• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

Mariner said:
Miss playing with you guys. Hope that everything is still going great. :D

You and Fellix should come back and do stuff with us :p.

Omega(Limbus) tomorrow guys, bring echo drops and food.

fernoca

Planning on juming (back) to the Xbox 360 version...
How much space does the Xbox 360 version uses? I have like 30GB left on my 60GB...

Also..if I don't renew after the trial, how much time do I have to renew before they delete my character data?

jiggle

awesome FFXI art in LoV2

ie0ck6.jpg

Mariner

demigod said:
You and Fellix should come back and do stuff with us :p.

Omega(Limbus) tomorrow guys, bring echo drops and food.

I should. :p

I just got laid off at work, so looking for another job. FFXI might make me abandon that duty. :lol

Grats on Omega. :D

Kangaboo

Neo Member
:eek:

What do y'all think some of the new job changes/updates are going to be?

I'm curious to see if SMN will finally get some new avatars. I mean, that knife-headed pony has shown up in Campaign now.

Also, Square has said there's going to be a -big announcement- at the Fanfest at the end of the month.

Guesses?

I'm guessing it will be another expansion. ToA was -almost- finished when they announced WotG & we're kind of in that similar time loop now.

Anywho, I'm excited to see what all pops up/is revealed at the end of the month!

Mandoric said:
Jesus. Last week Sarutabaruta, this week Gustaberg.

Sure feels good finally being 17/17 on outposts.

Any ideas on the method used to capture it? I was thinking of doing some cheap crafting and spamming an area with gear trades on Saturday night. Not sure how much that would actually take.

Mandoric

Banned
pancakesandsex said:
Any ideas on the method used to capture it? I was thinking of doing some cheap crafting and spamming an area with gear trades on Saturday night. Not sure how much that would actually take.

Item spam is the key, but it's apparently best to start early. I think the number is several million, which is easily in line with what an endgame LS can put up if they feel like it.

Gusta is especially vulnerable because of smnburn and just normal leveling in Korroloka, though, I believe. Even if you don't organize anything, all three nations do some serious leveling there, and that reduces the impact of Bastok lv1-10.

Mariner

Kangaboo said:
I'm guessing it will be another expansion. ToA was -almost- finished when they announced WotG & we're kind of in that similar time loop now.

I agree 100%. I think SE will release one more FFXI expansion before the focus moves over to FFXIV. I would expect to see it concentrate on story more and not on new areas to explore.

I would love to see them introduce an expansion that offered tiered rewards. Kind of like a combination of all the mini-expansions. Maybe offer a ring as a reward once 1/3 of expansion completion has occurred or something along those lines.

As far as job adjustments go ... I have no idea what to expect. :lol

Black Mage definitely needs some sort of job ability that multiplies damage on magic bursts or something. It hasn't been a viable party job post 50 for years now and that's just a shame. I personally want more Beastmaster updates as well. =P

I wouldn't doubt that the major announcement is somehow related to this expansion. Maybe a FFXIV beta invite with each copy?

Kangaboo

Neo Member
Mariner said:
I agree 100%. I think SE will release one more FFXI expansion before the focus moves over to FFXIV. I would expect to see it concentrate on story more and not on new areas to explore.

Yay! I'm glad that I'm not the only one. :)

Before ToAU & WotG I was waxing poetic to a friend about how I wished there was a battle system in XI that was similar to the opening FMV. Just everyone, regardless of level, defending the major city states.

Before they balanced Campaign, that's pretty much what it was! Getting Bard to 75 inside Sandy was totally rad.

My hopes for a new expansion (if that's what it is)....

The areas in Bastok Mines are opened up (Next to the Alchemists Guild and off of that ramp over near Zehruhn) & Bastok has some sort of new crystal powered space airship. (Totally done in 4 & 8) I would be pleased as punch.

Teknoman

landing.JPG

I wish. I know that'll probably happen at some point in XIV with all the high tech stuff there, but it would be nice to check out Vanadiel's actual moon. Maybe something about the elements thrown off balance... and include the "far east" as well.

demigod

We're doing Divine Might after Limbus this Thursday btw. Make sure you log on tonight or Wednesday and get your cutscenes ready so we don't have to wait on anyone that day. Need someone to get another Ark Pentasphere for it. Bring at least 2 poison pots as well.

Yuripaw

Banned
Mariner said:
I agree 100%. I think SE will release one more FFXI expansion before the focus moves over to FFXIV.

I hope you're right, even after FFXIV's release, i would hope FFXI gets support for a long time still. Even if the game feels outdated eventually, it's hard to not just wanna stick with after all the years I've put into FFXI.

Jbird34

demigod said:
We're doing Divine Might after Limbus this Thursday btw. Make sure you log on tonight or Wednesday and get your cutscenes ready so we don't have to wait on anyone that day. Need someone to get another Ark Pentasphere for it. Bring at least 2 poison pots as well.

Count me in been waiting for a LOOOOONNNG time to get DM done

Mandoric

Banned
Yuripaw said:
I hope you're right, even after FFXIV's release, i would hope FFXI gets support for a long time still. Even if the game feels outdated eventually, it's hard to not just wanna stick with after all the years I've put into FFXI.

Personally, I'm hoping for a plan like EQ2 got. A discount on the first FFXI contents ID for FFXIV account holders would be very nice, even though it probably won't knock it down to the $1 extra contents ID price.:lol

Kangaboo

Neo Member
So is the DM run on Thursday a BLM burn?

Are there open slots for it?

What time does Limbus wrap up?

I'd really be interested in joining if there is room available and a BLU or BRD could be used!

Mandoric said:
Personally, I'm hoping for a plan like EQ2 got. A discount on the first FFXI contents ID for FFXIV account holders would be very nice, even though it probably won't knock it down to the $1 extra contents ID price.:lol

If they offer a discount I'll gladly play both.

Teknoman

Made alot of gil from those coins, so now I should be set for Limbus, Limit Breaks, and whatever else along the way.

Divine Might = 75 only right?

demigod

Kangaboo said:
So is the DM run on Thursday a BLM burn?

Are there open slots for it?

What time does Limbus wrap up?

I'd really be interested in joining if there is room available and a BLU or BRD could be used!

Nope not a BLM burn, we're going to see what we have and work with it. If you were in pan's ZMs or in the ls you can come. Don't bring any outsiders, don't want too many people. Our Limbus is 9p.m. EST and it usually lasts 30-45mins depending how long we gather and all. So just get your cutscenes and a few poison pots and be on around that hour. Oh yeah I forgot, bring reraise item(can buy scroll) and prepare to die :p.

Tek, the lvl 75 is pretty much a pickup thing.

Yuripaw

Banned
I'm just getting prepped for DM later tonight...I don't need the items it's requesting if someone else is activating the battlefield, right?

Also, does anyone know at approx what time we're doing it at? i dont wanna be late.

Yuripaw said:
I'm just getting prepped for DM later tonight...I don't need the items it's requesting if someone else is activating the battlefield, right?

Also, does anyone know at approx what time we're doing it at? i dont wanna be late.

Should be sometime after 10, I'm gonna head over around 9:30 to be ready. Not like ls chat is ever boring so I'll have something to do :)

Teknoman

DIVINE MIGHT RESCHEDULE!

2/05/10
6pm PST / 8pmCST / 9pm EST

Rawk Hawk said:
Urgh DM I remember that... Good luck. Been debating a return to xi before xiv. SoD have members on daily anymore?

r7iv87.png

Tabris

Almost to 5/5...

usukane.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone here does Salvage but it's seriousely one of the most challenging but extremely rewarding (when things drop or you've killed a zone) things you can do in the game. And the best part of it, you can do it with 6 to 8 people only (infact it's a negative to go higher usually).

I definitely recommend trying it out. Just be prepared to be frustrated at first, especially if no one has Salvage experience as it's extremely hardcore. Every action you do matters because you're not only fighting the tough challenges but you're fighting time. Then it has extremely tough bosses which require excellent shadow tankers and quick reaction healers. Fighting LBC without Homing Missle locked down is fun (and tough) as hell as you gotta be constantly moving while handling your shadows and doing damage.

If you're not a focused but a more casual player, than Salvage may be too hard for you though. I consider myself a pretty focused player and even some of Salvage beats my group down. We can't do SSR 35NM farming+Turtle+Boss. Just can't be quick enough to handle that yet.

Thanks again for taking time out of your focused elite {veteran} schedule to tell us how awesome you are tabris. Always a pleasure.

Rawk Hawk

Sweet nice to see people still playing, few familiar names even. I don't think I can hold out much longer I will probably end up picking this up within a month or two.

Was Joachim on Fairy. Have a 75 SAM and 66 BST iirc.

Has anything been added to BST to make them a viable party member? (Since mid 2008) I really like the job, but it seemed so pointless 90% of the time.

Tabris said:
Almost to 5/5...
usukane.jpg

If I may ask, how did you get the graphics in this image to look as clear as they do? Mine don't look as good as yours. I've maxed out everything in FFXI config and performed the registry hack to set the background resolution to 2048 x 2048. Is there anything else I can do?

Ravidrath

I haven't played since the last update, pretty much, but shouldn't we have news the next update by now?

Also, have people messed around with the Evolith system, made some of those cool cermet weapons and the customizable armor? Curious how all of that worked out.

Rawk Hawk said:
Sweet nice to see people still playing, few familiar names even. I don't think I can hold out much longer I will probably end up picking this up within a month or two.

Was Joachim on Fairy. Have a 75 SAM and 66 BST iirc.

Has anything been added to BST to make them a viable party member? (Since mid 2008) I really like the job, but it seemed so pointless 90% of the time.

I don't think anyone around in the ls plays bst at the moment. Not regularly anyway. They changed the mechanics for one of the abilities in the last update, Sic or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom