• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

They were talking like they want coil2 to have the same reputation coil1 did when the game was released. Iirc that reputation was "Impossible to beat" (at least for turn 5). I wonder if they will actually pull it off.

Hopefully it's actually difficulty instead of
artificial difficulty
like with the original twisters.

creid

To repeat: Would you guys like me to refresh the GAF roster google doc (after archiving the old one)? This would mainly be done for the sake for a second major launch (and removing the trial only players from the last launch). I'm by no means a regular player so I'm not sure what the community in this thread wants; it would involve having to get everyone to post on it again.
The original one got pretty messed up, one new clean one might be nice. Might be better to wait for the first expansion though, I'm not sure how many people will care to fill out their info again.

desu

Hopefully it's actually difficulty instead of
artificial difficulty
like with the original twisters.

Basically this, Yoshida just cockblocked players with the original twisters. It's original design made it impossible for players to get past it reliably.

Noi

BiyxfSYCYAAEE_u.png:large

This is the game we play.

Sophia

"Basic Training: Enemy Strongholds" is the worst Guildhest ever. Almost all the info Lost Rabbit tells you is like wrong and incorrect and not at all useful. :(

Where are all those officers??

Are there buffs now? If not I can come on and put them up.

Yeah. Elliott beat me to it. Unfortunately a lot of people are taking a break right now and not logging in as frequently until 2.2 (myself included). Hopefully the issue will mostly resolve itself when the update hits, but we are taking some steps to alleviate the issue in the mean time.

We have been on the lookout to add some day time hours leadership and I think bolstering our leadership a bit more wouldn't hurt.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah. Elliott beat me to it. Unfortunately a lot of people are taking a break right now and not logging in as frequently until 2.2 (myself included). Hopefully the issue will mostly resolve itself when the update hits, but we are taking some steps to alleviate the issue in the mean time.

We have been on the lookout to add some day time hours leadership and I think bolstering our leadership a bit more wouldn't hurt.

Maybe we should do another vote?

Side note, I wouldn't mind being a leader - I already spend a lot of time in the game as it is and don't mind helping people.

btkadams

Newbie here. I'm a level 14 Marauder. What do I do with attributes I earn every level-up if I feel I might move to magic after mastering the Marauder class?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Newbie here. I'm a level 14 Marauder. What do I do with attributes I earn every level-up if I feel I might move to magic after mastering the Marauder class?

Well MRD becomes a Warrior when they get their job class. You'll want to put all those into Vitality.

Xux

Those allocated stats are separate for each class so you should focus on Vitality for the tank classes.

i'd go full str while you level. you want to kill things faster, esp. while soloing. you can always respec for 10k seals later. seals are very easy to come by.

I wish the FC chest had more room, I plan to craft every single meal from 20 to 30 today and was planning to put a few of the more useful ones in the chest but very little room...meh

Raijinken

I wish the FC chest had more room, I plan to craft every single meal from 20 to 30 today and was planning to put a few of the more useful ones in the chest but very little room...meh

You don't know how many times I've been tempted to take several things out of the chest just to throw them away because people aren't using any of it....

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looking to get some first time Hard Mode dungeon runs in later Sunday.

God Speed

Copper Bell can be a pain in the ass when people don't follow the mechanics of bosses

Haukke Manor is hilariously easier and faster to get done with, except last boss can be cumbersome if DPS don't understand why it's a DPS race against the adds that spawn

Pharos Sirius, you better hope people don't quit right off the bat, that's the omen which let you know if that damn dungeon is worth it or not

Why are you leveling up that way?

Seriously your better off making antelope/aldgoat (the meat is super cheap, just buy it out, then buy the vendor items of garlic + make your own salt) steak & chamomile (just farm the chamomile) tea

You'll only get the bonus once, unless you really want that Master's Ring

Jesus getting this gold fishing rod is taking forever....

At least with gathering your moving around, have to pay attention, with fishing it's 2 button click, even then it feels so fucking slow

It took me roughly 4 hours to fish up 500 fishes on the level 50 spot, in that time I could farm up a truckload of button mushrooms, roughly 35 stacks, 5 of them 99 HQ Stacks
Only thing that was worth it were the sharks I caught, but good lord all the other fish don't sell for shit, just vendor-ed them all, some hadn't been bought for months....

>_<

Xux

I want a tank job for Thaumaturge. I'd rock that ish so hard. Totally just tanked part of Halatali as my Black Mage and want them to run with this.

Dunan

About to sign up again and finally take on 2.1 -- anybody know if there's an easy way to sign up for one month exactly and not have a recurring subscription? I want to play again for a while but won't have a lot of time two months from now, and am not looking forward to the hassle of trying to cancel.

Are there 30-day cards for the NA PSN? Here in Japan we can buy them in convenience stores. That's how I want to sign up.

GraveRobberX

About to sign up again and finally take on 2.1 -- anybody know if there's an easy way to sign up for one month exactly and not have a recurring subscription? I want to play again for a while but won't have a lot of time two months from now, and am not looking forward to the hassle of trying to cancel.

Are there 30-day cards for the NA PSN? Here in Japan we can buy them in convenience stores. That's how I want to sign up.

There are 60 days (2 months) time cards from amazon for $29.99, no 1 month though...

Dark Knight would be sooo sexy.

Well just mash GLD or MRD with THM and you'd get the gist of DRK

Wonder what weapon they would give them

If they use MRD most likely Great Sword
If they use GLD I'm thinking Club/Scythe

They can make it a tank class if they give it an abundant skill of life/leech steal from mobs
Throw in THM/BLM magic to gain hate, do 50% potency, but have a skill that you put up like defiance or shield oath, that each magic cast gains double the enmity, even giving the tank a free proc here or there to keep MP reserves in check unless they get riot blade nature skill

Isaccard

Make some gathering food dude

You don't know how many times I've been tempted to take several things out of the chest just to throw them away because people aren't using any of it....

I do it all the time; I'm pretty sure most of us all have the same minions that people keep stuffing in there by now.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
About the fc chest, what's the procedure to ask to use some items, or is it for sacrificial offerings to our lord and saviors ;P

More seriously, the 10k seals to respec, does subsequent tries at respecing come with a higher cost in seals, or is it always 10k seals?

Sorian

Banned
About the fc chest, what's the procedure to ask to use some items, or is it for sacrificial offerings to our lord and saviors ;P

More seriously, the 10k seals to respec, does subsequent tries at respecing come with a higher cost in seals, or is it always 10k seals?

Always a flat 10k. It's just an item you guy from your grand company vendor.

Single-use item that you can buy multiple of, to be exact.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I finally started the actual non-tutorial game. Level 15 ACN with some levels in CNJ & THM so I can level those up as well. Hopefully I can get my SCH up and running decently before inFAMOUS drops.

GraveRobberX

OK what the hell is going on with RMT's?

Seriously, since 8AM till now, 11 tells from 11 RMT accounts...

I've been crafting as a WVR, my god, it's ridiculous

Can there be an option that you receive no tells from anyone that isn't on your FL, I mean seriously...

Sometimes they bombard you back to back, sometimes it's like perfect clockwork, top of the hour hits, bam tell comes in

They really need to get a hold of this, also 200 for blacklist is too small, should be 500+ at least
I had to removed "(Deleted)" names, but only got back like 15 spots, was close to hitting max too, with this new wave, it just keeps going to fill up hella' quick

Sorian

Banned
OK what the hell is going on with RMT's?

Seriously, since 8AM till now, 11 tells from 11 RMT accounts...

I've been crafting as a WVR, my god, it's ridiculous

Can there be an option that you receive no tells from anyone that isn't on your FL, I mean seriously...

Sometimes they bombard you back to back, sometimes it's like perfect clockwork, top of the hour hits, bam tell comes in

They really need to get a hold of this, also 200 for blacklist is too small, should be 500+ at least
I had to removed "(Deleted)" names, but only got back like 15 spots, was close to hitting max too, with this new wave, it just keeps going to fill up hella' quick

It's easier to suck money out of the economy from those people who already don't have much of a pot to piss in instead of actually dealing with the RMT accounts, apparently.

Taruranto

Half problems with RMT would be solved with a simple spam-check, but this is the company that managed to release a game without auto-sort function, so don't get your hopes up.

GraveRobberX

Just give me an option that says if I put this marker up, no one except FL peeps can send me a tell

It would really make FL useful

When it's off it means I'm OK to accept tells from everyone

It can't be that hard can it

Just like you have those offline, afk, looking for meld option, just have one for "Private"

It makes too much sense

GraveRobberX

RMT are paying customers too ..

In other words SE like them.

Well let SE keep getting their money, just give me an option to drown them out

They can go spam to anyone if they don't have the "Private" option up
Everyone would be using it in their downtime, unless they really enjoy getting bombarded with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom