• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Hype/Info Thread [New Battle Videos and Screenshots]

Tizoc

I think 'Pimp my Ninja Turtle' sounds better =P

Actually I think the thread title should have a rotating subtitle =3

...and yeah FF13-2 looks to be a good JRPG (if not a good FF game >o>; )

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I hope there's a pre-title screen montage in the style of the first FFXIII.

I'd appreciate a remix, reprise or at least elements from the same song that was used in XIII, too.

Dunan

It sure does... like Archades, but in the far future.

If so, SOLD.

Me too... exactly what I wanted from XIII. I hope the environments are actually like what they look like in these clips, if you know what I'm saying. (I was burned during the XIII hype by looking forward to a lot of amazing environmental clips that turned out to be mere corridors).

Same here. I bought the World Preview book just before release to get hyped up and it gave the impression that it was going to be a fusion of FFXII-style exploration with a futuristic world. The whole thing looked fantastic -- and then we got what we got.

duckroll

I stopped buying the World Preview books a long time ago. They don't really do anything for me other than spoiling the first 4-5 hours of the game, at the cost of like 10 bucks. Seemed silly to keep buying them.

Famassu

Okay, is it just me, or am I the only one who notices how much worse FFXIII-2 looks compared to FFXIII? Everything seems almost faded. It's a very noticeable visible downgrade IMO.

Also, I really hate how blocky and stupid the running animations look. I especially hate how Noel does a random punch in fist or stretching his shoulder as he runs... it just looks so awkward and unnatural.
Meh, the video quality is shit. The game looks pretty much on par with XIII.

welcome to the 2-year release schedule. welcome to the new square enix. versus will look cool, just you wait
Most of XIII's content was developed in a year, so...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I want my |OT|! It's Thursday!! :(

Pooya

kupo vs kupo hmmm :p
http://minus.com/mfst9H9Gg

wallpapers and concept artworks from the ie9 site;

iRlGYCRxyDAX2.jpg

in5dyKn9e7csn.jpg

i0fe21wSWyHy7.jpg

iRuD6IOc92bFt.jpg

rest of them 1080p only here
http://min.us/mcNxi5P4S

greyshark

I'm sure others have noticed this before, but it's nice to see they added a compass to the mini-map. It got confusing at times seeing the map change orientation when traveling through Pulse in XIII.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I got my preorder steelbook pack:

Hype!

Looks really good. Has anyone confirmed whether GAME gives the pre-order pack for those who ordered from other countries. They didn't reply my email...

Dunan

I stopped buying the World Preview books a long time ago. They don't really do anything for me other than spoiling the first 4-5 hours of the game, at the cost of like 10 bucks. Seemed silly to keep buying them.

I actually like them for that very reason -- the first 4-5 hours isn't far enough into the game that any kind of spoilers will really hurt the experience, and knowing some of that info makes the very early parts a little more enjoyable; you can hit the ground running rather than being confused until you finally get the hang of things.

FFXII's was probably my favorite; lower price, no advertisements. FFXIII's I bought not just to get into the world but also because some of the illustrations contained the COcoon, Pulse, and Etro writing that I was trying to figure out. I also bought Type-0's; are there any others?

duckroll

I actually like them for that very reason -- the first 4-5 hours isn't far enough into the game that any kind of spoilers will really hurt the experience, and knowing some of that info makes the very early parts a little more enjoyable; you can hit the ground running rather than being confused until you finally get the hang of things.

FFXII's was probably my favorite; lower price, no advertisements. FFXIII's I bought not just to get into the world but also because some of the illustrations contained the COcoon, Pulse, and Etro writing that I was trying to figure out. I also bought Type-0's; are there any others?

They've been doing this since for... a long time. I don't know exactly when they started, but I have the ones for FFVIII and FFIX. Other than the concept art, which is definitely nice to have, and some interviews, I don't really find them particularly useful. I have the FFXII one too. But I stopped after that.

Top Bottom