• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, absolutely stellar OP.

Code Redemption still seems down. I can't imagine why the site is still up, if I wasn't reading the forums or the Twitter feed, I'd be so incredibly frustrated. Casual users are getting confused, I'm sure.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I just remembered something, since I noticed some people talking about cross-platform play. It's worth noting that your macros, gear sets, and skill placement on your hotbars is stored locally and NOT server-side. Bear that in mind because if you try to jump between platforms, whatever preferences you set on one platform will not automatically transfer to another.

Hopefully they add a feature to upload/download cross-platform configuration data from the servers like they did for FFXI.

Lord Phol

So does anyone have any info on the Grand Companies? I've tried googling but I failed to find anything detailed enough D:.

omlet

Wow. I've made a thread on the beta forum regarding the error which prevented me from using my goobbue/legacy chocobo ("Unauthorized to summon mount").
Yesterday, a mod moved it to the "insufficient information" asking to provide more info, since I didn't provide my pc specs, modem model and browser.
Only problem is that we can't even post in the bug forum anymore, so there goes my chance to report it properly.

Do you have a grand company chocobo? If not, this isn't a bug. You can't ride ANY mounts until you get your GC chocobo to "unlock" the riding ability (in-game info is not clear on this). Then again, if you have legacy choco, I'd imagine you had a GC choco...

Edit:
So does anyone have any info on the Grand Companies? I've tried googling but I failed to find anything detailed enough D:.

What are you looking for?

BLCKATK

Do you know yet where AF+1 comes from or how you get it?

When I went to Mor Dhonda, I saw it being dealt out by an NPC associated with Rowena. It required Allghan Tomes of Mythology (or Philosophy, I don't remember..) which you can only get 300 of a week. The pieces are pretty expensive (I think the Body piece was 825 or something like that) so it will take weeks to get the gear once you get to the point where you can begin farming the Tomes.

Can you change the color of AFs? I rolled pugilist/monk and I kinda want to change the yellow to red.

Unfortunately you cannot.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do you have a grand company chocobo? If not, this isn't a bug.
I don't and I've heard this theory before, but are we 100% sure that it's the only problem.
I know that it says that you need a chocobo license in descriptions of some mounts, but some people who posted in my thread on the beta forums claimed that they had the license and yet couldn't summon their chocobos.
That's why I'm confused.

TnK

Pre-ordered the CE. My questions are: Do I need to always need to constantly play the game? Is it possible to only play it for the story line and some side quests with friend?
Finally, I couldn't enter the Ragnarock Legacy server, will I get a chance to enter there, as all my friends are there?

I downloaded the phase 4 beta, and didn't play it as I couldn't enter the Ragnarock server, and was too stubborn to try on other servers. Character creator is also pretty cool, managed to make one of the characters look very similar to how I look IRL. Time to live the FANTASY!

I just remembered something, since I noticed some people talking about cross-platform play. It's worth noting that your macros, gear sets, and skill placement on your hotbars is stored locally and NOT server-side. Bear that in mind because if you try to jump between platforms, whatever preferences you set on one platform will not automatically transfer to another.

Hopefully they add a feature to upload/download cross-platform configuration data from the servers like they did for FFXI.

And I will say that it is EXTREMELY annoying.

Lord Phol

Do you have a grand company chocobo? If not, this isn't a bug. You can't ride ANY mounts until you get your GC chocobo to "unlock" the riding ability (in-game info is not clear on this). Then again, if you have legacy choco, I'd imagine you had a GC choco...

Edit:

What are you looking for?

Just kind of want to know what the different rewards or benefits are for each company.
And yay I've finally redeemed my 20-digit code and should be all set for early access! :D

rockx4

I had no idea they weren't stored server side for easy cross play, definitely disappointed. I hope they do something about this.

omlet

I don't and I've heard this theory before, but are we 100% sure that it's the only problem.
I know that it says that you need a chocobo license in descriptions of some mounts, but some people who posted in my thread on the beta forums claimed that they had the license and yet couldn't summon their chocobos.
That's why I'm confused.

I read that thread and people reporting a similar issue who did have GC chocobos were saying they were getting a different error message. The "unauthorized" message is not a bug, it's because you haven't unlocked riding. The basis for me saying this is the very clear wording on the preorder bonus items descriptions that states you cannot ride mounts until you unlock them in game (by getting GC chocobo).

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/
"* Players will be able to ride mounts once they have reached level 20 and have obtained a chocobo."

Not a bug.

When I went to Mor Dhonda, I saw it being dealt out by an NPC associated with Rowena. It required Allghan Tomes of Mythology (or Philosophy, I don't remember..) which you can only get 300 of a week. The pieces are pretty expensive (I think the Body piece was 825 or something like that) so it will take weeks to get the gear once you get to the point where you can begin farming the Tomes.

Oh interesting. Hmm. Now, the tomes you speak of - do you just get those from running certain dungeons? I didn't do any of that stuff in 1.x when I played. I mostly just leveled my WHM to 50, got full AF, then quit shortly after when they started to charge. xD

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I read that thread and people reporting a similar issue who did have GC chocobos were saying they were getting a different error message. The "unauthorized" message is not a bug, it's because you haven't unlocked riding. The basis for me saying this is the very clear wording on the preorder bonus items descriptions that states you cannot ride mounts until you unlock them in game (by getting GC chocobo).

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/
"* Players will be able to ride mounts once they have reached level 20 and have obtained a chocobo."

Not a bug.
But:
That's what I'm sort of trying to make clear. The person I quoted said that you only get the Unauthorized message if you didn't complete the GC Choco license in 1.0. I'm trying to point out it's not true. Me, and my friends all did that in 1.0. We all have 3 mounts listed in Mounts under Action/Traits. My friends could not summon their mounts at all from the moment they first tried. Where as I could with no problem. After the server crashed Friday. I started getting Unauthorized message as well. To summarize, neither me or my friends got the Unable to execute message. All 3 of us are getting Unauthorized message. All 3 of us completed GC Choco license in 1.0 prior to the shutdown. All 3 of us have 3 mounts which are visible and able to be dragged to hotbar.

Now that I think about it. I wonder if it had anything to do with us changing our starting Class. My main was Glad 41, theirs 42WHM & MNK. All 3 of us went Arcanist at start of B4.

D23

I will get the ps4 version. Loved the beta but I just don't have time.to invest on a mmorpg at the moment

If I am a legacy player who also pre ordered the ps3 CE I will still be able to play if they don't fix the code redemption in time for the start of early access right? I will just have to wait for them to fix it to redeem the code for the pre order bonus items?

omlet

Just kind of want to know what the different rewards or benefits are for each company.
And yay I've finally redeemed my 20-digit code and should be all set for early access! :D

All the GCs are functionally the same.

The gear you can get from them is slightly different but you should not chose your GC based on the gear stats because the differences are minimal and spread out such that for each piece that one GC has that's aimed at a type of job, another GC has the same kind of thing in another slot. You won't be wearing full GC gear except for looks. Pick GC based on gear looks, maybe, but not stats.

Flames gear
Adder gear
Maelstrom gear

In their case, that sounds like a bug, but not in your case.

Zalasta

Player preferences and macros have almost always been stored client side in MMO. Especially those that support add-on's. That's why everything reverts to default setting when you log on from another computer/system. It's inconvenient but certainly not out of the norm or unexpected.

BLCKATK

Oh interesting. Hmm. Now, the tomes you speak of - do you just get those from running certain dungeons? I didn't do any of that stuff in 1.x when I played. I mostly just leveled my WHM to 50, got full AF, then quit shortly after when they started to charge. xD

There were two types of tomes, Tomes of Philosophy and Tomes of Mythology. The Philosophy tomes, as far as I know, come from trading in melded gear with cracked materia (from 1.0), and some items from 1.0 that don't have much use. You can trade it in for Darklight which leads me to believe that you can get these tomes from running the level 50 dungeons at the end of the game.

For the Tomes of Mythology there was no way to get them in Phase 4, but I'm assuming you will receive them from an endgame dungeon more difficult then Cutter's Cry or Aurum Vale for example.

kirby2096

If I am a legacy player who also pre ordered the ps3 CE I will still be able to play if they don't fix the code redemption in time for the start of early access right? I will just have to wait for them to fix it to redeem the code for the pre order bonus items?

Yes for the PC version. I don't know if you'll be able to play the PS3 version during early access with Legacy and no pre-order code.

rockx4

Player preferences and macros have almost always been stored client side in MMO. Especially those that support add-on's. That's why everything reverts to default setting when you log on from another computer/system. It's inconvenient but certainly not out of the norm or unexpected.

The thing is with WoW it was easy copying my character settings on a flash drive and bringing it with me, the same can't be said about FFXIV unless SE let's us transfer settings with a flash drive also.

Zomba13

Service Accounts
FINAL FANTASY XIV
Permanent Options
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Windows(R)
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Legacy
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test Windows(R)
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Collector's Edition
Onion Helm
Asuran Armguards
Helm of Light
Baby Behemoth
Behemoth Barding
Coeurl Bell
Legacy Chocobo Whistle

Service Option to be Added
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Pre-Order Code Windows(R)
Mog Cap
Cait Sith Doll Minion

Awwwww yeeeeeah.

Error 3. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

<p class="error error_invalid_code">There was a problem with your code. Please make sure you have entered it correctly.</p>
<p class="error error_code_already_used">The code entered has already been used.</p>
<p class="error error_generic">There was a problem. Please try again later</p>

<p class="error error_invalid_code">Error 1: There was a problem. Please try again later</p>
<p class="error error_code_already_used">Error 2: There was a problem. Please try again later</p>
<p class="error error_generic">Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later</p>

From the code redemption page source.

Also, what is nice in the page source is the ASCII Chocobo and FF logo in comments.

There were two types of tomes, Tomes of Philosophy and Tomes of Mythology. The Philosophy tomes, as far as I know, come from trading in melded gear with cracked materia (from 1.0), and some items from 1.0 that don't have much use. You can trade it in for Darklight which leads me to believe that you can get these tomes from running the level 50 dungeons at the end of the game.

For the Tomes of Mythology there was no way to get them in Phase 4, but I'm assuming you will receive them from an endgame dungeon more difficult then Cutter's Cry or Aurum Vale for example.

Oh okay, thanks. That doesn't sound too difficult (assuming that is where you get the tomes from in the full game). The limit of 300 per week is a little sad, but I guess it makes sense. They don't want people spamming one dungeon over and over and getting all the gear in a week, lol.

Yes for the PC version. I don't know if you'll be able to play the PS3 version during early access with Legacy and no pre-order code.

Ah yeah that is fine, I just wanted the new CE for collection purposes and already had the PC CE from 1.0 so might as well have gotten a PS3 CE this time in case I ended up wanting to fool around there. Plan on waiting until PS4 to actually put any real playtime into a console version if I happen to still be playing when they get that out.

Lord Phol

All the GCs are functionally the same.

The gear you can get from them is slightly different but you should not chose your GC based on the gear stats because the differences are minimal and spread out such that for each piece that one GC has that's aimed at a type of job, another GC has the same kind of thing in another slot. You won't be wearing full GC gear except for looks. Pick GC based on gear looks, maybe, but not stats.

Flames gear
Adder gear
Maelstrom gear

Ah right thanks! That helps a bit ^^.

omlet

The thing is with WoW it was easy copying my character settings on a flash drive and bringing it with me, the same can't be said about FFXIV unless SE let's us transfer settings with a flash drive also.

C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\FFXIV_CHR<guid>

Service Accounts
FINAL FANTASY XIV
Permanent Options
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Windows(R)
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Legacy
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test Windows(R)
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Collector's Edition
Onion Helm
Asuran Armguards
Helm of Light
Baby Behemoth
Behemoth Barding
Coeurl Bell
Legacy Chocobo Whistle

Service Option to be Added
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Pre-Order Code Windows(R)
Mog Cap
Cait Sith Doll Minion

is there any way to view this info on SEaccount.com?

SE need to consolidate all of their websites into one.

they really do. how many do we have now? SEmembers, SEserviceaccounts, FFXIVmain site, FFXIVcode redemption, loadstone.

Emitan

"Registration for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Pre-Order Code Windows(R) is complete."

Weird that they sent me that email when using the 18 code redemption site worked.

Askani

People that are now successfully completing the 18 digit pre-order code page and getting 20 digit codes: are you getting the correct 20 digit codes?

Zomba13

is there any way to view this info on SEaccount.com?

No clue. It showed me my current active services and what it'll be adding (Mog Cap and Cait Sith) on the page after entering the 20 character code.

Where did you find this information?

Where did you get that piece by piece breakdown from?

On the page after entering the 20 character code (that is the code after redeeming the 18 character code on the partly working preorder site).
The page you enter the 20 character code on is the one linked to on the page you get the 20 character code.

Askani said:
People that are now successfully completing the 18 digit pre-order code page and getting 20 digit codes: are you getting the correct 20 digit codes?

Yup. EU region, EU redemption code.

Pre-Order Code Registration Complete

Registration for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Pre-Order Code Windows(R) is complete.

Zalasta

Your comparison is not really applicable if you're referring to transferring between PC and PS3 settings, since there is no precedence at the moment, not even with WoW because no other MMO supports cross play. So yes it would be nice if SE support it somehow, but the practice itself is not new in the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom