• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 TGS News Thread [New Details, One Disc On 360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Nora Kisaragi said:
In Japan, Western games are trash. Call of Duty is a bargain bin title, you could probably buy a call of duty game there for five dollars. Saying you endorse the western gaming console in japan is bad publicity.

They didn't WANT to endorse FF13 on the Xbox in Japan, and i'm not sure why they eventually caved in. Microsoft probably paid them or something. Anyway, no time exclusivity this time around since its a sequel to FF13 so they don't want to leave japanese 360 players that played the 360 FF13 out.
I wish we still had the :lol smiley.

xion4360

Kyoufu said:
That's my point. I like how there is a 360 version on same day as PS3. Why did they even bother with the time exclusivity the first time?

the 360 version just wasnt ready at the time.

0qbvd.jpg

Aeana

Combichristoffersen said:
There's a Greasemonkey script that gives you both the :lol and :D smileys
That's only local, though. It doesn't communicate to the other person that I am laughing at their dumb post.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Aeana said:
That's only local, though. It doesn't communicate to the other person that I am laughing at their dumb post.

If the other person has the script installed (which they should have, unless they're some unwashed peasant) they'll see the :lol smiley too

Aeana said:

I'm not sure which part you want to laugh at.
I have a base for pretty much everything I said in the post.

I take it this is your first time posting in a Kagari topic?
i'll just point you over here, which should cover most of what I said there.

In terms of them not wanting to put FF13 on the 360, you should read the old interviews on that. They were ashamed to admit the 360 port existed and even more ashamed when announcing it for Japan.

Kamek

Nora Kisaragi said:
In Japan, Western games are trash. Call of Duty is a bargain bin title, you could probably buy a call of duty game there for five dollars. Saying you endorse the western gaming console in japan is bad publicity.

They didn't WANT to endorse FF13 on the Xbox in Japan, and i'm not sure why they eventually caved in. Microsoft probably paid them or something. Anyway, no time exclusivity this time around since its a sequel to FF13 so they don't want to leave japanese 360 players that played the 360 FF13 out.

This will definitely become the next gaf meme.

Well that city scape shot looked pretty bad ass. I think this game is going to be great.

Nora Kisaragi said:

Man Square Enix must really have bad publicity then on account of them being behind CoD's Japanese release. I'm sure they hate Western Games so much they release all those western titles in Japan and bought a western company. Maybe they like the shame?

I think this is a joke post. I sure hope it is.If not it's the dumbest thing ever.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Kagari said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or9pkEXIuvk

Theme song. Yakusoku no Basho by Fukui Mai... will be in the PS3 version only. Japanese Xbox version gets New World by Charice, which is also probably the western release too.

All TGS stuff in here.
KuGsj.gif
Is that so. It'll probably be as boring as both FFXIII songs were (My Hands was a special case of bad (imo), though).

This was probably asked dozens of times before, but who's Charice? I don't watch much TV or listen to a lot of radio.

duckroll

Nora Kisaragi said:

In terms of them not wanting to put FF13 on the 360, you should read the old interviews on that. They were ashamed to admit the 360 port existed and even more ashamed when announcing it for Japan.

You're cute! ^_^

Chairhome

Dark Schala said:
KuGsj.gif
Is that so. It'll probably be as boring as both FFXIII songs were (My Hands was a special case of bad (imo), though).

This was probably asked dozens of times before, but who's Charice? I don't watch much TV or listen to a lot of radio.
Charice was on Glee last season. She was discovered by David Foster who has discovered a bunch of stars. She's big in the philippines.

Aeana

Nora Kisaragi said:

What are you even talking about? Ashamed? What?

Second, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 sold 250k on PS3 and 87k on 360 in Japan. Oh, and guess who published it? That's right, Square Enix did.

Third,

What does this even mean?

Kamek

I actually liked "My Hands" even though I don't see what it had to do with the game or ending. It was just kind of the feeling that the song gave that I thought was fitting for the end. That said, I enjoyed 13 a lot (especially the battle system), but thought the ending left a LOT to be desired.

(Aside: Is the SE conference tonight? If so I hope they show Dream Drop Distance <3 )

duckroll

Kamek said:
(Aside: Is the SE conference tonight? If so I hope they show Dream Drop Distance <3 )

There's no conference. S-E never has TGS conferences.

Edit: There's no "S-E show", there's a FFXIII-2 Special that's airing on TV, which covers that game only.

Beth Cyra

Kamek said:
I actually liked "My Hands" even though I don't see what it had to do with the game or ending. It was just kind of the feeling that the song gave that I thought was fitting for the end. That said, I enjoyed 13 a lot (especially the battle system), but thought the ending left a LOT to be desired.

It got tease at the Nintendo Confrence so I got my hopes up. Ah nevermind, Duck killed that dream.

Aeana said:
Second, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 sold 250k on PS3 and 87k on 360 in Japan.

So you think my entire post is dumb because of a Call of Duty mention? what?
That mentality is hilarious. I'll feed your ego no more. The original poster wanted to know why they're announcing 360/ps3 ports side-by-side for FF13-2 when this wasn't the case for FF13, and I threw an educated guess in as my opinion.

Do you have a better explanation? If you don't mind, I'd like to hear your input on this discussion instead of challenging everything I say like a troll in a dungeon.

Jeez those graphics are good. I been playing alot of Xenoblade I forgot how good this stuff looks. I hope Versus will rival these graphics seeing as it will be open world.Then again I don't know how open XIII-2 is, but I really disliked the linearity of XIII.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Chairhome said:
Charice was on Glee last season. She was discovered by David Foster who has discovered a bunch of stars. She's big in the philippines.
Ohhhhhh. I don't watch Glee so I didn't know. Thanks!

Might just wait for the cheaper English version then if it's essentially like FFX-2 with one artist singing the JP version and the other artist singing the English version. At least they've learned.

Toth

duckroll said:

Edit: There's no "S-E show", there's a FFXIII-2 Special that's airing on TV, which covers that game only.

What is SE showing tonight then? They have a block set up for something.

xion4360

duckroll said:

do you know what time that is going to air?

duckroll

Toth said:

They have a little event in front of their open theater screen where their mobile team will be promoting some stuff regarding social network services and mobile gaming.

jiggle

Toth said:

mobile games

the dreams of agito/3rd bithday finally realized!?!!

Kamek said:
I remember hearing somewhere that they'll be showing a new trailer at TGS, so do you think we might see that tonight at some point?

yes
if u go to their theater?

Kamek

duckroll said:

I remember hearing somewhere that they'll be showing a new trailer at TGS, so do you think we might see that tonight at some point?

Aeana

Nora Kisaragi said:
That mentality is hilarious. I'll feed your ego no more. The original poster wanted to know why they're announcing 360/ps3 ports side-by-side for FF13-2 when this wasn't the case for FF13, and I threw an educated guess in as my opinion.

Do you have a better explanation? If you don't mind, I'd like to hear your input on this discussion instead of challenging everything I say like a troll in a dungeon.
Your post is dumb because you spouted incorrect generalizations about western games in Japan. And further, you said Square Enix was "ashamed" of putting the game on 360, which is absolutely ludicrous. In general, you show a very loyalist-driven outlook on business decisions, which is why I wasn't the only person to quote and laugh at your post.

duckroll

Toth said:
Thanks Duck.

Anywhere where we can watch this or is that what the second link is for?

I don't expect that there's any way to watch this live unless you live in Japan. I expect that shortly after the show any interesting footage will be recorded and uploaded to Youtube though.

Nora Kisaragi said:
That and the entire western equals shame thing. I mean you have Square who releases CoD and other western games in Japan and you have Japanese developers like Fumito Ueda and Masahiro Sakurai talking about what western games they play like Halo Reach. Sure there is a history of the Japanese public thinking western games are shit. Sure, but not like you are saying and this bad publicity thing doesn't really make sense. Nor does it explain why XIII wasn't on the Xbox at launch. I mean lets think about this here. Sony probably got XIII exclusive for their system, they paid for it if anything. The game eventually came out on the 360 later. Not because MS payed for it. That dosen't make any sense because by then MS in Japan doesn't seem to be doing anything. No the Xbox 360 version was the international version, released to just gain more money an nothing more. The team had already obviously moved on to XIII-2 at this time and a new content enhanced XIII International was not going to work. So Square obviously was like here this one has English in it and here we will get some money out of those who want an Xbox version. This has nothing to do with being ashamed of the xbox version. Your "ashamed" thing dosent even make sense.

Why is XIII-2 coming now? Well if they were ashamed like you want to think, wouldn't they not even acknowledge the 360 version? It's coming at the same time because it's already a done deal. Sony has no need to make XIII-2 exclusive in Japan.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Aeana said:
Your post is dumb because you spouted incorrect generalizations about western games in Japan. And further, you said Square Enix was "ashamed" of putting the game on 360, which is absolutely ludicrous. In general, you show a very loyalist-driven outlook on business decisions, which is why I wasn't the only person to quote and laugh at your post.
Just ignore him. Honestly he spouts crap that is very generalized and assumes things. Getting back on topic, are we going to expect something like two years ago when they showed FFXII?

Aeana said:
Your post is dumb because you spouted incorrect generalizations about western games in Japan.

Or better yet, since this is a Square Enix thread...
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/01/square-enix-says-japanese-retail-prejudiced-against-western-games/
Square Enix: Japanese Retail “Prejudiced” Against Western Games

-yawn-. Like I said, everything in my previous post has a base. Not sure why people forget these interviews exist, but they do.

In terms of them being ashamed to put it on 360, i'll just link you here, a pretty good synopsis of the chaos back then.

Now, instead of challenging everything I say, please add to the discussion and stop derailing the thread into a flamewar, when all i'm trying to do is lend my opinion to a poster's question on the first page. Thank you very much. : )

duckroll

kayos90 said:
Just ignore him. Honestly he spouts crap that is very generalized and assumes things. Getting back on topic, are we going to expect something like two years ago when they showed FFXII?

I'm guessing you mean FFXIII instead? I think we can largely expect the same thing. There'll be a new trailer which should be the second last trailer they cut for the game (there's usually one last one just before the game is released), it should feature the theme song, and also have the release date.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Troll from gamefaqs? Junior Member? I hope your ass gets permabanned.

duckroll said:
I'm guessing you mean FFXIII instead? I think we can largely expect the same thing. There'll be a new trailer which should be the second last trailer they cut for the game (there's usually one last one just before the game is released), it should feature the theme song, and also have the release date.
Sweet, really looking forward to this. I really liked the thing they showed 2 years ago.

Beth Cyra

Dear god it's like the poster from the other day that insisted that Square was in love with Nintendo and wasn't going to Sony and that Sony was dying and all kinds of other crazy nonsense.

Edge_Maverick said:
Is that a new Archylte Steppe? It looks gorgeous.

Nice looking town too, it does have a Versus feeling...

I'm not sure, but it's nice that they've discovered the foliage techniques that everyother developer has been using for the last 4 years or so.

duckroll

Die Squirrel Die said:
I'm not sure, but it's nice that they've discovered the foliage techniques that everyother developer has been using for the last 4 years or so.

Hey look, HD graphics are hard okay? Lol. :(

rataven

Haha, oh gosh FF threads are wacky today.

duckroll said:
Hope the new trailer delivers some goods. What I really want to know is, where is Snow?? I just picture him all scruffy and bedraggled and drunk over Serah.

TheChaos

Aeana said:
I was so disappointed when Charice left Glee after like 2 episodes. I was so sure she was going to join the cast. She was the most amazing person ever on the show. (._. )

Glad she's involved in this.

I wasn't. She was A TERRRRRIBLE actress.

jett

D-Member
sugeeeee~~~

this has to be the least interested I've ever been about a final fantasy game, sad times. I want a FF game without the unholy trinity of Kitase/Toriyama/Nomura.

Aeana

jett said:
sugeeeee~~~

this has to be the least interested I've ever been about a final fantasy game, sad times. I want a FF game without the unholy trinity of Kitase/Toriyama/Nomura.
Good news, there's one coming out next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom