• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Signups Open & Opening Movie Released

Cmagus

I believe you meant "Yda" instead of Rhalgr.

Perhaps it's something to signify they are part of the Circle of Knowing. Maybe it's something to keep the memory of Louisoix, the Archon, alive. I love speculating.

Ah right thanks for the correction. Yeah the devices are weird they look like some kind of goggles or some sort of seeing device.

That opening is something I could watch like 100 times in a day. I really want to play this, and I NEVER want to play MMORPGs. Being a big FF fan, I hope I can scrounge up the money. Man, I can never afford subscription based gaming, though...

Ammish

Banned
Welp, I'm game. Time to sign up for the beta, get access and only log in around 3 hours worth before getting bored.

Probably might prod the missus into signing up for the beta, so my attention span last beyond 3 hours.

Cmagus

Someone pointed out on the forums that they all seem to have a marking on their clothing.
*images from the forums*

0d17alnXSLUUF5E5vSVxdSIbllCywhQAWPFv4sZXUw.png

Capture_zpsb071b732.png

Cmagus

I don't suppose that having been part of 1.0's beta guarantees me a spot in this one's beta?

Unless you are a legacy member unfortunately not. Still apply chances are you will get in at some point I think everyone will by the end.

Caelestis

Signed up for the PS3 beta since I have the Legacy status. Luckily I still have that FF13 members paper around.

Ricker

Done...with my FFXIII code...wasnt sure on the zero or letter O but it took it so I guess its good,thanks for the heads up.

Jubern

Registered! Bought FFXIII on 360 since I didn't had a PS3 at the time of its release though... Crossing fingers for an invite to the PS3 beta!

Be careful guys, my confirmation email ended up in Gmail's spam folder.

Riposte

I forget who, but one of the editors on Rock Paper Shotgun said much the same thing.

As they say, there's just no accounting for taste...

I recall that article having some misinformation as well (e.g. deleting old characters). I'm suppose say "Game Journalism" here sarcastically, right?

Lockon

Anybody know if people that got in the alpha need to apply again or we are automatically get in the closed beta?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I'm not the biggest MMO or FF fan, but that trailer?

i3ofquwJ0TV6v.gif

God damn...I think it was part of having no idea what the plotline was so when the Dragon came and started doing his shit I was in awe. Probably one of the best CGI Dragon fights I've seen (at least from the Dragon's perspectove).

Hopefully they select me for beta, i got the hardware to run it in all its glory! If they dont Im stil getting this game. Ive been dying to play a good FF MMO.

Jarnet87

When do old members of FF14 get to try the beta? Not legacy status, just people who had old accounts and got the welcome back trial. I signing up for the Beta just in case. Of course being a game I want to play I wont get in.

2San

Signed up for the pc beta. Remember getting into the previous beta, but not having time to play because of exams. Hope they don't have beta testing during exams again. :x

N.A

Banned
When do old members of FF14 get to try the beta? Not legacy status, just people who had old accounts and got the welcome back trial. I signing up for the Beta just in case. Of course being a game I want to play I wont get in.

Phase 3.

Z3M0G

So happy right now to be a Legacy player. :)

I'll dig up my FFXIII code and apply for the PS3 beta when I get home.

Was breaking the seal a requirement to summon Dalamund?

Dalamud (Read: Bahamut) had been drawing crystal energy for a while. This explains anomalous crystal formations and behaviors in and around Mor Dhona, but also goes along with why the Primals are so bent on having crystals in their possession. It seems to be their primary font of power (If you beat Garuda, there's a scene where as her avatar is vanishing, she reaches toward Dalamud and proclaims that the crystals are hers as you see the energy flowing from her and toward the moon). Darnus kept showing up and applauding the players for defeating the primal avatars, seemingly in mocking fashion, but it seems now that you were doing the dirty work for him. I don't think Darnus broke the seal himself, per se, more so helped increase the flow of energy to Dalamud and initiated its descent when the time was right. Bahamut was just bursting with energy and has, supposedly, had a few hundred years of captivity to seethe in rage.

Arksy

Dalamud (Read: Bahamut) had been drawing crystal energy for a while. This explains anomalous crystal formations and behaviors in and around Mor Dhona, but also goes along with why the Primals are so bent on having crystals in their possession. It seems to be their primary font of power (If you beat Garuda, there's a scene where as her avatar is vanishing, she reaches toward Dalamud and proclaims that the crystals are hers as you see the energy flowing from her and toward the moon). Darnus kept showing up and applauding the players for defeating the primal avatars, seemingly in mocking fashion, but it seems now that you were doing the dirty work for him. I don't think Darnus broke the seal himself, per se, more so helped increase the flow of energy to Dalamud and initiated its descent when the time was right. Bahamut was just bursting with energy and has, supposedly, had a few hundred years of captivity to seethe in rage.

I love the fact that the world isn't shallow and is fantastically detailed. Thanks. What's the direction going to be now that we're in the future?

I love the fact that the world isn't shallow and is fantastically detailed. Thanks. What's the direction going to be now that we're in the future?

Bahamut is still around. Garlemald is still a threat. The relationship between the city-states is on-edge now that the Eorzean alliance has failed. Resources are beginning to dwindle. Some of the religions have splintered. There are new questions about the Allagan empire.

I'm actually extremely interested in seeing where they go with it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Vocal FF Victory Theme Choir was awesome at the end there.

Whoever is hating on the music can go away, the music itself is superb.

Top Bottom