• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Confirmed - 2011 In Japan, Winter (Late Dec-March) In The West

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatchx

Banned
Yes please.

FFXIII was such a godawful game, but it was so beautiful.

Keep the graphics, add+

-non-linear gameplay
-towns, sidequests, exploration
-more challenge. Don't hold my hand please
-no whiny characters

Raist

Banned
miladesn said:
you never know with these arts ;p

I mean, some Sqaure chars are a bit borderline if you don't look close enough, but absolutely no boobs and a hint of beard, that's kinda giving it away :p

edit: wait, are you talking about your screen or the title screen in the OP?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
tass0 said:
Well, I'm looking forward to it.

I liked FF13, it just suffered from a lot of problems like linearity, a bad story, crappy character designs and VA, and fucking VANILLE.

No Vanille and world map in FFXIII-2 please :)

Eh, I liked Vanille, and wouldn't mind more of her tits and ass. But no Snow or Hope, please. Those two are two of the most obnoxious, shitty characters in any game I've ever played.

commissar

Raist said:
I mean, some Sqaure chars are a bit borderline if you don't look close enough, but absolutely no boobs and a hint of beard, that's kinda giving it away :p
I read it that way too at first, but I guess they meant about the person in the logo and their pic would be for reference against who they thought it might be

Raist

Banned
zoukka said:
Where's the face of the character on the left? Serious question, I can't see it. Only one big hole...

The "big hole" would be the nose's shadow, I guess. Left eye just above. Face is tilted like 45˚ or so.

Pooya

Raist said:

edit: wait, are you talking about your screen or the title screen in the OP?
OP of course, it was a small pic at first, I couldn't see the face :p

Chuckie

angelfly said:
I honestly don't understand the X-2 hate. I'm guessing there are many on GAF not secure enough to appreciate the dress sphere.

Yeah ofcourse, its GAF's insecurity and not shitty classes like 'songstress' and a crappy story.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I will probably end up playing just because by the end of FFXIII I was left unsatisfied after investing all the time ._.

SE Japanese titles don't have any type of english options in them, right?

angelfly

Stat Flow said:
I will probably end up playing just because by the end of FFXIII I was left unsatisfied after investing all the time ._.

SE Japanese titles don't have any type of english options in them, right?
XIII didn't

Ashkeloth

Ah, damn it.

At least I know to avoid this one like the plague.

If it has the same quality decrease that X-2 had compared to X then...

Actually, I don't think a game that bad could possibly exist.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yoboman said:
Wow? One year development cycle?:D Expect near identical assets ala FFX-2 I suppose
All Square Enix teams are supposed to be on two year cycles now.

IGN said:
Elsewhere in the interview, Kitase revealed that the team that made Final Fantasy XIII is at work on their next project. According to Kitase, Square Enix has a policy of each team making a game at a pace of one title every two years, so the wait for this title will presumably not be too long.
Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1125216p1.html#ixzz11PfkBl00

So presumably this will be out in December in Japan, as FFXIII released in December 2009 there.

Jex

Yoboman said:
Expect near identical assets ala FFX-2 I suppose
I don't see why you would. Didn't they mention they had made enough content to fill another game, but they ended up not using lots of it because of their strange development cycle?

hirokazu

Releasing this year?? Doesn't sound like enough time to actually fix anything, more likely just cobbling together unused FFXIII assets into a game. :x

Yoboman

Nirolak said:
All Square Enix teams are supposed to be on two year cycles now.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1125216p1.html#ixzz11PfkBl00

So presumably this will be out in December in Japan, as FFXIII released in December 2009 there.
Oh yeah I forgot it came out in Japan quite a bit before... I've lost faith in SE having fast turn arounds though. I suppose two years is a decent amount of time, but I'm not expecting a dramatic shift to non-linearity

And how does what he is saying apply to Versus XIII (if at all)?

Eliciel

They'll most definitely use the cut-out assets of FFXIII and combine them with a sequel story. I doubt that there will be "non-linear" gameplay. There will be at least 1 town ;). And the story is going to be "complete" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom