• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I did a thing.

C7dvFaQXUAECA7k.jpg

Heartfyre

Last weekly loot run for Dun Scaith today for upgrading my main's gear. And thank Rhalgr for that, since Dun Scaith just gets more and more frustrating with each run. Running Weeping City once a week was a privilege back in the day, but this one is just boring in comparison. I'd take Ozma over Scathach any day. Looking forward to never going into Dun Scaith again*.

*until it's inevitably incorporated into some 4.0 grindy-content.

ebil

I really wish they'd make wind-up Calofisteri a 100% drop rate minion like they did with the others, because right now it's a massive pain in the ass to get. :<

lmk when you want to jump into 24 mans

they are really, really fucking cool
I did the alaag first one and fucking hell i had no idea what in the hell was going on.

It was even worse as a tank as most of it i spent being a shite DPS and then some bits where God only knows what was going on but we did clear it.

The battle regimen thing in 1.0 seems like a cool idea.

Seems like the sort of thing they could add so people could team up to afflict things like physical/magical defense down and other things instead of having them on just a few jobs.

But they already said they have decided on a solution to this so it probably won't happen.

I mean, I could change one of those things if I wanted.

The other is up to YoshiP. :lol

If you're a SCH/SMN you have an option for thighs in the i100 PvP pants. Nothing for butts though.

They can model some gear with butt if they don't want to add it in the CC.

I'm sure the scantily clad Roebros I see every now and then would really appreciate it.

Last weekly loot run for Dun Scaith today for upgrading my main's gear. And thank Rhalgr for that, since Dun Scaith just gets more and more frustrating with each run. Running Weeping City once a week was a privilege back in the day, but this one is just boring in comparison. I'd take Ozma over Scathach any day. Looking forward to never going into Dun Scaith again*.

*until it's inevitably incorporated into some 4.0 grindy-content.

Dun Scaith has become progressively easier each week for me. It seems the playerbase has got good at mechanics. I don't have many wipes in the 2-3 times I run it so that's a good thing.

Does anyone think they will address how the current gear design eventually reduces/eliminates challenge from content as it gets older or will they change how gear works so that old content still retains its challenge/fun?

I'm banking on them
just increasing numbers as they've always done so that most older things eventually become faceroll easy.

Heartfyre

Dun Scaith has become progressively easier each week for me. It seems the playerbase has got good at mechanics. I don't have many wipes in the 2-3 times I run it so that's a good thing.

It seems to me that people have just gotten lazier. I've just gotten back from running it, and we wiped to Scathach at ~1% HP twice, and then we wiped on Diabolos Hollow once. That's about an hour of my life made more stressful by the guy that kept calling for Vote Abandons.

But I have my full set of 275/270 gear now. All set for Stormblood. And the voidsent can fuckin' have Dun Scaith now....and they can keep Proto Ultima too.

Squishy3

It's rumoured because it's the last Tuesday in March, so if it comes out then we'll probably get the maintenance announcement right before the weekend

B.K.

I hate leveling in this game. I don't know if I can take everything to 60, or even 30 to unlock all the jobs. PotD gets boring and I don't want to do the leveling roulette. I hate dungeons enough already. I don't want to go through them with classes I'm not used to.

I hate leveling in this game. I don't know if I can take everything to 60, or even 30 to unlock all the jobs. PotD gets boring and I don't want to do the leveling roulette. I hate dungeons enough already. I don't want to go through them with classes I'm not used to.

That's pretty much the case for every MMO in existence.

For the record I have all combat jobs at 60 except for Bard/Machinist/Black Mage/Dragoon.

This was done over a long period of time. If you try to grind this there is a 100% chance you will burn yourself out.

Don't do it.

At most just do the leveling and trial roulettes once a day to maximize EXP gain compared to time spent.

Omni

Maybe try to run stuff with friends?

I can't remember the last time I did a level roulette by myself. Makes stuff so much more fun when you're just screwing around with people you know

Edzi

Is there a reason why you're trying to level all the classes? Why not just stick with one or two?

Spoilers obviously but the scars of war artbook has an artwork of an outfit called
Scion adventurer's robe/Jacket
I have a feeling that is going to be the outfit Tataru
took our measurements for in 3.4
SuxYkMyl.jpg

Source is here http://imgur.com/a/8fAqm and has the male version too. I hope it looks nice in game

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Light novel trash. Would not even pick it up for $1 at bookoff.

Also the female art looks so derpy.

So freeing to have the relic done. Don't have to bother with light farm parties or anything. Kinda want to gather gil for expansion but might just do that in late May/early June.

Is there a reason why you're trying to level all the classes? Why not just stick with one or two?

This is also a good recommendation.

Some people just level one job or maybe two to max to play.

There's no requirement to level everything.

The nature of leveling another job to max means you have to re-do content that you already saw. And low levels is pretty much training wheels mode. So redoing that for every job will obviously result in burnout.

Just pick the one you like the most and play/get good at it.

That's pretty much the case for every MMO in existence.

For the record I have all combat jobs at 60 except for Bard/Machinist/Black Mage/Dragoon.

This was done over a long period of time. If you try to grind this there is a 100% chance you will burn yourself out.

Don't do it.

At most just do the leveling and trial roulettes once a day to maximize EXP gain compared to time spent.

Well, save for Guildwars 2. That game throws levels at you like mad, and even has a ton of items that just plane give you a level, or raise an alt to max instantly.

Exploration, resource gathering, tradeskills, etc all give xp, as does events, questing, etc.

What kills me for leveling in this game is the cross class stuff that is more or less a requirement, and the tangled web of this supplies that that drives crafting.

It's all more about creating a timesink to drive subs, rather then anything that really enhances gameplay.

Well, save for Guildwars 2. That game throws levels at you like mad, and even has a ton of items that just plane give you a level, or raise an alt to max instantly.

Exploration, resource gathering, tradeskills, etc all give xp, as does events, questing, etc.

What kills me for leveling in this game is the cross class stuff that is more or less a requirement, and the tangled web of this supplies that that drives crafting.

It's all more about creating a timesink to drive subs, rather then anything that really enhances gameplay.

The cross class leveling thing should be going away with the cross role system in 4.0.

So you won't need to level another class to get cross class skills.

I forgot about Guild Wars 2. I had a few characters on that game and had a Thief and Ranger at max level.

Even then, retreading old content just gets boring when the most interesting stuff is at max level.

In 4.0 they will probably increase the EXP you get from lower level stuff even more so it should be easier to level than it is now once it's out.

The cross class leveling thing should be going away with the cross role system in 4.0.

So you won't need to level another class to get cross class skills.

I forgot about Guild Wars 2. I had a few characters on that game and had a Thief and Ranger at max level.

Even then, retreading old content just gets boring when the most interesting stuff is at max level.

In 4.0 they will probably increase the EXP you get from lower level stuff even more so it should be easier to level than it is now once it's out.

I actually rarely retread too much in Gw2, as there were so many routes to max. I loved that you could basically ignore the main story in that game and just do whatever if one really didn't feel like playing it again. Pretty much nothing is gated behind it save the opening tutorial.

But so far, i'm liking the MSQ of this game. Granted, i'm not very far into it (like step 48 or 50?).

I actually rarely retread too much in Gw2, as there were so many routes to max. I loved that you could basically ignore the main story in that game and just do whatever if one really didn't feel like playing it again. Pretty much nothing is gated behind it save the opening tutorial.

But so far, i'm liking the MSQ of this game. Granted, i'm not very far into it (like step 48 or 50?).

MSQ was GW2's weak point imo. I didn't like it at all while I did enjoy GW1's story at the time.

Considering all of ARR and Heavensward, I'd say FFXIV has the best main story I've ever seen in an MMO.

I'm hoping that Stormblood will somehow top it.

Squishy3

GW2 actually has the most disappointing final boss fight I've ever seen in the form of Zhaitan.

"Hey, sit on this airship and shoot him with cannons until adds spawn and go kill them so they don't destroy the cannons then go back to shooting the boss with cannons."

It's a shame because the rest of the bosses in that dungeon were kinda cool, one had shmup pattern projectiles you needed to dodge to even get close to him to hurt him.

https://youtu.be/8CmZ5O_XjKs?t=568

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ResidentSleeper "Alright, it's time to post the pasta" ResidentSleeper "They're growing again so I gotta hit Ctrl+V" ResidentSleeper "My fingers are tired but hey we're growing, no choice" ResidentSleeper

Another night of bashing my face into a9s and zurvan.

Anyone have a link to crafting guides (GSM mainly) like for "rotations for HQ/XP"
and one for what to do when you hit 50 and all the gear and stuff? Like Ive got a thousand plus tomes of somethings and you can buy level 50 gear but that seems abit pointless and Ive had strnage drops in dungeons that I have no idea what they are actually for.

Just checked my triad placement and got 18k mgp and 3 plat cards, one was Lightning :)

Lanrutcon

GW2 actually has the most disappointing final boss fight I've ever seen in the form of Zhaitan.

"Hey, sit on this airship and shoot him with cannons until adds spawn and go kill them so they don't destroy the cannons then go back to shooting the boss with cannons."

It's a shame because the rest of the bosses in that dungeon were kinda cool, one had shmup pattern projectiles you needed to dodge to even get close to him to hurt him.

https://youtu.be/8CmZ5O_XjKs?t=568

Only thing I liked about GW2 was the way that undead dragon completely fucked up several maps and turned them into dangerous hell holes. I thought they implemented that nicely. I remember swimming across this huge lake that looked perfectly calm from above, then the moment you pop under the water it's this huge giant ship graveyard with undead snake people and cages.

Well, I'm halfway done with this step now at least.

MZBx3UY.png

Tagged along with a farming party for like an hour and a half last night and finally got the three lightning crystals.

IGotThatReference.gif

Are there any benefits to doing the squadron stuff for the GC? I'm just wondering if I should actually spend some time doing it or not.

If you want the last rank, go for it. The Maelstrom coat is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom