• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Steam - Dec 11 (1080p/60fps, dual language, includes DLC)

Was 13 ever patched?

Once, I think... to add a prompt when you press ESC instead of just quitting the game.

Oh, and in January they plan on adding resolution options. No word on performance patches.

Sega sure upstaged them with the Valkyria Chronicles port, that's for certain.

I'm waiting for a sale after they locked XIII to 720p.

They're going to unlock it in a patch in December. This is their second patch they've done for the game. The first literally only adds a confirmation that you want to exit the game upon pressing Esc.

Smallest patches ever.

Yes. The downside to that is that they do not do it in a way that lets you choose which you want - you have to download both. This leads to a very large install size

It also meant both of the FMVs in English and Japanese had to be compressed to absolute smithereens. The audio in the FMVs is stupid bad. It sounds worse than playing a 480p video on youtube. You can physically hear the compression artifacts on the audio, it's that bad.

Momentary

Banned
I'm still buying this day one. The PC port of XIII was just bare bones, it wasn't like it was abysmal and broken. I'm not trying to defend the port either, but I'm not missing out on this and I'm up for supporting the JRPG movement onto my platform of choice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Once, I think... to add a prompt when you press ESC instead of just quitting the game.

Oh, and in January they plan on adding resolution options. No word on performance patches.

Sega sure upstaged them with the Valkyria Chronicles port, that's for certain.

december

HeelPower

I just realized this trailer is still incredibly misleading.

Lightning is NOT the main character in FFXIII-2 and SE still tries to pass her as MC.

LuuKyK

People are definitely exaggerating over the XIII port. Its not really an upgrade, but still on par with the console version (at least the 360 one).

I mean, my PC is really (really) average, and it runs the game with no problems. Of course it has some random dips on frame-rate here and there, but the fact that they even ported it to PC and added dual audio (and in XIII-2' case DLC too) is already pretty awesome, I think.

Sure everyone is entitled to have their own opinion about it and ask for better options and performance though, which I feel they actually listened, considering they are already implementing more changes to XIII-2.

Don't have time for all the games coming out, hopefully the GMG voucher isn't account bound.

Ready to defy your fate once more? Prepare your adventure with the 25% off voucher* below - courtesy of Square Enix and Green Man Gaming O1QRPS-BH3AYL-O56S6G

*The 25% voucher expires at 4pm UTC on Monday 17th November 2014.

Kvik

Don't have time for all the games coming out, hopefully the GMG voucher isn't account bound.

Ready to defy your fate once more? Prepare your adventure with the 25% off voucher* below - courtesy of Square Enix and Green Man Gaming O1QRPS-BH3AYL-O56S6G

I used the same code to buy my copy.

Dual audio my ass. I bet Asian copies will still only get Japanese audio.

Note to SE: Outside Japan, most people don't speak Japanese!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
People are definitely exaggerating over the XIII port. Its not really an upgrade, but still on par with the console version (at least the 360 one).

I mean, my PC is really (really) average, and it runs the game with no problems. Of course it has some random dips on frame-rate here and there, but the fact that they even ported it to PC and added dual audio (and in XIII-2' case DLC too) is already pretty awesome, I think.

Sure everyone is entitled to have their own opinion about it and ask for better options and performance though, which I feel they actually listened, considering they are already implementing more changes to XIII-2.

Yes, yes it is an upgrade, with all its performance issues, it still runs better than any of the two console versions. It's gonna be progressively more noticeable with sequels as XIII-2 for example had huge framerate drops in cutscenes(!).

Wedge7

I'm still buying this day one. The PC port of XIII was just bare bones, it wasn't like it was abysmal and broken. I'm not trying to defend the port either, but I'm not missing out on this and I'm up for supporting the JRPG movement onto my platform of choice.

Ah my exact sentiments. I wasnt blow away, yet at the same time, I def want more titles on PC and steam. Was an easy choice to purchase it, especially with the GMG 25% off code.

wolfhowwl

Banned

Thanks. Purchased.

Bladenic

Gameplay was an improvement albeit very easy. Locations were nice if a bit too palette swapped. Story is shit. Music is amazing.

So par the course for the trilogy. Noel is a good character though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When is Lightning returns coming? Its the only game I haven't played in the trilogy.

the official word is "spring 2015", but then again I believe the official word on 13-2 was "winter" and it came out quite fast, so maybe by spring they mean...err...march 21st, or whenever spring begins

Hmm. Did anyone ever figure out how to convert a PS3 save into a PC one for XIII? (I know it's only been a few months so I'm guessing not, but still...) Would be nice to move my partially completed XIII-2 game onto PC if the port is better than XIII was!

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Just preordered through GMG and got it for $13.50 :D
I hope they hold true to their 60 FPS and 1080p claims. I still need to purchase FXIII, but I might wait till it hopefully gets a patch to fix the resolution options.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Bought. I never played more than an hour's worth of the original on PS3 because by that point I had built my new PC.

Now it's time to play it properly.

Thoraxes

FYI all gaming cards at B1G1 25% off at Target next week.

Can use redcard for another 5% off the total too. I think Steam cards only come in denominations of $20 and $50 though. (So get two $20 cards and snag this and VC!)

Also be aware of the GMG everlasting promo codes too!

Durante

They're going to unlock it in a patch in December. This is their second patch they've done for the game. The first literally only adds a confirmation that you want to exit the game upon pressing Esc.

Smallest patches ever.
I still don't get how it can take months to patch this stuff.

Japanese monumental kaisha, Durante. If it's being done in-house by Squeenix Japan and not by a porting house like SEGA, it needs to go through a whole different process just to get anything done...

Either way, good news but this time I'm going for the GMG voucher. No way I'm buying this on Steam straight after FFXIII state of release.

I might bite with GMG's 25% off voucher. I enjoyed the game on PS3, it's a decent rpg, much better than the prequel. It still blows my mind that someone would design a rpg that is literally a corridor.

Valnen

Yes, yes it is an upgrade, with all its performance issues, it still runs better than any of the two console versions. It's gonna be progressively more noticeable with sequels as XIII-2 for example had huge framerate drops in cutscenes(!).

Not really, the stutter and frame pacing are a lot worse than the PS3 version. Sporadic 60 FPS doesn't look good at all.

Dinjooh

Not really, the stutter and frame pacing are a lot worse than the PS3 version. Sporadic 60 FPS doesn't look good at all.

Urghhhh, i've been downloading it for the last few days, might as well cancel it and play my ps3 copy instead if true.

Ratrat

I want to play this(beat 13 twice) but I REALLY hate Serah.

I there a costume that puts a paperbag on her head? Why can't I play as Lightning or Fang?

Dinjooh

You can lock it to 30 FPS which is better than consoles.

Can't say i've noticed many framedrops on PS3. Anywho, just cancelled the download and i'll redownload it if/when it gets patched.

In the meantime it's a good chance for me to get the last trophy I need and i've been avoiding since 2010.
DCcV65W.png

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe they have like 1 person working all on their Japanese Steam releases. Reminds me of their slow android updates for their games lol. "Want controller support? It's coming in a few months lol" As horrible as All The Bravest is, I really want to try it once on my phone but they haven't bother patching it even once since they release that more than 1 year ago.

Top Bottom