• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Mandoric said:
It's pretty easy, just annoying. Install MotionInJoy normally, then press F8 while booting and select "disable driver signing"; it'll stick until next reboot, even if you sleep/hibernate. I only have to remember to do it every few months.

Disabling driver signing sounds risky to me. I don't want to do it.

Mandoric

Banned
B.K. said:
Disabling driver signing sounds risky to me. I don't want to do it.

It's not risky at all. If you don't want to, you don't have to, but the signed driver check is solely there to deal with the flood of shitty legacy drivers that crash like mad and give Windows a reputation for bluescreening, and there are very very few such issues with the MotionInJoy driver.
It's about half a step beyond clicking yes on the UAC box that warns you when you go to install a new program.

Desi

Sylph Auction house is higher than Qbird(server I am currently on) and Fairy. have to buy my Haub now before prices jump.

RainbowByte

Neo Member
totally tempted to transfer from valefor -> kujata, and make mules my existing character's valefor names to force a name change when they roll the non-mules on kujata -> valefor.
Is my logic flawed with this plan??

Desi

i am on fairy now. who should i talk too?

name: Desiderus bard 75, blu 70, drg 64 i've been having connection problems all day. dont know what's up.

demigod

RainbowByte said:
totally tempted to transfer from valefor -> kujata, and make mules my existing character's valefor names to force a name change when they roll the non-mules on kujata -> valefor.
Is my logic flawed with this plan??

Why pay for a transfer? Buy a new content ID or delete your current mule character, make a new character on Valefor with your current character's name and you can just change that one when it gets merged.

B.K.

Mandoric said:
It's not risky at all.

So it's completely safe? You don't have to worry about some programs or viruses installing drivers? I might take that controller back tomorrow and get a refund. That would be $25 back. That's two months of game time.

Shouta

DarthWufei said:
Great so now all the PUP items I need are gonna be overcamped.

Aw, shit I should go camp some of the items I need before it all goes batshit insane. Hazmat here I come.

Mandoric

Banned
B.K. said:
So it's completely safe? You don't have to worry about some programs or viruses installing drivers? I might take that controller back tomorrow and get a refund. That would be $25 back. That's two months of game time.

Signature checking only checks that the driver's approved by Microsoft; there's still a UAC check before install to make sure it's approved by you. Any virus that can make it through the "do you want to install this driver" question could just as easily make it through "do you want to trust this signing authority" question and just sign itself.

Edit: For that matter, you could also sign -just- the MotionInJoy driver yourself. It's kind of a pain in the ass and needs to be done once per computer, though.

Shouta said:
Aw, shit I should go camp some of the items I need before it all goes batshit insane. Hazmat here I come.
Yeah, I'm camping Hazmat at the moment, there's no one here thank god. I still need those accuracy pup/dnc pants, waiting for my buddy to hop on for those. I might solo though.

I still need a faith torque though, I dunno why I ever gave up on that. :|

Shouta said:
What accu pants? Using Vendor slops/Herders Subligar at the moment.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Surge_Subligar
Surge_Subligar.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
So I bought the Ultimate Collection for 360 and tried to sign up but my gamertag is already linked to a PlayOnline ID from like 3 years ago. And I can't find my ID or password.

I e-mailed Square to see if they can help me out but is there ANY other way around it? What a pain in the ass.

omg rite said:
So I bought the Ultimate Collection for 360 and tried to sign up but my gamertag is already linked to a PlayOnline ID from like 3 years ago. And I can't find my ID or password.

I e-mailed Square to see if they can help me out but is there ANY other way around it? What a pain in the ass.

It's a pain to get S-E to help you with it, I had that problem (turned out it wasn't the password but region conflict with my windows and POL), you will need chat with someone from customer support and give S-E these informations to get it back.

1) POL ID
2) Full real name
3) Date of birth
4) Address
5) POL registration code
6) First 4 and last 4 digits of the credit card being used to pay for the account

ZeoVGM

Banned
IonicSnake said:
It's a pain to get S-E to help you with it, I had that problem (turned out it wasn't the password but region conflict with my windows and POL), you will need chat with someone from customer support and give S-E these informations to get it back.

1) POL ID
2) Full real name
3) Date of birth
4) Address
5) POL registration code
6) First 4 and last 4 digits of the credit card being used to pay for the account

Thanks, but I actually figured it out. I played FFXI on PS2 and then on 360 and I thought I had restarted with a completely new POL ID on 360 but apparently I used my PS2 information.

I dug up my PS2 login and password and figured I would give it a try and it worked!

Last login: 5/18/2006. :lol

I checked out the PlayOnline chats. ... There's like 6 open. And they're named things like "pedo.sks.young.f.anal" and "18m.sks.rape.by.dg(rp)".

WHAT THE FUCK.

Nakazato

omg rite said:
Thanks, but I actually figured it out. I played FFXI on PS2 and then on 360 and I thought I had restarted with a completely new POL ID on 360 but apparently I used my PS2 information.

I dug up my PS2 login and password and figured I would give it a try and it worked!

Last login: 5/18/2006. :lol

I checked out the PlayOnline chats. ... There's like 6 open. And they're named things like "pedo.sks.young.f.anal" and "18m.sks.rape.by.dg(rp)".

WHAT THE FUCK.
:lol :lol

most people just use the chats to cyber

Tabris

5/5 Usukane is going to be awesome for A Hand-to-Hand PUP :)

Going to start leveling PUP this weekend. Still won't be good for events where you need lower enemy TP gain like Salvage but it will own in meripo's and such.

I'm already 2/5 on PUP AF2 too lol and I didn't even intend to level PUP, just thought it would look cool on a mannequin and no one else wanted.

Shouta

Tabris said:
5/5 Usukane is going to be awesome for A Hand-to-Hand PUP :)

Going to start leveling PUP this weekend. Still won't be good for events where you need lower enemy TP gain like Salvage but it will own in meripo's and such.

I'm already 2/5 on PUP AF2 too lol and I didn't even intend to level PUP, just thought it would look cool on a mannequin and no one else wanted.

Welcome to the fold. Hope you're ready to keep even more gear in your mog and to spend big money on attachments, the good ones anyway. Also, pick up the Inferno Claws when it drops.

Also, start camping some NMs because there's some sick gear for PUPs that drops now, Spurrer Beret, Promptitude Solea etc.

Tabris

Shouta said:
Welcome to the fold. Hope you're ready to keep even more gear in your mog and to spend big money on attachments, the good ones anyway. Also, pick up the Inferno Claws when it drops.

Also, start camping some NMs because there's some sick gear for PUPs that drops now, Spurrer Beret, Promptitude Solea etc.

I have 5/5 Usukane. Promptitude Solea would be useless in comparison to Usukane Sune-Ate. Spurrer Beret would be debateable between Usukane Set Bonus and Pet 5% haste. Especially since it's not snapshot but haste, so would only affect the Valoredge puppet.

Do you have any other suggestions though? Assuming I don't want a magic attack build which I know can be powerful but is too much effort when you don't have mage jobs to get all the required equipment.

Raoh

IonicSnake said:

1) POL ID
2) Full real name
3) Date of birth
4) Address
5) POL registration code

how do i contact them, i'm not seeing a way to get a rep in their knowledge base.

i have 2 accounts under one billing but i only have the info for one of them..

Shouta

Tabris said:
I have 5/5 Usukane. Promptitude Solea would be useless in comparison to Usukane Sune-Ate. Spurrer Beret would be debateable between Usukane Set Bonus and Pet 5% haste. Especially since it's not snapshot but haste, so would only affect the Valoredge puppet.

Do you have any other suggestions though? Assuming I don't want a magic attack build which I know can be powerful but is too much effort when you don't have mage jobs to get all the required equipment.

Promptitude Solea is level 60, you can use that while leveling. Spurrer Beret would be good for both the Valoredge and Sharpshot. Sharpshot's TP building comes from its melees, not its ranged attacks. The faster your Sharpshot melees, the faster it'll be able to gather TP for Arcuballista/Daze/Armor Piercer. Only way you can affect ranged shot speed with the Sharpshot (aside from using the correct head) is to use the Drum Magazine attachment but that lowers accuracy significantly.

You don't need a magic attack build personally, you'll need a simple INT build to put you over your Automaton's INT, then get whatever pet MAB/MACCU you can get (PUP AF2 pants, feet, Mirke, then the proper attachments).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any sec (hour) now...

BoFPEQbUF.png

I really, really miss my Organics... going to be a pleasure using it again, sweet, sweet sword.

XQatwetJT.png

F-Organics.jpg

Teknoman

So...has anyone gotten banned for using windower...ever? I'll use it if I can still get the proper full screen ratio and gamma yet still be able to minimize.

ashism

Steam version of FFXI + Windows 7. Cannot launch into the game from POL.
hmm, anyone else have this problem?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Teknoman said:
So...has anyone gotten banned for using windower...ever? I'll use it if I can still get the proper full screen ratio and gamma yet still be able to minimize.
Waaaaay back in the days, I remember some friend told me his friend got banned for using it. Then again, this dude probably ran around in Jeuno informing everyone by shouting that he's got windower.

Yoshichan

ashism said:
Steam version of FFXI + Windows 7. Cannot launch into the game from POL.
hmm, anyone else have this problem?
Did you download PlayOnline manually? Apparently the Playonline viewer you get from the disc doesn't work on Windows 7.

http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/polus/setup.exe

^ Link for the US PlayOnline Viewer. (It's very important to download the right version, if you're using EU FFXI, it won't work with US PO-viewer).

Teknoman

Yoshichan said:
Waaaaay back in the days, I remember some friend told me his friend got banned for using it. Then again, this dude probably ran around in Jeuno informing everyone by shouting that he's got windower.

Hmm...reason why im asking is because I fraps record battles alot and upload them on youtube. Dunno if windower info gets recorded as well since its not really part of the software, but dont want any incriminating evidence.

runlikehell said:
I really want to have a go at this game again before FFXIV, but can't find a shop with the 2008 edition for 360 in the UK :(

Just go ahead and get the ultimate edition.

Yoshichan

25 minutes left... OH BOY.

Yoshichan

Nakazato said:
then a 35 min install process :lol
Son of a b...! Always seem to forget about the extra crap that's needed :(

*continues browsing old FFXI pictures*

Nakazato

Yoshichan said:
Son of a b...! Always seem to forget about the extra crap that's needed :(

*continues browsing old FFXI pictures*
/comfort

Im going start back up soon as well. I remember when i st bought the game those 6 years ago it took me 35 hours to download everything (dail up) didnt get to play till 2 days later :lol

Teknoman

Nakazato said:
/comfort

Im going start back up soon as well. I remember when i st bought the game those 6 years ago it took me 35 hours to download everything (dail up) didnt get to play till 2 days later :lol

Same here.

Any update on what time the server merge is taking place? I remember hearing March 3rd, but not when.

EDIT: NM, its when the update takes place. I could've left my items up :lol

Nakazato

Teknoman said:
Same here.

Any update on what time the server merge is taking place? I remember hearing March 3rd, but not when.

EDIT: NM, its when the update takes place. I could've left my items up :lol
next version update i think the middle of the month

Yoshichan

Is it okay to cry out of nostalgia?

OPPISBXrf.png

I'm back honey ;_;

Tabris

Now get to work on replacing all that armour :)

Joyeuse/Mach+1 (Get Atonement through Nyzul)
Terror Shield
Aegish (I assume that's Aegish so that's OK)
Ares Cuirass/I.R. Harness/ACP Body
Homam Hands/I.R. Hands
Homam Legs/I.R. Legs

Yoshichan

Not a chance I'll be able to get that :lol I'm having a really hard time figuring out everything... my macros are all gone. Super confused about gear, my mail box etc... ugh. I need some time.

Kandinsky

Tabris said:
Now get to work on replacing all that armour :)

Joyeuse/Mach+1 (Get Atonement through Nyzul)
Terror Shield
Aegish (I assume that's Aegish so that's OK)
Ares Cuirass/I.R. Harness/ACP Body
Homam Hands/I.R. Hands
Homam Legs/I.R. Legs
OMG STFU already!:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom