my minigame time too.
Did it have any actual merit?

Blitzball was a lot more boring in X-2.
Played it and got Star player/Tidus and just stopped.

Blitzball was just too long for matches, and just overall unchallenging once you obtained the best players.

As for sphere break.
It is just a small math minigame, never did it after beating shinra.
At least it wasn't as stupid as the clock mini-game in XIII.

Atlantis

Most bosses are resistant to it. It works on one Via Infinito boss though, but you use the Thief class.

Usually 2 dark knights (or 2 mascots), 1 alchemist, spam items on alchemist, and damage with the other two.

The downfall of FFX-2 right here.

No. The strategy is to a Gunner in critical health with Cat Nip so she can chain Trigger Happy at him. The other two girls just need to survive and revive the Gunner.

Cat Nip is a pretty silly item, glad it's "nerfed" in International.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom