• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess from the looks of it, the pre-rendered areas will be cropped.

Anyway, another comparison (top-PS2 Widescreen, bottom-HD):

GkKtlee.jpg

otq3N0v.jpg

I got excited when I found out X-2 would be included, but I realized I still own the game and a PS2.

Someone clue me into the HD remake appeal again? Not trying to be that tool or anything, it just hasn't clicked and I still kind of want to be hyped for some reason.

Hopefully these 2 games have full trophy lists and a platinum too. They're too long to be given the PSN 10 trophy treatment.

Have you played any HD Collections? Of course they will, probably 4 platinums in total even (X and X-2 on both PS3 and Vita). It's not like we're talking about cheap and dirty Capcom ports here.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got excited when I found out X-2 would be included, but I realized I still own the game and a PS2.

Someone clue me into the HD remake appeal again? Not trying to be that tool or anything, it just hasn't clicked and I still kind of want to be hyped for some reason.

They both include the international content.

Fruitster

Lulu does not disappoint.

Gaaaahhhhh when can I buy this fucking game? As dumb as it probably sounds, this is my most anticipated game right now.

I feel the same. As much as i'm looking forward to playing X and X-2 again, it's a sad state of affairs when a 10 year old game excites more than new or future releases.

Seda

Okay the EU blog states international content and the NA blog does not.

Please tell me I am being paranoid.

Dinda

If there is one thing that i could wish for in this remaster, it would be to change the character displayed on the field.
Playing as Lulu would be so much more appealing than with Tidus.

Will never happen of course.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Character fashion choices are still terrible, but the game itself looks great.
Tidus' face is vastly improved. So hyped for this shit.

Pooya

if FF12 gets similar treatment, it would look better than anything SE put out this gen...

I hope they look into that.

Mr.Fresh

if FF12 gets similar treatment, it would look better than anything SE put out this gen...

I hope they look into that.

I hope they wait and do it on PS4 now. Do it at the beginning of the gen in the first year and it will sell a shit load. Maybe even more then the GOW collection. Imagine FFXII on the Vita though.

Durante

The aliasing isn't the point as much as the drastically improved textures in the remaster.
Yeah, I pointed that out on page 1 - and it's not just the textures either. Still no reason to post a stretched shot. Have you ever wondered why stretched rhymes with retched?

Cloudy

Banned
Will this game let you transfer your saves btw ps3 and vita? That would be awesome and ensure a double-dip from me

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, I pointed that out on page 1 - and it's not just the textures either. Still no reason to post a stretched shot. Have you ever wondered why stretched rhymes with retched?

Well... that's a pretty lame rhyme, at best, but it's still a valid point.

Seriously, people. Don't post stretched shots. And turn off the stretch feature on your TV. I don't care if I can't actually see it, it still pisses me off.

Westlo

Was kinda on the fence about getting this... but the inclusion of X-2 (which I only managed to get a few hours in... think I got it right before I got World of Warcraft... so it never had a chance) made it a lock, looks really good.

Dat lulu.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
If XII gets the same treatment, I'll stop bashing SE for good.
Not digging the stretched out water image backing "HD Remaster" in the logo. Would look much better without it.

ULTROS!

Remaster
http://www.abload.de/img/ljnoctio9ojk.jpg[img]

PCSX2
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/ff105puhc.png[img][/QUOTE]

I have better shots though ^_^: [url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51081636&postcount=145[/url]

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The new Wakka model isn't really that far off from his X-2 version. I wonder if they used that as a base.

Can't wait to see how FFX-2 looks. Makes me wonder if they will do any model improvements on that one.

And well, it was a game designed around, shall we say, alluring visuals to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom