• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

Never sell gear.

Why is that? I mean, gear what you can buy from merchants or starting gear? Or some unique items?

What is the worst thing that I can miss if I sell gear? Some achievements or?

Just got full party and have been selling and replacing all gear I have gotten.

mstevens

As I go through the game, are there any items (especially items I can steal) that I should be sure to grab before I lose my chance? I heard someone mention the genji glove, but are there any others?

Vashetti

Banned
Why is that? I mean, gear what you can buy from merchants or starting gear? Or some unique items?

No particular reason, I just like having one of everything.

You never know when you may need something.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone that is still not at second jobs yet I can safely say I regret making Balthier a Machinist/Knight. He's really close to useless to me now and that is a damn shame. I'm not very happy with Ashe as a BM/Monk either. Penelo as WM/Time Mage is pretty good though except she keeps running out of MP.

Also, Disease suuuuuuucks.

iosefe

Thought I was ready for Zertinan. Entered from Ozmone, tourmaline rings equipped, chaining the first 2 areas

I proceed to enter area 3, the dust storm, and boy, I was not prepared for that

Ponn

Banned
Thought I was ready for Zertinan. Entered from Ozmone, tourmaline rings equipped, chaining the first 2 areas

I proceed to enter area 3, the dust storm, and boy, I was not prepared for that

Similar thing just happened to me in Barheim. I got Larsa and was screwing around with hunts and then unlocked that hidden section in Giza and was killing silicon turtles and decided to head to Barheim. Oh boy. It's doable but it takes careful aggro management and pulling I feel like i'm playing a mmorpg. Then i'm deep into the zones and realize Larsa has been draining my phoenix downs and I have none left. I'm trying to decide right now to go for
Zalera, I think its Zalera in here?
or book it out and resupply and do something else.

What's with all these shitty traps laid all over, especially towards the end?

They should have taken these out. Theyre just randomly placed with no rythme or reason other than pure annoyance.

Who thought these were a great idea? Maybe if you could see them to avoid but you can't.

Xevren

They should have taken these out. Theyre just randomly placed with no rythme or reason other than pure annoyance.

Who thought these were a great idea? Maybe if you could see them to avoid but you can't.

Libra lets you see them.

MogCakes

Float lets you walk over them

aadiboy

Float and Libra are your friends.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Crap, I sold it, now what?

Nothing. You're up 70 gil and down a Golden Amulet (which you can get more of anyway). So don't even worry about it. You can still finish up that side quest, you just won't get the very best reward for it. It's a questionable reward anyway.

You can still finish the quest, you just get a lesser reward.

Nothing. You're up 70 gil and down a Golden Amulet (which you can get more of anyway). So don't even worry about it. You can still finish up that side quest, you just won't get the very best reward for it. It's a questionable reward anyway.

Oh ok, cool, is not that I plan to do a 100% run of the game anyway, I'll probably won't get tons of stuff.
Thanks!

Pygrus

wait, so the first demon wall doesn't give you access to muramasa any more?

Isn't that what was behind it when you kill it in the 06 release?

SkylineRKR

Selling loot is questionable. You can't know what will be useful. I sold a high arcana earlier because I thought you could sell all loot.

But now I mostly just sell Quality skins and pelts, and all those billions of magicites. Those skins from Coeurls fetch a decent price and are easy to farm. Usually when I see I suddenly own 20+ of something I sell a bunch. Rare things like Adamantites, which I own 2 of now, I don't sell.

Bluenoser

Selling loot is questionable. You can't know what will be useful. I sold a high arcana earlier because I thought you could sell all loot.

But now I mostly just sell Quality skins and pelts, and all those billions of magicites. Those skins from Coeurls fetch a decent price and are easy to farm. Usually when I see I suddenly own 20+ of something I sell a bunch. Rare things like Adamantites, which I own 2 of now, I don't sell.

It really helps to know what you are going to make, and what you need to make it. Using a bazaar faq isn't a bad idea. It's easy to screw yourself and get either the Tournesol or Kumbha by selling your gemsteel, when they both need it, and they aren't that easy to come by. Same with emporer scales, one of the most annoying things in the game to get. Simha and Mudslinger need them.

SkylineRKR

I've been trying to farm Cerobi steppe, is there still valuable loot? I only found Telekinesis there so far, but that could be a fixed chest (it was the chest near the Uplands). Pretty sure Formalhaut isn't there anymore, chest never spawns.

It really helps to know what you are going to make, and what you need to make it. Using a bazaar faq isn't a bad idea. It's easy to screw yourself and get either the Tournesol or Kumbha by selling your gemsteel, when they both need it, and they aren't that easy to come by. Same with emporer scales, one of the most annoying things in the game to get. Simha and Mudslinger need them.

I just keep all the loot since. I kind of know whats needed for the Tournesol (such as high arcana), they are typical rewards or rare steals from rare games. I never sell those.

Fisty

I was reading a bazaar guide and it mentioned you can sell anything you get more than 10 of. As long as you hold on to 10 of whatever you find, you can sell the rest and still have enough of that specific loot item since the combined recipe list doesn't require more than 10 of any particular loot item

Bluenoser

I've been trying to farm Cerobi steppe, is there still valuable loot? I only found Telekinesis there so far, but that could be a fixed chest (it was the chest near the Uplands). Pretty sure Formalhaut isn't there anymore, chest never spawns.

I just keep all the loot since. I kind of know whats needed for the Tournesol (such as high arcana), they are typical rewards or rare steals from rare games. I never sell those.

Cerobi steppe has almost all the top items, but they are in chests that dont always spawn, and when they do, there's only 5% chance of it having the rare item (if its not gil) and thats with diamond armlet. Telekenesis is a fixed chest.

Meowster

Wow.. I made it all the way to Zodiark and got him down to his last health and his last Darkja killed everyone instantly. Now I have to go through that hell beforehand all over again with no Save Crystal nearby. Fuck that lol. I'm raging for a little bit, lemme take a break.

Zesh

Feel pretty daft here -- how do you reach the chest with Stamp? I know it's in the Mosphoran Highwaste, but I can't figure out how to get to it.

Wow.. I made it all the way to Zodiark and got him down to his last health and his last Darkja killed everyone instantly. Now I have to go through that hell beforehand all over again with no Save Crystal nearby. Fuck that lol. I'm raging for a little bit, lemme take a break.

Does autosave not work there?

Alucrid

Banned

you should have the auto-save at the start of the previous area. a good thing to do is clear the area before zodiark out beforehand, zone out to the previous area and zone back in. that way you have an auto save and the path to zodiark should be relatively clear of monsters

i really hate the insta-kill mechanics in this game but i guess without them it would be even easier.

Meowster

Does autosave not work there?
No. The last zone is a hell zone. It doesn't auto-save in Zodiark's chambers.
you should have the auto-save at the start of the previous area. a good thing to do is clear the area before zodiark out beforehand, zone out to the previous area and zone back in. that way you have an auto save and the path to zodiark should be relatively clear of monsters

i really hate the insta-kill mechanics in this game but i guess without them it would be even easier.
Will do this next time.

Aeana

Feel pretty daft here -- how do you reach the chest with Stamp? I know it's in the Mosphoran Highwaste, but I can't figure out how to get to it.

Once you're able to progress into Phon Coast, the little 'shrines' in the town area in Mosphoran Highwaste start working. Manipulating those creates paths to places like the stamp tech and another esper.

Zesh

Once you're able to progress into Phon Coast, the little 'shrines' in the town area in Mosphoran Highwaste start working. Manipulating those creates paths to places like the stamp tech and another esper.

Ah, thanks. I actually already got Exodus, so that probably should've been obvious. Got it now.

Netto-kun

I've spent around an hour trying to get a Yagyu Darkblade with Diamond Armlet from the chests in the Crossfield zone. No luck at all but at least I one Circlet from all that running and zoning back and forth. And did you already get Cleanse? It's in a chest that has a 20% spawn rate (spawns on a trap next to a rock a bit above the two windmills) in the Terraced Bank zone.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Anyone that is still not at second jobs yet I can safely say I regret making Balthier a Machinist/Knight. He's really close to useless to me now and that is a damn shame. I'm not very happy with Ashe as a BM/Monk either. Penelo as WM/Time Mage is pretty good though except she keeps running out of MP.

Also, Disease suuuuuuucks.
What don't you like about Black Mage/Monk? I went with the same combo for Ashe and she wrecks everything. If you set up your gambits to exploit elemental weaknesses, and you equip the various element-boosting staffs, BM/Monk will easily out-damage any physical class.

It's ridiculous to keep everything, but definitely hang on to any armor/weapon that nullifies/absorbs/boosts any element. Never know when that stuff can come in handy.

SkylineRKR

I've spent around an hour trying to get a Yagyu Darkblade with Diamond Armlet from the chests in the Crossfield zone. No luck at all but at least I one Circlet from all that running and zoning back and forth. And did you already get Cleanse? It's in a chest that has a 20% spawn rate (spawns on a trap next to a rock a bit above the two windmills) in the Terraced Bank zone.

No, found nothing yet, I'm going to try to get the darkblade. Not strong enough for bombshells yet,

Bluenoser

You can get one in great crystal with 100% chance. Assuming you only need one, why wouldn't you take this route?

BOTEC

Is there a manual for this game anywhere? On-disc? Online? I just want to know how if there are buttons I could be pressing to switch the party leader efficiently, and if there is a "you-idiots-wait-here-while-I-sneak-solo-past-all-these-mines" button?

Top Bottom