• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 TGS News Thread [New Details, One Disc On 360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

A lot of discussion on the previous pages about the games length.

I remember in a recent interview, Toriyama said the game would be shorter than XIII.

I just cant seem to dig up it up.....

Edit: a simple google search led me to this :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30840046&postcount=336

As for the game's length, Toriyama explains that it's slightly shorter than XIII in terms of volume, but many new gameplay elements have been added including the Historia Crux system, fragments, and mini games.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
M_Night said:
A lot of discussion on the previous pages about the games length.

I remember in a recent interview, Toriyama said the game would be shorter than XIII.

I just cant seem to dig up it up.....

Yeah he did say it would be shorter. Around 40 hours, give or take.

xion4360

yeah but its always important to note that they are talking about playing through the main story. There is more than likely much more side content in this than 13 had, meaning that ultimately you will be playing longer.

Pooya

NYCC panel description

http://nycc11.mapyourshow.com/5_0/sessions/sessiondetails.cfm?ScheduledSessionID=1AAACA

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Date: Friday, October 14
10:45 am - 11:45 am

Speaker:

Description:
“East Meets West: Art Direction for a Worldwide Audience”. The panel will consist of a guided presentation of FFXIII-2’s art direction, followed by a discussion with an Art Director working on a top-tier North American RPG. The panel will close with the reveal of a collaborative art project.

Pooya

Do Play Arts Kai figures count as art project? :b Play Arts figures for Mass Effect 3, something like that for example.

StuBurns

Banned
Who's doing the character designs for this game? Wiki has Nomura listed as an artist, but it doesn't look like it's his stuff.

EDIT: Never mind, it is him. Maybe he was drunk that day.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
StuBurns said:
Who's doing the character designs for this game? Wiki has Nomura listed as an artist, but it doesn't look like it's his stuff.

H.Minaba (Hope, Yeul), I.Kamikokuryo (Light's armor), N. Ikeda, T. Nomura (faces) for what we know.

duckroll said:
Yusuke Naora designed the outfits for Noel and Serah, Toshitaka Matsuda designed the moogle.

Yeah, that too thanks :p

duckroll

Perfo said:
H.Minaba (Hope), I.Kamikokuryo (Light's armor), N. Ikeda (everyone else?), T. Nomura (faces) for what we know.

Yusuke Naora designed the outfits for Noel and Serah, Toshitaka Matsuda designed the moogle. Naora also designed Kaias.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
The European website has been updated with various stuff, included a new design interface for it. Also FFXIII-2's TGS DEMO will be playable from today on at the London Eurogamer Expo in english.

Elios83

The game definetly seems to be more interesting than I initially thought.
Fact is that they fucked up a relatively simple story like that in FFXIII.........what's going to happen when you throw in time travels and time paradoxes XP? I exepct a total mess of a story.
Also I've watched the new trailers........and the game looks like the 360 version of FFXIII in both versions.....you know the ugly dithering, low res hair textures and all of that........plus the fact they didn't bother with 1080p CG scenes because they can't do them on the 360 without going multidisc....definetly a disappointment.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Perfo said:
The European website has been updated with various stuff, included a new design interface for it. Also FFXIII-2's TGS DEMO will be playable from today on at the London Eurogamer Expo in english.
When I look at the EU page, all I can see are benzene molecules...

XU8MQ.png

But at least it's better than the NA site. The North American site for the game continues to look boring and lacklustre (and sometimes somewhat messy as you scroll towards the bottom) as always.

NA
6CBUb.png

EU
5q4vA.png

At least the JP site is alright.

Zxm0q.png

Ricker

Pre-order bonuses for FFXIII-2 ok quite a difference there lol

Three different preorder bonuses will be available to potential buyers depending on the retail outlet selected. Preorders made at GameStop will unlock an alternate costume for protagonist (and Lightning's sister) Serah. Preorders made on Amazon include a unique boss battle at the coliseum against Omega. Following this battle, Omega joins your party along with the rest of the monsters that can be recruited and trained throughout the campaign.

Costume or Boss fight,mmmm....

Jomjom

Banned
Was there ever an official release of Final Fantasy XIII Episode Zero? That bonus that Best Buy is giving isn't it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom