• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Hype/Info Thread [New Battle Videos and Screenshots]

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just wondering Kagari, will you be giving out free avatars too at the XIII-2 OT?

though i'm willing to make some if you like~ *whistles*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
No chance in living hell that this game will disappoint me. NO CHANCE IN HELL (even though Dragon Age 2, Catherine, Dark Souls, BF3 and Uncharted 3 were all a disappointing this year, I'm NOT gonna let it happen with XIII-2!
I can't remember... were you hyped for Skyward Sword as well?

To be honest, I'm glad I kept my hype in check for SS, plus lowered my expectations while other people were playing through it and listing the negatives for it... because I'm really loving it. I even find myself liking the bits that people generally seem to dislike, lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thursday.
I seriously can't wait, oh my God.
And if you were disappointed by all those games this year... I truly fear for you...
No, no, no, you don't have to fear anything :) I mean, I just played and finished FFXIII again and I loved it again. So unless XIII-2 is the biggest train-wreck in history, I'm probably going to end up loving the game to death!

mr. puppy

Banned
something irks me about the city parts at the end of the video. its like they built the entire awesome background and then they but slightly different shades of white all over everything. they try to have depth and futuristic looks and all of that in like 3 different shades of white and it looks....not good. the only time it actually looks alive is when they put neon shit everywhere like when she is walking by the car at the beginning.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't remember... were you hyped for Skyward Sword as well?

To be honest, I'm glad I kept my hype in check for SS, plus lowered my expectations while other people were playing through it and listing the negatives for it... because I'm really loving it. I even find myself liking the bits that people generally seem to dislike, lol.
Yes, I hyped the game to the skies (and got myself nearly banned in the Zelda review thread). I thank the lord that Skyward Sword wasn't disappointing for me, because I wouldn't be able to handle another fail this year.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't know, should I?

Yea, it would seem like a nice addition though. A good number of OTs (plus one or two of mine) give out avatars.

ULTROS!

Ohhh, that's a good punishment avatar idea :eek:

Ultros, we should make another bet <_<

I was supposed to bet that XIII-2 really got a 31/40 12 hours ago. Good thing I didn't. :p

Maybe Versus XIII at E3 2012. Lol.

ULTROS!

Wanna bet again Kagari? Because if it doesn't, then that is a definitely sad fate for me and Versus XIII. lol

Yoshichan

FFXIII-2 ads on Twitch.tv :D

PK Gaming

Well, well, well &#9834;

FFXIII-2 gets a 40/40 on Famitsu. I take their opinion with a grain of salt, but like I say, positive news is good news.

Unless they rename it Final Fantasy XV. Then, he'll technically lose because it won't be Versus XIII anymore.

I still find it surprising that they haven't renamed that yet. It's not like XIII exactly left a powerful legacy. Then again, XIII-2 may change that since it looks so good.

chri5t

Okay, is it just me, or am I the only one who notices how much worse FFXIII-2 looks compared to FFXIII? Everything seems almost faded. It's a very noticeable visible downgrade IMO.

Also, I really hate how blocky and stupid the running animations look. I especially hate how Noel does a random punch in fist or stretching his shoulder as he runs... it just looks so awkward and unnatural.

I guess we won't know about how well the 360 version is until it's out in the US, right? I got the first on PS3, but it'd be nice to get this one on 360 (for cheevos). I don't want muddled cutscenes and audio, though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Okay, is it just me, or am I the only one who notices how much worse FFXIII-2 looks compared to FFXIII? Everything seems almost faded. It's a very noticeable visible downgrade IMO.

Also, I really hate how blocky and stupid the running animations look. I especially hate how Noel does a random punch in fist or stretching his shoulder as he runs... it just looks so awkward and unnatural.

Well one game took many years to make and one game took 2.

welcome to the 2-year release schedule. welcome to the new square enix. versus will look cool, just you wait

Yoshichan

I need some suggestions for the OT's subtitle.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| This time it's actually good!

NeoGAF-style...

Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Time Traveling As Done By Toriyama

Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Complaining Makes Everything Better

Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| No More Dead Turtles

Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Less Hallways, More QTEs

Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Yes, Lightning is still hot

Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Moogles And Towns And Choices, Oh My!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Radiant Historia... Crux

Maybe... Maybe not. Ultros has probably no gender.

j/k, guy
And here I was sweating over my "Uncle Ulty" jokes. @_@

Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Toriyama's Redemption
Chrono Break Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT|
Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Now With Extra Bowtie
Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| "The past is dead. It was all just a dream..." (I know it's a Chrono Trigger quote. :p)

PK Gaming

Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Living in a fantasy
Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| It's a whole new world, don't you dare close your eyes
Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| It's Final. Final Fantasy.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Final Fantasy XIII-2. Where the old cast becomes unplayable / DLC characters
Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| It Finally has towns but we'll find another reason to hate it.

Yes I am aware that these are terrible

Top Bottom