• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - A Tour of Eorzea Part 3

Baleoce

Perhaps I'm not explaining myself well enough. When you buy a physical CE, can you use it to upgrade your account that you are using to play the beta with now? Or does it have to be a separate account?

chrono01

I know this game isn't the most technically demanding game out there, but I've decided to upgrade many of the components of my current PC so I can play it fully maxed out [I can only now play it near medium settings].

That just goes to show how excited I am for Final Fantasy XIV [I already have my Collector's Edition pre-ordered].

Perhaps I'm not explaining myself well enough. When you buy a physical CE, can you use it to upgrade your account that you are using to play the beta with now? Or does it have to be a separate account?
You can just upgrade your account with the Collector's Edition key. There's no reason to create a new account.

Actually, if you want the bonus items for pre-ordering [well, once the site begins the redemption, anyway] you HAVE to use the same account, so not only is it possible to upgrade your account, it's basically required.

Ferr986

Do you mean using your beta account character with your C.E.? Yeah. I did that with my 1.0 CE and my 1.0 beta character.

I know this game isn't the most technically demanding game out there, but I've decided to upgrade many of the components of my current PC so I can play it fully maxed out [I can only now play it near medium settings].

I would do this if my most outdated stuff on my computer where not the CPU and mobo :(
With that said it still looks really good in medium settings.

Baleoce

You can just upgrade your account with the Collector's Edition key. There's no reason to create a new account.

Actually, if you want the bonus items for pre-ordering [well, once the site begins the redemption, anyway] you HAVE to use the same account, so not only is it possible to upgrade your account, it's basically required.

Do you mean using your beta account character with your C.E.? Yeah. I did that with my 1.0 CE and my 1.0 beta character.

That clears it up perfectly, thanks :)

chrono01

That clears it up perfectly, thanks :)
You're very welcome. :)

I would do this if my most outdated stuff on my computer where not the CPU and mobo :(
With that said it still looks really good in medium settings.
That's funny considering the things I need to replace are basically my CPU and Motherboard. -_-

I want to get more RAM, but unfortunately, my Motherboard only supports older RAM that's now not being largely manufactured, so it costs A LOT to upgrade. I want to upgrade my Motherboard to future-proof it so I can add more RAM later easily. As for my CPU, it's a Q6600 and is vastly outdated [even with it being overclocked to 3.0GHZ].

At this point, I'm almost tempted to replace everything [except mouse/keyboard/speakers] and be done with it. My HDD is nearing full-capacity as well, and I'd like to get a SSD for games.

FFXIV, why did you have to come around and make me question my PC? Why!?

railGUN

Banned
I've enjoyed the beta, but god dammit I want Notorious Monsters ala FFXI. Those things were my crack, despite constantly loosing to bots.

Preordered the PS3 version, good deal at Amazon right now.
Will upgrade to the PS4 version when that comes out.
Q: Will I need to be a PSN Plus subscriber to play FFXIV on PS4?

Ferr986

That's funny considering the things I need to replace are basically my CPU and Motherboard. -_-

I want to get more RAM, but unfortunately, my Motherboard only supports older RAM that's now not being largely manufactured, so it costs A LOT to upgrade. I want to upgrade my Motherboard to future-proof it so I can add more RAM later easily. As for my CPU, it's a Q6600 and is vastly outdated [even with it being overclocked to 3.0GHZ].

At this point, I'm almost tempted to replace everything [except mouse/keyboard/speakers] and be done with it. My HDD is nearing full-capacity as well, and I'd like to get a SSD for games.

FFXIV, why did you have to come around and make me question my PC? Why!?

I have a Phenom II 955. If I want to change my CPU (and I need to, because is what is holding me back now) I have to buy a new motherboard.
Problem is that I dont really play that much on PC and PS4 is coming... I may just wait for the PS4 version (they said it would be like max settings PC version).

Q: Will I need to be a PSN Plus subscriber to play FFXIV on PS4?

nope

chrono01

I have a Phenom II 955. If I want to change my CPU (and I need to, because is what is holding me back now) I have to buy a new motherboard.
Problem is that I dont really play that much on PC and PS4 is coming... I may just wait for the PS4 version (they said it would be like max settings PC version)
I don't blame you in not wanting to upgrade. I'm not especially excited about it either, considering FFXIV is really the only upcoming PC game that I want to play [I dedicate my PC purely for MMO's since the rest play better on consoles in my opinion, and I'm not a huge fan of FPS's], and yet here I am debating the upgrade.

Burning Crusade did this to me back when it was released and now Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn is doing the same. At least the upgrade will last me until the next massive MMO comes out that I'll [likely] be interested in playing!

Ferr986

I don't blame you in not wanting to upgrade. I'm not especially excited about it either, considering FFXIV is really the only upcoming PC game that I want to play [I dedicate my PC purely for MMO's since the rest play better on consoles in my opinion, and I'm not a huge fan of FPS's], and yet here I am debating the upgrade.

Burning Crusade did this to me back when it was released and now Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn is doing the same. At least the upgrade will last me until the next massive MMO comes out that I'll [likely] be interested in playing!

Yeah I dont like FPS and such, and my PC can handle really good current console ports (just tried Sonic Racing Transformed and runs smooth) so it feels like a waste for one game that I cant max, especially when a PS4 version is coming.

And I got my PC for an MMO too, got it for FFXIV 1.0 lol, although didnt even take care enough of the specs (I was too cheap chosing a CPU), that game ran worse than ARR...

AFAIK They confirmed it only for their own free to play MMOs, and this is neither Sony or F2P

Oh, ok, then my fault. I hope Sony and SE can solve this.

The awesome thing about that trailer is that it kind of thematically progressed like a classic Final Fantasy game

Fantasy worlds that slowly progress into technology.

Even in FF1 you eventually got a point where you were fighting robots in a mechanical castle.

Teknoman

Castrum Centri looks like it'll be pretty challenging...also Kobolds really have built up much more than the other beast tribes.

Top Bottom