• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Comparison:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/14641

Shows that they did at least some small geometry tweaks to the environments as well. And greatly increased environment texture fidelity, at least in that area -- I'm embarrassed that I wasn't sure about that from the start :p.

What I really love is that they improved the transparent vegetation sprites immensely. Low-res transparent sprites in place of geometry are very often the worst blemish on high-res renders of old games.

Fdkn

I hope they wait and do it on PS4 now. Do it at the beginning of the gen in the first year and it will sell a shit load. Maybe even more then the GOW collection. Imagine FFXII on the Vita though.

My personal experience says that the average joe hates XII (and X-2) so I can't really see it selling good.

I may be wrong tho.

being honest. i started over X twice and stopped right before the last boss battle. i'll try to finish X. i stopped 35 hours in with X-2. it was very close to the end of the game of that too. LOL

The idea of replaying X and X-2 with full trophy support and it not looking like garbage on my HD TV has me really excited. It isn't often I end up looking forward to a game this much, which is kind of telling I guess to both SE's output this gen as well as the general state of releases when it comes to my tastes.

These are likely to be my first and second platinum trophies out of the 150+ ps3/vita games currently on my accounts trophy list and I am not sure how to feel about that.

Shadow780

Dodge 400 lightning bolts.

dodge 999 lightning bolts.

On your first try.

i6HFueB2wG80n.gif

ebil

Okay the EU blog states international content and the NA blog does not.

Please tell me I am being paranoid.
Considering doing separate versions for both territories would be more work than releasing the same game everywhere, I don't see them doing that. :p

Shahed

Is it me or does it seem like that paid particular attention to Lulu? I mean Auron and Wakka have their improvements, but Lule in terms of the dress, hair and necklace is more noticeable. Or is it just that particular shot?

Hopefully these 2 games have full trophy lists and a platinum too. They're too long to be given the PSN 10 trophy treatment.

It will have Platinum. And good luck with that one if the game requires 100%! Trophy hunter nightmare...

Hobbun

Not really since it doesn't feature all the added content in the int. version.

So when they did the Piggyback guide for the International version, it wasn't complete?

No matter. But just out of curiosity, what information is missing? If it’s spoilers, go ahead (just spoiler it for others).

Day fucking one!

I played X and beat it, don't remember much aside from loving Blitzball.

I played X-2 for a TINY bit, liked what I saw but never got back to it.

Shinta

Banned
This and Kingdom Hearts HD really look amazing. Best HD upgrades ever possibly, along with Okami HD.

Going to get them for PS3 and Vita for sure.

Remaster
ljnoctio9ojk.jpg

PCSX2
ff105puhc.png

The environment textures are lightyears better in the remaster. Holy shit. And the character models too have been redone. Wow !

Thank you based Square !!

DON YAY !

edit: shit, I mean Day One. :)

edit2: I wish Lulu's shitmark had been wiped off her face. :(

rjc571

Banned
Comparison:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/14641

Shows that they did at least some small geometry tweaks to the environments as well. And greatly increased environment texture fidelity, at least in that area -- I'm embarrassed that I wasn't sure about that from the start :p.

What I really love is that they improved the transparent vegetation sprites immensely. Low-res transparent sprites in place of geometry are very often the worst blemish on high-res renders of old games.

So I was wrong about it looking exactly the same, but it still isn't much of an improvement. It looks like how the game might've looked if they ported it to the original Xbox. Hardly worthy of being called a "remake".

Shahed

I did almost everything once before, I can do it again!

Please no dodge lightning trophy

Lightning Bolt is child's play in comparison to the real problem. You never played the International release. Have fun with maxing stats and beating the Dark Aeon;s (Penance in particular!). Did you ever get 10 of each monster?

prwxv3

So I was wrong about it looking exactly the same, but it still isn't much of an improvement. It looks like how the game might've looked if they ported it to the original Xbox. Hardly worthy of being called a "remake".

what are wrong with your eyes?

Aeana

It's not called a remake.

Shadow780

Lightning Bolt is child's play in comparison to the real problem. You never played the International release. Have fun with maxing stats and beating the Dark Aeon;s (Penance in particular!). Did you ever get 10 of each monster?

Grinding was never hard for me, lightning dodge on the other hand....I choked so much when it's 175+

And that was when I had a whole day to burn JRPGs.

Durante

Hardly worthy of being called a "remake".
Is anyone doing that? Even the official logo says "HD Remaster".

However, it looks like a top-tier HD remaster. Full widescreen support, greatly improved character models, improved environment textures, higher quality CG scenes.

jaxword

The contrast between the S-E praise in this thread and the S-E hatred in the FF5 remake thread is pretty amazing.

One has people saying they're vomiting, the other they're becoming orgasmically happy.

Aeana

The contrast between the S-E praise in this thread and the S-E hatred in the FF5 remake thread is pretty amazing.

One has people saying they're vomiting, the other they're becoming orgasmically happy.
It just shows that SE is capable of giving people what they want, but they have a hard time figuring it out sometimes.

McNum

I did almost everything once before, I can do it again!

Please no dodge lightning trophy
Actually, I'd love to have a
dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row
trophy. I wouldn't have to count, then, just wait for the trophy to pop up.

Shahed

Grinding was never hard for me, lightning dodge on the other hand....

I'm never a fan of grinding. Lightning Bolt's problem is that it's monotonous and you have to concentrate for so long. Butterfly is easy with a map. Chocobo Baloon requires a bit of luck with starting positions but's still not that hard.

It's the grinding for stats and especially Monster Catching that gets to me

Shinta

Banned
I want a FF13 UHD remaster on PC now.

That would be insane.

Is anyone doing that? Even the official logo says "HD Remaster".

However, it looks like a top-tier HD remaster. Full widescreen support, greatly improved character models, improved environment textures, higher quality CG scenes.

Kingdom Hearts also has rerecorded music. This game might.

Then there's the extra content from the international editions and final mixes too.

Suairyu

Banned
And the real problem of the real problem is that the dark aeons block the way to some of the ultimate weapons that would really help against them.

Takao

Banned

It would be pretty hard to make Final Fantasy X look like it was made in RPG Maker.

jaxword

Square is bipolar.

So's the fandom, it would seem...one day they're the worst company ever, the next all is forgiven, and then tomorrow when they announce FF6 for phones it'll be back to worst company, childhood destroyed, and then FF7 HD they're back to being loved again.

FF15 will, of course, divide everyone back to worst/best FF ever.

Gonna be quite a ride for the next few years.

Shadow780

And the real problem of the real problem is that the dark aeons block the way to some of the ultimate weapons that would really help against them.

I remembered only needing Wakka's weapon, and let Rikku keep dying.

So's the fandom, it would seem...one day they're the worst company ever, the next all is forgiven, and then tomorrow when they announce FF6 for phones it'll be back to worst, and then FF7 HD they're back to being loved again.

People, in their heart to heart, still wants to love Square.

Rootbeer

Banned
Tidus has an MJ nose now -__-

Looks 'better' but I'm just not sure I want to replay it again. Give me a FF XII remaster and we'll talk. Probably won't happen but I'd love a IX remaster, too. They are probably saving that one for a future handheld remake I bet.

I'm getting the KH 1.5 and 2.5 though.

Shinta

Banned
So's the fandom, it would seem...one day they're the worst company ever, the next all is forgiven, and then tomorrow when they announce FF6 for phones it'll be back to worst, and then FF7 HD they're back to being loved again.

FF15 will, of course, divide everyone back to worst/best FF ever.

Yeah, it's crazy-town. You would think people would just realize they're an extremely talented company that has had a few rough patches and not be so dramatic about it. But noooo ...

Tidus looks more feminine and less bronze.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this collection. This will be the first time I buy an HD remaster of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom