• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

bardia

Re bought the game for Xbox 360 yesterday. Going to start a new character over again on Fairy and play with some gaffers (my favorite part of the game was always early levels/quests etc). I played for 5-6 years and killed all the HNMs except PW and AV so I'm not into looking for that kind of thing again, just going to relax and take it easy until FF14 comes out :)

Tabris said:
Now get to work on replacing all that armour :)

Joyeuse/Mach+1 (Get Atonement through Nyzul)
Terror Shield
Aegish (I assume that's Aegish so that's OK)
Ares Cuirass/I.R. Harness/ACP Body
Homam Hands/I.R. Hands
Homam Legs/I.R. Legs

:lol

:(

Raoh

:(

SE Customer Reps dont want to give my my account info.. i have two accounts but only have the info for one of them..

the one i need has all my gil and high end gear..

i got to see if i can figure out which credit card i used or if i can find my registration codes...

my ps3's were stolen 2 xmas's ago and my ps2 ffxi discs were too, the info was in that case.....

square enix hate me..

Rawk Hawk

May not really be on a whole lot today, will depend on what I end up doing after work. But Friday after work and most of Saturday I am free and would like to do some EXPing on my (gimped) BRD. Any interest?

Anno

I haven't really gamed MMOs since I quit EQ1 in 2007 after having played since launch. I'd love to get back into it again with a group of cool dudes, but is this really the place? I've been told before that FFXI is one of the last bastions of old-school (grind mobs, not quests) MMO's out there; is it possible to still get into it at this point and get real enjoyment from it? Anyone else start because of this thread?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Anno said:
I haven't really gamed MMOs since I quit EQ1 in 2007 after having played since launch. I'd love to get back into it again with a group of cool dudes, but is this really the place? I've been told before that FFXI is one of the last bastions of old-school (grind mobs, not quests) MMO's out there; is it possible to still get into it at this point and get real enjoyment from it? Anyone else start because of this thread?
This is actually a great time except for the whole FFXIV thing. One of the biggest advantages long-time players had was multiple jobs at level cap. Now, they'll have to focus on one. And with your MMO experience, you'll be caught up with them (on one job) by the time the new caps hit.
One positive about it being old is that there's a lot to see, and it's all new to you.
Sadly, it seems like they're moving more towards quest grinds with this year's expansions. (upgrading gear through "augments" gained through quests) The mini-expansions from last year were very WoW-like, too. The plus side of both is that they'll help level the playing field in terms of gear.
Also, Tabris makes me glad I left Phoenix.

Terproerg

man i really want to get back into this game. Is farming still as slow as ever? i use to play it back when 70 was caps and stuff lol.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Terproerg said:
man i really want to get back into this game. Is farming still as slow as ever? i use to play it back when 70 was caps and stuff lol.
They added big eva and def boosts to Signet. They let you go with more of a DD build solo. There's also practically no downtime with Dancer sub.

Teknoman

Terproerg said:

Well doing stuff like Campaign and Besieged at that level nets you some nice bazaar items. An AFK bazaar and you'll have a good 10-20k in no time.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So, yet another pain in the fucking ass.

I bought the Ultimate Collection for 360, as I said on the last page. I reactivated my old PlayOnline ID that I've had since the game came out on PS2. At some point, I entered the Ultimate Collection registration code from the back of the manual.

However, Wings of the Goddess and all three add-on scenarios are faded out on the FFXI title screen. I then go into the expanded services area (Content ID > Register ID) and I click Wings of the Goddess and then "next". It asks me to enter a code and the only code I was given was the Ultimate Collection code. Nothing specific for each expansion that it came with. I enter that and it says it's not valid.

I already have the first three expansions registered to this PlayOnline ID so that's why they're working fine. Zilart was registered because it came with FFXI on PS2 when it was first released. And both Promathia and Aht Urhgan came with FFXI on 360.

So continuing the way I've updated in the past, this Ultimate Collection should then give me access to Wings and the three add-ons.

But nothing. What the hell?

ashism

Okay, finally sorted through all my steam and windows 7 troubles. A CLEAN registry uninstall and reinstall seemed to fix it.

Before I make a sweet galka, anyone down for a gold pass/recruitment thingy?
Not sure what it grants these days, but if someone wants to goof around with it, I'll bite.

omg rite said:
So, yet another pain in the fucking ass.

I bought the Ultimate Collection for 360, as I said on the last page. I reactivated my old PlayOnline ID that I've had since the game came out on PS2. At some point, I entered the Ultimate Collection registration code from the back of the manual.

However, Wings of the Goddess and all three add-on scenarios are faded out on the FFXI title screen. I then go into the expanded services area (Content ID > Register ID) and I click Wings of the Goddess and then "next". It asks me to enter a code and the only code I was given was the Ultimate Collection code. Nothing specific for each expansion that it came with. I enter that and it says it's not valid.

I already have the first three expansions registered to this PlayOnline ID so that's why they're working fine. Zilart was registered because it came with FFXI on PS2 when it was first released. And both Promathia and Aht Urhgan came with FFXI on 360.

So continuing the way I've updated in the past, this Ultimate Collection should then give me access to Wings and the three add-ons.

But nothing. What the hell?

Try re-entering the code like you were gonna buy a new expansion. It probably just called up your old stuff without registering the new one.

demigod

Anyone starting a new account and plan on playing for a while, PM me please and I'll get you a gold pass so we can get items later!

ZeoVGM

Banned
pancakesandsex said:
Try re-entering the code like you were gonna buy a new expansion. It probably just called up your old stuff without registering the new one.

Wait, where would I re-enter that?

demonkaze

So I really want to play with the gaf crew, returned on friday and Ragnarok is really boring now. Is it worth me world shifting to Fairy?

hgplayer1

demonkaze said:
So I really want to play with the gaf crew, returned on friday and Ragnarok is really boring now. Is it worth me world shifting to Fairy?

If you want to play with the gaf crew then yeah its worth transferring.Everyone on Fairy will be on Sylph in a week or so anyway.

Teknoman

Screenshot time:

143fivn.png

2ldimio.png

21o7ebt.png

ancxed.png

5fjfnk.png

zyggv4.png

2e6c5rl.png

ithorien

So I'm stuck.

Trying to reactivate, but the new brilliant system they have in place won't take my cards. Tried Discover, tried Mastercard but it says not eligible for the secure code thing.

I don't have anything else I can use, anyone else have this problem reactivating?

EDIT- NVM, used one of my wife's cards and it miraculously went through.

ashism

Finally online and character created.
Name is Ashisem. Galka in Bastok.

I will shoot a whisper to someone in a couple levels after warming up. But if anyone catches me beforehand and wants to hook me up with a shell, I would love that.

Anno

Well I went ahead and took the plunge. Apparently there is a long Steam download and install, so I probably won't be in game until tomorrow. I'd love to game with the GAF crew, if nothing else for cool people to talk to as I level up, though if you ever get bored and want to sync down to help a lowly newb that'd be fun too. With as much crazy stuff as it seems like this game has, I'm sure I'll need it.

B.K.

I'm getting ready to get on for the night. If someone is around and has some free time to help with the Ninja job quest, send me a message in game.

B.K.

Nevermind. I don't need any help. I didn't read the quest description close enough. I have to go to Norg. I can't do that yet. I don't have an airship pass.

B.K. said:
Nevermind. I don't need any help. I didn't read the quest description close enough. I have to go to Norg. I can't do that yet. I don't have an airship pass.

What level are you? Kazaam keys are easy to get.

Mariner

Argh, my heart is telling me to resubscribe to experience the final days of Fairy. My brain knows I don't need to though. ;)

Koshiba

I'm pondering starting a new character on Fairy now till FF14 comes out but I'm not sure.. I've kept my FFXI account active but I haven't played and I don't really know a whole lot of people still active anymore on my current server Alexander but I don't feel like paying the money to transfer either. Hmm..

Velion

Koshiba said:
I'm pondering starting a new character on Fairy now till FF14 comes out but I'm not sure.. I've kept my FFXI account active but I haven't played and I don't really know a whole lot of people still active anymore on my current server Alexander but I don't feel like paying the money to transfer either. Hmm..
What Job/Levels is your char on Alexander?

Anno

Well I'm in. Character name is Daggin, a human Bostokian. I started as monk, kinda liked it, and am now trying out a Red Mage. Hybrid support characters are usually what I gravitate to so I'll probably stick with that for now. Needless to say the game itself is rather overwhelming, even for someone who played EQ1 from its inception. It took me 10 minutes to successfully move my character :lol I think I have everything configured correctly now and I'm off to kill some river crabs.

Velion

Koshiba said:
75THF, 75COR, 75SAM and other random levels. :lol
Then thats really worth a transfer imo. $25 is what 2 months? you prob wouldn't be able to get a char up to that level (plus missions and so on) in 2 months.

B.K.

Getting to Norg is harder than I thought it would be. I've tried five or six times and keep getting killed. I can ALMOST make it, but the Ghasts in the last room keep killing me. Now, I've lost so much experience I'm about to level down if I die again. Guess it's time to find a party and gain a few levels tomorrow.

B.K. said:
Getting to Norg is harder than I thought it would be. I've tried five or six times and keep getting killed. I can ALMOST make it, but the Ghasts in the last room keep killing me. Now, I've lost so much experience I'm about to level down if I die again. Guess it's time to find a party and gain a few levels tomorrow.

Crap you should have said something, I didn't know you were dying on it. You should use sneak items to get in. There is a chocobo guy inside so don't worry too much about the way out. I can slaughter everything in your way or something too sometime.

B.K.

pancakesandsex said:
Crap you should have said something, I didn't know you were dying on it. You should use sneak items to get in. There is a chocobo guy inside so don't worry too much about the way out. I can slaughter everything in your way or something too sometime.

I don't like asking for help. I used almost an entire stack of Prism Powder trying to get there.

Hey when we merge and the ls breaks again does anyone else wanna make the new shell or do you want me to do it again?

I've got no hangups if you guys want someone else to make it, I'll pay for it even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom