• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

I haven't started my Anima yet, but the models look interesting.

CanI just wait a few months until they nerf some of the stupider steps? A few of the steps right now look like they'd just make me quit and go play something else.

They've nerfed everything except the last 2 before the current step. Which they're supposed to be nerfing this patch... at some point

TFORTOM

Neo Member
For general AOEs, I've not had an issue when using a controller, and I play on an American datacentre while living in Europe. Might we worth trying it out with a controller? You say that it's usually fine, but you should be able to step outside of the vast, vast majority of AOEs.

The main reason that the Drop Dead DRG is a thing is because of Jump attacks. You can never know when a boss is about to drop an AOE on you, and the animation lock for the Jump attacks is such that after you launch, the AOE can drop, and by the time you land back down and try to get out of the AOE, it's too late.

That's just the way the job works in the game. You can only try to mitigate it so much before you're losing DPS, so it's better to take the damage, hope you survive it, and let a healer fix you up.

I tend to switch between controller (Solo Adventuring) and K+M (Dungeons and Raids) depending on the amount of precision I need. I have been trying out the Legacy controls today, they've been helping me out a bit, once I got over the camera differences.

The Jump lock, I feel that pain. Well, at least it's not unexpected of me to be on my face occasionally, I'll just have to be aware of it.

~*~

On another note, finally got to floor 50 of PotD. Ended up doing it in a randomized party, and from 1-40 it was smooth sailing. But 41-50 took like 5 tries. 1st round we were wiped on floor 45, whatever, it can happen. But the next 3 rounds I got floor 49 and a couple of my teamates just bum rushed into a horde of enemies, despite us unlocking the way forward. I have a feeling they may have been doing it on purpose, because they didn't get enough Aether or something? Is this a common occurrence, or am I just crazy? I wish I could have asked them, but I don't speak Japanese. Regadless, incredibly frustrating, seeing as I just wanted to unlock the ability to trade in weapons.

I think the most successful runs in that dungeon are always those with a tank. Everyone by default seems to just follow the tank, targeting who they target. Makes for better teamwork, even without any communication.

w33 vs puppey incoming
PogChamp.png

Dota crossover event?

psyfi

Banned
I've tried signing up from both my PS4 and my PC and both times they never sent me the eight digit confirmation code. So... I'm just kinda stuck. I just got a PS4 and I really want to play this, what a bummer. It's been hours since they were supposed to have sent the first code, I checked all my spam folders and its nowhere to be seen.

creid

I've tried signing up from both my PS4 and my PC and both times they never sent me the eight digit confirmation code. So... I'm just kinda stuck. I just got a PS4 and I really want to play this, what a bummer. It's been hours since they were supposed to have sent the first code, I checked all my spam folders and its nowhere to be seen.
There's some suggestions here that might help. Are you using an email address with a period before the @ symbol?

psyfi

Banned
There's some suggestions here that might help. Are you using an email address with a period before the @ symbol?
Hey, thanks for the the suggestion! I just tried that out and it worked... but then I entered the code and got a system error because my Mac doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run the game... even though I'm registering for the PS4 version...

This has been such a mess, lol.

Edit : I got everything to work out finally. :)

Edit 2 : And now it has to download hours worth of updates/etc lol

Vic_Viper

Finally finished the MSQ for 2.0 thanks to some help from a few FC mates! (Hideo Kazuma is my name in game btw)

Now that I'm lvl 50 and done with the 2.0 content is there anything I can be doing to find some new gear? Just started my relic weapon quest and at the last 10 floors of PotD (91-100). Are there any Raids I can que for or any new Dungeons worth checking out while doing the new MSQs?

When can I start the binding coil stuff? ( that is first right?)

Edit: also can I switch to my botanist while qued?

Squishy3

Finally finished the MSQ for 2.0 thanks to some help from a few FC mates! (Hideo Kazuma is my name in game btw)

Now that I'm lvl 50 and done with the 2.0 content is there anything I can be doing to find some new gear? Just started my relic weapon quest and at the last 10 floors of PotD (91-100). Are there any Raids I can que for or any new Dungeons worth checking out while doing the new MSQs?

When can I start the binding coil stuff? ( that is first right?)
Just continuing through the story will give you gear good enough to get you into Heavensward, they give it out as part of the story. Don't need to worry about getting your item level up at all. And if you own Heavensward already, do your leveling roulette every day. This adds up. (I have a friend who just started Heavensward and is level 59.)

Checklist of cool things to check out:

Tam-Tara Deepcroft hard mode
Amdapor Keep normal and hard mode
Pharos Sirius (needed to unlock the hard mode version at level 60)
Hildibrand

You can see a list of all the content available to unlock in ARR here and you can just ignore the item level requirements, as again, you get all the gear needed to do all the content in ARR and access Heavensward from the MSQ now.

If you just want to be ready for Stormblood it'd be better to focus on getting to the end of Heavensward, as trust me, when you get all caught up, there will be plenty of time to go back and do the things you missed on the way there.

Vic_Viper

Yea I own Heavensward. Thanks, that really helps. I'll definitely check this stuff out.

Hildabrand is something I've been wanting to see also. Do I need to get to a certain point before I can start his quest?

Cmagus

Mudras are definitely a bit smoother now.

I noticed some weird stuff though where I would input Raiton for example but I would hear 3 mudras being activated instead of 2.

Do you find you still get lag? I've noticed alot that I would press a button and hear the noise but it doesn't do anything and I literally have to do it again. I also get the odd time where it does that yet takes a good 1-2 seconds before it recognizes it and by then I'm through the entire mudra and yet the icons are two steps behind and usually result in a failure if I try to continue from that point.

I've really be considering using a new class and bailing on Ninja because of these issues, it can really hurt in higher level content.

Vic_Viper

On the fixed Mudra system. I'm playing a Nin full time currently. I've had times where I'll have two mudras pop at the same time. Like if I'm doing Raiton, I'll have a lightning pop right before the Raiton.

All in all feels so much better now.

psyfi

Banned
Now the patch won't work and I have to mess with the DNS. I've had to troubleshoot four issues now to get my PS4 and this game to work. Consoles are supposed to be simple to use lmao

Cmagus

On the fixed Mudra system. I'm playing a Nin full time currently. I've had times where I'll have two mudras pop at the same time. Like if I'm doing Raiton, I'll have a lightning pop right before the Raiton.

All in all feels so much better now.

See when Ninja first launched it was a mess and Yoshi P took ages to recognize the problem with lag, After that they made changes and for a long time Ninja was almost flawless but lately it feels like it's kind of going back to the way it was in terms of lag imo. Maybe it's just me but something feels off again with the job.

Do you find you still get lag? I've noticed alot that I would press a button and hear the noise but it doesn't do anything and I literally have to do it again. I also get the odd time where it does that yet takes a good 1-2 seconds before it recognizes it and by then I'm through the entire mudra and yet the icons are two steps behind and usually result in a failure if I try to continue from that point.

I've really be considering using a new class and bailing on Ninja because of these issues, it can really hurt in higher level content.

At launch it highly fluctuated between working perfectly and being laggy as hell. Now it's sort of in the middle where it's more consistent but it still lags a little sometimes.

I just try to input it a bit slower so it has time to catch up.

I can only hope they make more changes over time to the point where it was at release except with zero lag mudras.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yea I own Heavensward. Thanks, that really helps. I'll definitely check this stuff out.

Hildabrand is something I've been wanting to see also. Do I need to get to a certain point before I can start his quest?
You should be set if you've complete the base game story. Be aware though it's a pretty long side quest though.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_Gentlemen

Vic_Viper

You should be set if you've complete the base game story. Be aware though it's a pretty long side quest though.

]

Thanks. That first link will really help me out!

Last question, regarding the Stormblood CE. Do we know if it's going to be an SE store exclusive like the FFXV and Nier CEs or will it be available at like GameStop?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks. That first link will really help me out!

Last question, regarding the Stormblood CE. Do we know if it's going to be an SE store exclusive like the FFXV and Nier CEs or will it be available at like GameStop?
Not sure, but fwiw they sold the Heavensward CE everywhere so I assume it's not exclusive. I think the SE store was the first to start taking preorders though and the others started later.

Also not sure which version you're playing but if you're using the Steam version youre stuck with Steam for expansions and can't redeem a SB physical CE code to play SB.

Vic_Viper

Not sure, but fwiw they sold the Heavensward CE everywhere so I assume it's not exclusive. I think the SE store was the first to start taking preorders though and the others started later.

Also not sure which version you're playing but if you're using the Steam version youre stuck with Steam for expansions and can't redeem a SB physical CE code to play SB.

Non Steam Windows version. I was a vanilla 1.0 CE buyer so I just switched over from it.

Seems like this is a new trend that SE is doing though with their more expensive CEs. Hope it is at GameStop though so I don't have to drop $200 all at once on the 23rd.

See when Ninja first launched it was a mess and Yoshi P took ages to recognize the problem with lag, After that they made changes and for a long time Ninja was almost flawless but lately it feels like it's kind of going back to the way it was in terms of lag imo. Maybe it's just me but something feels off again with the job.

One of the patches seem to have done something to my connection because it made stuff lag or come out much slower and VPN's have done nothing to help. Stinks because I've gotten kicked out of statics because they complained of my lower dps, even though I was doing everything correct.

Jolkien

I recently came back after an almost two year break (180 item level) I'm currently trying to catch up in the MSQ and try to get rid of almost two year of rust :p

Any recommendation on where to get better gear next ? Or anything I should unlock ? I know I need to check how to unlock PotD to level other classes, not sure if it's helpful outside of leveling up classes though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I recently came back after an almost two year break (180 item level) I'm currently trying to catch up in the MSQ and try to get rid of almost two year of rust :p

Any recommendation on where to get better gear next ? Or anything I should unlock ? I know I need to check how to unlock PotD to level other classes, not sure if it's helpful outside of leveling up classes though.
PotD allows you to grab ilv 235 and 255 weapons fairly easily (don't even have to run it as your lv 60 class) and is a great source of scripture/lore if you're going through it with your lv 60 class. It's unlocked with a simple quest - just google Palace of the Dead for an extensive wiki page with all the details, rewards etc.

Omni

Yay! The White Mage cane dropped in 12s. Its actually really nice. Probably my favourite in the game.

That also completes all three of my healers and I've still got 7 pages. RNG has been very kind

1fFOVyb.png

Zomba13

Can't wait for a new house design to come along so everyone changes their houses to the new hotness that doesn't have abominations all over it.

How do they expect tank players to get into Dun Scaith or any 24 man without a full 24 man premade?

I've been sitting in the queue for 40 minutes and not a single person has been added to my party.

Is this one of those things that doesn't happen on JP servers so the dev team doesn't do anything about it?

I remember it was like that with bots until Yoship got hit by spam bots during an event or something.

Now I realize that it's not a good idea to look forward to the new Stormblood 24 man raids now because chances are I won't even get to play them.

wamberz1

Got lucky on my niddy clear, mark my first bird. Kinda wished is played revenge of the horde or dragonsong instead of nidhoggs theme though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Cleared Zurvan EX.

I know skipping the soar phase is great but people really do not want to learn the mechanic at all. I have a feeling this is going to be a pain to farm.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't know what offends me more. All the lalas, or that one of the Summoners is flashing the ugly Garuda-egi...

Titan, ifrit and Garuda are all much cooler looking that stupid rabbit carbuncel.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Cleared Zurvan Ex for the first time yesterday, got the weapon today when I was helping a friend clear it. I'm glad I don't have to run it again.

Seems like the best way to handle the 24 man queue for tanks is to group up with a healer or DPS before hand.

On your own it's just way too long but grouping up cuts down on it much like a DPS can get fast queue times by grouping with a tank or healer for 4 man stuff.

Jolkien

PotD allows you to grab ilv 235 and 255 weapons fairly easily (don't even have to run it as your lv 60 class) and is a great source of scripture/lore if you're going through it with your lv 60 class. It's unlocked with a simple quest - just google Palace of the Dead for an extensive wiki page with all the details, rewards etc.

Thanks for the tip :)

Just kiled Zurvan EX with my static and 2 randoms..... lmao what an ending. I think one person that was tethered to me just didn't give a fuck and went the opposite way and half of us died. Our Nin saved us as Zurvan was at 1 percent. It is a really easy fight and easier than Sophia in terms of mechanics except broken seal. Fun fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom