• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Hype/Info Thread [New Battle Videos and Screenshots]

Beth Cyra

When was the last time we got a great villain in Final Fantasy? With Sephiroth? I'm pretty sure Caius can be better than Ultimecia, Kuja, Seymour, Vayne and Desley... I guess. Its character design it's already better than these previous ones if you ask me. That's a better start already.

Nonsense.

Ultiemica at least had a legit reason for wanting the rest of the world dead. Shuyin, you could sympathize with. Kuja was amazing outside of the ending, and then you have Vayne who was easily far better then Sephiroth.

Outsdie of XIII's Villians, FF has had better villians then the hero side in recent times.

dramatis

I'm pretty sure Caius can be better than Ultimecia, Kuja, Seymour, Vayne and Desley... I guess. Its character design it's already better than these previous ones if you ask me. That's a better start already.
I'll give you Ultimecia and Seymour (and maybe Kuja), but Caius is definitely not better in character design than Vayne. And while Dysley is a less than fabulous villain writing-wise, his design is also ahead of Caius's.

Neither does character design indicate much of anything in decent villains. Jihl was magnificent to look at, but an even more laughable 'villain' than Leblanc.

Both Fang and Vanille had cameos in the final trailer in XIII-2, not footage from the first game.

that's kinda what i am saying don't you think ? Those characters are at least in it for the story ..( at some point )

I'll give you Ultimecia and Seymour (and maybe Kuja), but Caius is definitely not better in character design than Vayne. And while Dysley is a less than fabulous villain writing-wise, his design is also ahead of Caius's.

Neither does character design indicate much of anything in decent villains. Jihl was magnificent to look at, but an even more laughable 'villain' than Leblanc.

Maybe we'll be able to have a difinitive answer and opinion once we get the game ?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Vayne better than Sephiroth... wow.

Ravidrath

...So when they said XIII-2 would have DLC, I guess they just meant costumes and pre-order weapons and stuff? Nothing that would really count as content?

xion4360

that's kinda what i am saying don't you think ? Those characters are at least in it for the story ..( at some point )

what are you going on about?.. look.

fang is in the game as a character in the story that's for sure .

we don't know if she is in the party for a moment like snow is .

Playable for a moment : lightning

In the party for a moment ( no control ): snow

Appearance in the story at least : hope, fang , sazh

dunno about vanille ... but if fang is in it ..chance she is too as well .

I was making it obvious that your question had been answered.

ZephyrFate said:
I can agree with that, and I hate FFXII.
Don’t you also hate VII outside of Midgar? :p
Yoshichan said:
Vayne better than Sephiroth... wow.
Sephiroth’s claim to fame was that he’s threatening, which makes him a good villain, but not really much is going on in the way of actual character development.

His entire character is that he decides to be this evil monster because his mom is an evil monster. There were things with potential; like Lucretia being his actual mom, Hojo being his dad, being nothing but an experiment, and the fact that he used to be the world’s most beloved hero. But those things and their implications are never explored(and Sephiroth doesn’t even seem to have any fucks to give in any case). So, while they’re mentioned, they never really go anywhere outside of “whatatwist”.

While I feel Vayne doesn’t get explored enough either, his issues are at least there outside of initially being brought up for a quick shock.

Also, he makes a much better foil for Ashe than Sephiroth does for Cloud.

xion4360

i dunno what's your point but that sure wasn't a question.
Now answer if you feel like it.

I dont get your attitude, but anyway...

You said "I dunno about vanille" [if she is in the game] ...I made it clear that she is by pointing out that, like Fang and Sazh, she also made an appearance in the final trailer of XIII-2.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
464127481.jpg

Sogood.

http://inunosotto.blog37.fc2.com/blog-date-20111205.html
Some images from the Square Enix Members event that was held yesterday.

Teknoman

It's not my favorite style of music and it's not something I want in Final Fantasy, but I think it works for this Final Fantasy. Music should definitely reflect what it's being written for, and it does sound really great for this game.

Yeah i've got no problem with this style of music, but thats as long as its not used in an FF game the style of say...IV, IX, or XII.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yes. Midgar was the best part about VII and then they stopped realizing how awesome it was.

Yea, FFVII's best locations were basically Midgar and Gold Saucer.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Will this week's Famitsu reveal XIII-2's score?

george_us

Dammit I'm getting hyped for this. I'm such a sucker for time travel games and the locations look way more interesting than FFXIIIs.

chri5t

Will this week's Famitsu reveal XIII-2's score?

Well, Dengeki Playstation gave it their highest score, an S...

http://andriasang.com/comz7d/xiii2_sazh/

First, a review. The magazine gave the game an S rating. This is from the magazine's letter grade scale, where S is the top (followed by A, B, etc.).

The magazine also usually gives major games the full four person review treatment with each reviewer giving a score out of 100. Numbered scores haven't leaked out for FFXIII-2 yet, but we'll be on the lookout.

Play-Asia has 2 versions of the Asian release of XIII-2 (English Version and Chinese Version). Does the English version of the Asian release have Japanese Voice and English subtitles or is it full English?

Despite me absolutely loving a good soundtrack, there is never any part of me that wants to say the best thing about a video game was its music.

Why is that? Nier's an example of a game that isn't really that great of a game in its gameplay department but has a God-tier soundtrack that is the best part of the game.

Top Bottom