• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrForester said:
Man they're going to ruin the game.

99 level cap? They seriously want us to do 25 more levels? Level 63-75 takes as much experience as 1-63. How long will it take people to get up to 99? Especially with every person in the game fighting for exp spots.
Its FFXI's last hurah, time to go crazy!

Teknoman

DrForester said:
Man they're going to ruin the game.

99 level cap? They seriously want us to do 25 more levels? Level 63-75 takes as much experience as 1-63. How long will it take people to get up to 99? Especially with every person in the game fighting for exp spots.

They are raising the cap one bit at a time. First is lvl 80 in March. And they are adding new monsters/more monsters to areas, as well as removing the lvl cap from some CoP areas.

EDIT: Actually its in June, twitter updated saying that was an error on the site.

Deku

Banned
3 level cap increases, entire new parallel worlds from the 3 add-on expansions with what seems like super difficult monsters, probably to match the lvl 99 cap.

I wouldn't freak out just yet.

And bets are old/existing events will all be capped at 75 with maybe the exception of campaign.

Desi

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! fuck it. the two year break is finally over. I am coming back. I'll be on the gaf server by the first week of march. need to finish chains of promanthia and find out what new things i have to get for bard.

Forbiden

Nif said:
Um, did they say what would happen if two people have the same name on the newly merged servers?
I don't think they said but chances are that the person from the server that's being merged will get the short end of the stick and have to change his/her name.

Desi

Teknoman said:
I dunno whether to tell people to go to Fairy or Slyph. Also glad no one on Slyph has my name.
so they are merging fairy into slyph? what time is this happening?

Ravidrath

Man, I haven't played in a while, but I think all this madness piqued my interest.

Good thing I was laid off last week, I guess? :p

Nakazato

im so hyped about the update im willing to go back

Edit: looks like im not going back ; ; cant find pol passwords

EDIT 2 FOUND IT :)

C to A for pups is a :D

I've been waiting along time for that. Reactivating soon. Prob tonight or tomorrow. :D

Looks like soloing to lev 99 is out of the question lol. Prob going to be 500k exp lol.

Salaadin

Whydo they have to do this for PUP now that I quit? I loved that job and it was the only one I stuck it out with long enough with to hit 75. Id come back in a heartbeat if I didnt sell all my gear and give away all my gil.

The thought of having an A in H2H is so sexy though.

Nakazato

FML I cant get my avy back

You did not use FINAL FANTASY XI services before canceling your PlayOnline account.
You are not eligible for this service.

am i fucked gaf ; ;

Deku

Banned
Here's their content map for the next year

5d_1845en2.jpg

And about Abyssea

Abyssea is a parallel world existing beside Vana'diel. A land fraught with perils, Abyssea is home to savage hordes of heretofore unseen creatures. Ferocious, towering NMs, new-look HNMs—even the garden varieties will confound would-be challengers with their unfamiliar and formidable powers. These and a whole host more await hapless adventurers with open arms and voracious maws.

In Abyssea, concerns such as the over-population of battle areas and the need for large time investments will be a thing of the past. The development team is hard at work creating a world where parties can engage in rewarding battles with powerful foes and collect prized equipment with the least of fuss. The expansive realm of Abyssea will comprise several new areas which will be introduced over the course of three add-ons

Teknoman

inviu1.jpg

swbfxc.jpg

10ygfvd.jpg

PS2 limitations my foot. Glad stuff like this is finally coming, but giant boss enemy variations should've been around awhile ago.

Also Uematsu.

Deku

Banned
Teknoman said:
inviu1.jpg

swbfxc.jpg

10ygfvd.jpg

PS2 limitations my foot. Glad stuff like this is finally coming, but giant boss enemy variations should've been around awhile ago.

Also Uematsu.

I heard game had a 256 zone limit, due to PS2 limitations. This explains why WotG had such gimped zoning and they were releasing them out one at a time.

I wonder if they found a workaround to get the Abyssea zones in.

though I always wanted them to continue to expand the actual landmass to having a full globe of Vana'diel at one point <3

It would be massive from the hints we know, I just like the thought of a complete world more than all the time travel zones, parallel word zones, alternate/dreamworld zones, new stories in old zones etc. etc.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Man, I missed alot of stuff....

Trying to figure out this year's worth of add ons and what they mean.

demigod

Nakazato said:
FML I cant get my avy back

You did not use FINAL FANTASY XI services before canceling your PlayOnline account.
You are not eligible for this service.

am i fucked gaf ; ;

I think you're fucked. Pretty sure you're not supposed to cancel your PlayOnline account.

Lonestar said:
Man, I missed alot of stuff....

Trying to figure out this year's worth of add ons and what they mean.

They mean very little other than the badass gear you get at the end. :lol ACP story is a little confusing, not very exciting. Moogle is cute and funny, Shantotto is pretty cool so far but I'm not that much into it yet.

Desi

SolidusDave said:
though I always wanted them to continue to expand the actual landmass to having a full globe of Vana'diel at one point <3

It would be massive from the hints we know, I just like the thought of a complete world more than all the time travel zones, parallel word zones, alternate/dreamworld zones, new stories in old zones etc. etc.
yes, they should sell a Vana d'iel globe with matching globe for mog house. I would buy day one. kind of sad the world still didn't extent to the far east. not too interested in the orc homeland myself.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Pai Pai Master said:
They mean very little other than the badass gear you get at the end. :lol ACP story is a little confusing, not very exciting. Moogle is cute and funny, Shantotto is pretty cool so far but I'm not that much into it yet.

Nah, I understand those add ons, and I doubt I'd ever purchase them. Was talking about the pictures posted for this Abyssea thing.

Teknoman

Pretty much brand new zones and enemies via mini expansions I guess. Also AF3 seems to be the reward for those mini expansions. Dunno if they'll make you wait for all 3 though.

Just reactivated. I'm not sure if I need a new pearl or not. I'm going to be ingame for about 1hr starting now then later on tonight after the closing ceremonies.

And 1386 files to update lol... 40min :(

Desi said:
yes, they should sell a Vana d'iel globe with matching globe for mog house. I would buy day one. kind of sad the world still didn't extent to the far east. not too interested in the orc homeland myself.

and of course the often teased Mithra homeland! :D

Desi

POL makes some horrible noises when you don't pay your bill.

I haven't played since jun 3, 2008 going by my ffxiAh.com data. my shit better be there.

Nakazato

demigod said:
I think you're fucked. Pretty sure you're not supposed to cancel your PlayOnline account.
I didnt tho :\ i can log into pol

Desi said:
POL makes some horrible noises when you don't pay your bill.

I haven't played since jun 3, 2008 going by my ffxiAh.com data. my shit better be there.
good luck with yours

demigod

CATDAFELIX said:
Just reactivated. I'm not sure if I need a new pearl or not. I'm going to be ingame for about 1hr starting now then later on tonight after the closing ceremonies.

And 1386 files to update lol... 40min :(

You just resubbed for 1 day, lol. Should've waited after billing.

Lonestar said:
Nah, I understand those add ons, and I doubt I'd ever purchase them. Was talking about the pictures posted for this Abyssea thing.

Ah, gotcha.

Abyssea is a parallel world existing beside Vana'diel. A land fraught with perils, Abyssea is home to savage hordes of heretofore unseen creatures. Ferocious, towering NMs, new-look HNMs—even the garden varieties will confound would-be challengers with their unfamiliar and formidable powers. These and a whole host more await hapless adventurers with open arms and voracious maws.

5b_3472.jpg

In Abyssea, concerns such as the over-population of battle areas and the need for large time investments will be a thing of the past. The development team is hard at work creating a world where parties can engage in rewarding battles with powerful foes and collect prized equipment with the least of fuss. The expansive realm of Abyssea will comprise several new areas which will be introduced over the course of three add-ons.

5c_0021.jpg

ashism

How much did that last 3 pack of mini add ons cost?
Trying to decide if it's cheaper to rebuy the collection, or pick up the addons. I plan to start from scratch on either account.

Shouta

SpiderJerusalem said:
So can we get Asuran now? that'll probably still be mnk only huh

Stringing Pummel is better than Asuran as a WS actually. If they don't nerf Stringing, it'll defintiely be better now. :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Noticed they're getting rid of Promathia area level caps. Having worked my butt off to complete that, and get some gear in the capped areas, I feel cheated.

Sea's going to get packed.

ashism said:
How much did that last 3 pack of mini add ons cost?
Trying to decide if it's cheaper to rebuy the collection, or pick up the addons. I plan to start from scratch on either account.

Ultimate Collection was $20 and included all three add-ons.

These are definitely going to be a better value at $10 a pop, considering there'll be new areas.

Nose Master

The CoP cap removal is complete bullshit. Having to muscle through that (pre-nerf) adhering to the level cap, were some of the most frustrating and rewarding moments I've had. And the most fun. Fuck Ouryu. Now some jackass level 75 can solo through what originally took weeks of planning and actual strategy. :(.

PS: Reactivated a buddies account on Ifrit today. Ding 7!

Desi

I keep getting this "Error code: POL-5312 The Square Enix ID, Square Enix password, or one-time password entered is incorrect." whenever I try to log in on my 360. The PS2/ps3 works just fine though. anyone know what's actually the matter?

edit: nevermind I fucked it up for myself. linking accounts together and shiz.

vivin

Wow, I'm gone for a month or so and all this happens!? The chances of me getting a job to max lvl before FFXIV is near nil now :lol. I hope I can pop in game to say hi to everyone, dunno if I'll actually have a lot of free time to do "stuff"

Nose Master said:
The CoP cap removal is complete bullshit. Having to muscle through that (pre-nerf) adhering to the level cap, were some of the most frustrating and rewarding moments I've had. And the most fun. Fuck Ouryu. Now some jackass level 75 can solo through what originally took weeks of planning and actual strategy. :(.

PS: Reactivated a buddies account on Ifrit today. Ding 7!

I doubt they are uncapping the bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom