• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

There are probably rendering parts of the code written at a low level for PS2 that's easier to just toss aside and rewrite, for example. Heck, anything written in assembler would have to be rewritten anyway. I imagine all PS2 HD remasters do that at times.

That quote doesn't seem to be talking about code.

Not like reverse engineering the code isn't a problem in itself though.

Ixion

I played FFX a handful of times before first visiting gaming forums around 2005, and I never thought anything of the laughing scene. Then I learned it's the anti-christ.

The real crap is lightning evasion mini game and chocobo racing.

Fixed.

The butterfly catching is fine because it's all down to your memory. The chocobo racing is all luck, which makes it frustrating.

Dragon

Banned
Never really understood the complaints about awful acting for the laughing scene. So it sounds awkward and forced? Well it's meant to sound awkward and forced. Those that think otherwise should take a good look at their comprehension skills.

Yes it's still weird even if it is deliberate, but I'd take several laughing scenes over a massive part of what we recieved in FFX-2

I'm not a fan of FFX-2 either but the laughing scene really doesn't make sense. I can understand Tidus getting angsty over his father (who wouldn't in his situation). As much as I enjoyed the game I had a ton of problems with most of the characters. Auron is the real star of the game for me and sacrifices just as much as Tidus.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That's harsh! I've already expressed my decision to not go for plat in this game...

I just want to get those rewards earlier when they'll be more useful. Obviously if it turns out to be too much of a pain without No Encounter, I'll not bother

EDIT: Saying that a trophy would be nice. Usually I lose count of what I've done so I estimate. Therefore I end up doing around 220-240 just to make sure. A trophy to tell me I've done 200 would be great.

As long as it's called Lightning Returns.

Erigu

Tidus sounds like someone in his early twenties pretty much consistently throughout the whole game. I don't know what you're talking about.
I'm not sure how you could fail to notice that his voice was a lot deeper during the narration.
By his own admission, the voice actor was trying to play an older Tidus for those lines. Despite the fact he'd only be a few weeks older, tops, plot-wise.

Ixion

Because people don't act like that. It's just bizarre.

I just thought it was quirky, dorky humor, which fit Tidus' personality. And I feel it made sense because he was just doing what he could to keep Yuna happy while she was under so much pressure.

Is like half this thread about that damn laughing scene? I thought most people agreed it was awkward and left it at that.

And they're intentionally missing/ignoring the dialogue immediately before/after it to fuel their "English voice acting sucks"/"scripting in modern FF sucks" agendas

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The butterfly catching is fine because it's all down to your memory. The chocobo racing is all luck, which makes it frustrating.
That is perhaps true for you.

I, and quite a few people I know, had issues with it because the butterflies are actually hard to see. They blend into the background too much.

RPGCrazied

Okami HD is wonderful. Makes not having a physical copy that much more painful. Japan got it, but alas, NA didn't.

I'm glad this is getting a physical release. I like to have the boxes and discs.

ubercheez

Okami HD is wonderful. Makes not having a physical copy that much more painful. Japan got it, but alas, NA didn't.

I'm glad this is getting a physical release. I like to have the boxes and discs.

Yeah, I'm still sour about not having an Okami disc. Hexadrive did a fantastic job on it though.

Shahed

That is perhaps true for you.

I, and quite a few people I know, had issues with it because the butterflies are actually a hard to see. They blend into the background too much.
The Butterflies are hard to see. How I did it was just look at a map and match Tidus' movements to those. I never actually looked for Butterflies and that seemed to work and make the whole thing straightforward the few times I've done it. I far preferred it over chocobo ballons since there was no luck involved.

Saying that I'm now gonna have to relearn the timing due to the switch from 50Hz to 60Hz. Never mind it's been 8 years...

The Butterflies are hard to see. How I did it was just look at a map and match Tidus' movements to those. I never actually looked for Butterflies and that seemed to work and make the whole thing straightforward the few times I've done it. I far preferred it over chocobo ballons since there was no luck involved.

Saying that I'm now gonna have to relearn the timing due to the switch from 50Hz to 60Hz. Never mind it's been 8 years...

I couldn't do it, not sure if it was just difficult or the fact that I'm colored blind. I had a friend do it for me.

Aurizen

Basically all the material they used for the original release. Without it you'll have to recreate content instead of altering what they already have

so what does that mean for FFX HD and X-2 HD? will things in the game be different? maybe a bit better?

ubercheez

so what does that mean for FFX HD and X-2 HD? will things in the game be different? maybe a bit better?

There was no lost source code for FFX or X-2. The game that they lost the code for is FFVII, which would therefore have to be remade pretty much from scratch if a remake ever happened.

alexein

Except that the company that made mgs hd collection "Bluepoint" made it clear that they didnt need the code to make the hd collection they just used the disc release and didnt understand why the developpers that made silent hill hd collection didnt do the same and butchered the job.

Shahed

Who knows? It all depends on how they go about making stuff. As Bluepoint have shown, they don't need the source code, they used the retail disc. But Silent Hill was a complete mess.

It all depends on how much effort and the method used, and from the looks of things there's nothing to worry about here. They've already replaced some textures and models that few HD remasters do.

There was no lost source code for FFX or X-2. The game that they lost the code for is FFVII, which would therefore have to be remade pretty much from scratch if a remake ever happened.

Even if they still had the source code of VII, they would have to remake the game from scratch. An "HD" remake of the game wouldn't be all that great. Higher-resolution pre-rendered backgrounds ? The same pre-rendered background built on ancient tech ? Meh. Not interested.

The pre-rendered movies from the PS2 version will be upgraded to high-definition, and the sound quality has been enhanced. Characters and enemies have seen texture quality upgrades, too.

But how did Final Fantasy X HD Remaster‘s creation come about? It was when Square met with some of the voice actors again during the making of Final Fantasy Type-0 on PSP. Character designer Tetsuya Nomura negotiated with various people and the result was, “Ok, let’s do it!” But at the time, Square Enix staff members were devoted to the Final Fantasy XIII project, so it wasn’t possible right away.

Many questions have been raised surrounding the PS Vita version—mainly, “Why is it a dual release versus the PlayStation 3′s single release?” The answer to that is capacity. A PS Vita game card does not have enough space to hold both games.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster is currently 70 percent complete.

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-is-70-percent-complete

Seda

I'm going to keep to OP updated until there's a significant update for a new thread. Everything should be there in the summary bullets.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm excited for FFX HD, but not so much for X-2. :/ But I'd rather get it on PS3 anyway so I'll be getting the collection.

Aurizen

the interview said the vita version looks better than the ps3 version, how is that possible. OLED on a handheld? vs a tv screen with a powerful console.

Hobbun

still, I would expect the PS3 would be better honestly.

I don't think you are really going to notice any subpar quality for your PS3 version, unless you bought the Vita version and played both at the same time. And the difference even then would probably be very minimal.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

duckroll

Looks like Last Mission definitely isn't assured to be in the package. Apparently in the Dengeki Playstation interview with Kitase, he says that Last Mission is considered a different component from Final Fantasy X-2, so they're still deciding whether it will be included.

Dreamer RD

Looks like Last Mission definitely isn't assured to be in the package. Apparently in the Dengeki Playstation interview with Kitase, he says that Last Mission is considered a different component from Final Fantasy X-2, so they're still deciding whether it will be included.

Preorder cancelled.

This will be very disappointing if it's not included. It may be considered a different componenet but it is still FFX-2 and should be included. Hopefully they see sense in localising this as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom