• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZNova

Looks like Last Mission definitely isn't assured to be in the package. Apparently in the Dengeki Playstation interview with Kitase, he says that Last Mission is considered a different component from Final Fantasy X-2, so they're still deciding whether it will be included.

oyyR0MZ.jpg

Don't get cheap on me now, Kitase.

Looks like Last Mission definitely isn't assured to be in the package. Apparently in the Dengeki Playstation interview with Kitase, he says that Last Mission is considered a different component from Final Fantasy X-2, so they're still deciding whether it will be included.
What the hell.

Erigu

So it begins...

Bladenic

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not included because I imagine it would be difficult to round up the voice cast again. For NA I mean.

Stuart444

Might be for the best considering they would have to localize and voice stuff before it comes out here and I don't think many will like the idea of waiting after the Japanese gets it first while we have to wait for the last mission stuff to be finished.

If they wanted it out this year with the last mission stuff, they would need to have decided + start voicing it within the next few months I would think.

Akira_83

Banned
I really hope that these release on cart for the Vita

I have a 32 gig card and still have 23 gigs left, but i wish that could be saved for devs who really dont have the money or distribution access to release physically

this is frickin square enix, come on now

Stuff like rocketbirds and machinarium im more than happy to buy digitally, but i want that 32 gig card to last a long long time and i refuse to delete any games i own

i dont mind seperate carts for each if its a space issue

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So no Last Mission = no Wind Crest ~Three Trails~ song? :(

Cyklops

Neo Member
Oh c'mon, without The Last Mission, it'll still be an unfinished story. SE's done so well for this game till now, I really hope they don't mess up now by not adding it in or by making it DLC.

It seems a little late to still be deciding what will be in the package.

Sounds like a curt way to say "Decided not to do it, but we're not going to fuck with the media cycle right now by saying that."

Arthea

What to debate? We want the Last mission, that is all. Wait... just because we want, we aren't entitled? They are debating it because they can not to give us the last mission just for kicks?
two words - SE

Bladenic

What to debate? We want the Last mission, that is all. Wait... just because we want, we aren't entitled? They are debating it because they can not to give us the last mission just for kicks?
two words - SE

Calm down. Including Last Mission would mean having to track down and hire the original voice actresses, which might be difficult. Not to mention more expensive.

As for the JP version, not sure why they wouldn't include it there, except to be fair to the NA audience. Or because they lost the source code? Or because they don't care? I don't know.

Stuart444

Calm down. Including Last Mission would mean having to track down and hire the original voice actresses, which might be difficult. Not to mention more expensive.

As for the JP version, not sure why they wouldn't include it there, except to be fair to the NA audience. Or because they lost the source code? Or because they don't care? I don't know.

And would make the game take longer to come out (in the west and we know how people are annoyed about having to wait for KH1.5) and people here would be pissed at that anyway.

As for the JP version, I'm guessing either 1. it wasn't recieved well enough for them to consider it worth while or 2. it was planned to be an international release from the get go and they don't want to create a disparity between releases.

Erigu

Well, it would mean less work for them anyway. If they don't think that extra work is justified (i.e. would result in enough extra sales)...

duckroll

I think it might have to do with considering how much work is required to make it on par with the rest of the HD release. Last Mission was really janky to begin with, even on FFX-2I+LM. It always felt like some unpolished beta with really bad interface and weird camera issues.

I understand that people want the "complete" experience that was released in Japan for FFX-2I+LM, but honestly if they do decide to skip this, you're really not missing that much. If they do decided to include it though, I do hope they also polish it up and make it something more than just a dodgy curiosity.

Stuart444

I think it might have to do with considering how much work is required to make it on par with the rest of the HD release. Last Mission was really janky to begin with, even on FFX-2I+LM. It always felt like some unpolished beta with really bad interface and weird camera issues.

I understand that people want the "complete" experience that was released in Japan for FFX-2I+LM, but honestly if they do decide to skip this, you're really not missing that much. If they do decided to include it though, I do hope they also polish it up and make it something more than just a dodgy curiosity.

I'd be happy with just the cutscenes to be honest but ah well.

if it's that janky, including it would ensure 1. delay for us and 2. if they polished it up, it wouldn't even be out this year :/

So in other words, they lost the source data. Japanese companies are so crazy with this.

I don't get why this is such a problem. Bluepoint games have commented that they do their (excellent) HD remasters with the code that is literally on a retail PS2 disc. Why don't the others use the same methods?

Is the complete remastering of some parts like prerendered backrounds harder in that case or what? SH HD collection has no excuse tho.

Soriku

Might be for the best considering they would have to localize and voice stuff before it comes out here and I don't think many will like the idea of waiting after the Japanese gets it first while we have to wait for the last mission stuff to be finished.

If they wanted it out this year with the last mission stuff, they would need to have decided + start voicing it within the next few months I would think.

That's like saying people should be happy about SE (hypothetically) not adding in the Final Mix versions of KH to the Remixes because there'd be more localization work to be done.

Umm...no. We should be able to get the complete experience. I doubt many people are going to whine about a late release if they SE are making sure they add in everything. There'd be more whining if SE jipped us out of that content, in a rerelease no less.

alexein

Square just add Last mission for god sake.
You do a remake of the games just give us the complete version.
Dont procrastinate,its a fucking hd collection its just to make money like all the remake add something more that not a lot of people have played, its called a plus value and will make you sell a lot more.

SykoTech

Really?

Well, guess I'll just be grateful that they didn't do this with the Final Mix content for the Kingdom Hearts Collection.

The animation system in the battle system and how it prioritizes is completely broken in X-2.
No it's not. Interrupts are a feature, not a bug.

I adore FFXII, but I would absolutely argue that the way FFXII has certain effects-heavy spells that prevent any other spells from being cast while they're animating (but don't prevent physical attacks from occurring) is far more broken.

As for Last Mission, I'm okay with not getting it since it's not very fun anyway and I understand that localizing it would be a ton of effort.

I just hope that additional voiced content in KH2:FM (extra scenes with Xemnas, Saix, and Xigbar) and KH:BBS:FM (Aqua's secret chapter) gets voiced in the eventual KH 2.5 Remix, though I'd be surprised if it weren't; the entire KH series' voice cast seems to have a pretty active relationship with Squeenix, save for Billy Zane and whoever voiced Aerith in KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom