• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Londa

Banned
Teknoman said:
Yeah Kinan, I just had to install the latest drivers and restart. PC was probably still bogged down from all the downloading, streaming, and random other things since E3 this morning. Did a disk clean up as well.

Going to give high res test a shot now.

how do you know if you need to download a new driver for your video card?

Teknoman

23kul45.png

High res test.

Wallach

First high-res bench:

osN5c.jpg

Not bad looking overall. The shot at the end where they are looking towards land looks terrible, though.

Yeef

564 on 720. Shit was unbearable.

I don't have any intention of playing this game, but still disappointing. I remember getting a decent score on the RE5 one. I guess I'll have to get a new computer in the next 6 months or so.

Teknoman

TouchMyBox said:
1080p... i know, my computer is pretty shit.

500px-Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

Londa said:
how do you know if you need to download a new driver for your video card?

I just go to the company's website and download the latest drivers. If the date looks recent, and I know I havent updated in awhile...then that makes the decision for me. Kinda quick and dirty, but its the easiest way.

Teknoman

Yeef said:
564 on 720. Shit was unbearable.

I don't have any intention of playing this game, but still disappointing. I remember getting a decent score on the RE5 one. I guess I'll have to get a new computer in the next 6 months or so.

I'd update/ restart PC/ regular clean up maintenance before running. First time I had a 700something. After doing normal maintenance stuff, 2231 score with the game mostly staying between 30 and high 50fps.

Londa

Banned
Teknoman said:
500px-Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

I just go to the company's website and download the latest drivers. If the date looks recent, and I know I havent updated in awhile...then that makes the decision for me. Kinda quick and dirty, but its the easiest way.

thanks, my card had a new driver so I'm installing it now and will try again

Londa

Banned
LaneDS said:
The benchmark has no graphic settings outside resolution, which is kind of the point. Using the default setting, you'll be able to get a numeric value that can be compared against some scale S-E will have (or other users) to get an idea of how well your machine runs it.

So me lowering the settings last week wont effect how the benchmark rates my computer?

I got a 1293. I'm installing a new driver to see if it changes anything.

Londa

Banned
notworksafe said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONoACmL5AM

Now that's what I'm talking about! Small global cooldown on moves! No need for an extra long gauge to slow down the combat. I can see this leading to boss fights that need quick timing and good reflexes...at least for an MMO.

I'm wondering how this will work with a job that needs a lot of different ja's used during a fight. Right now I think I've only seen hit and provoke in that video. What if someone was trying to Sneak Attack, Trick Attack, plus a weapon skill and trying to move behind a mob.. well I do see that it will be great for big damage dealers they can just stop hitting the attack command and wait for the tank to provoke...

Chris R

Downloading this now :lol

I should have checked for something like this before sitting down and watching Nintendo and Sony's conferences on a delay of a few hours avoiding all internet for spoilers :lol

Xiaoki

Yeah that video did nothing for me.

I hope thats some low level noobish combat because it looked deathly boring.

Hopefully they show some high level group combat soon and it better look incredible.

Wallach

Whoops... forgot I reset everything back to stock when I flashed my BIOS.

jVeNn.jpg

That's a bit more proper. No card OC, haven't been arsed to see what this new VisionTek will be stable at.

720p Score: 4261

1080p Score: 2510

Load Time: 18504ms

3.2GHz AMD Phenom II 955

4GB DDR3 RAM

Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 76.8GByte/s

Windows 7 64-bit
I'm going to screw around with clock speeds and see how much of a difference it makes.

notworksafe

Teknoman said:
I'd update/ restart PC/ regular clean up maintenance before running. First time I had a 700something. After doing normal maintenance stuff, 2231 score with the game mostly staying between 30 and high 50fps.
What maintenance did you do? I had 700 something as well and it's bumming me out. :lol

Salaadin

Scored a 3203 on high res. Not bad I guess but Id like to go higher. Im nut for turning shit up. Any ATI card owners have any tips on this? I currently have CCC set to "Use application settings" for everything.

Chris R

2197 for the 1920x1080 version. Q9550, 4GB Ram, 4870. I'll try tweaking my system in a bit, but for the most part it ran decently. A few hiccups that were very obvious though.

Teknoman

notworksafe said:
What maintenance did you do? I had 700 something as well and it's bumming me out. :lol

Installed new video card drivers -> Did disk clean up -> restarted PC -> turned off virus scanner (I dunno if this had an effect, but I always do this before running a benchmark...seemed like it was interfering before).

Defragmenting hard drive now to see if that'll help. Virus scanner just being on probably wont take up too much resources.

Fixed1979

I swear my 295 never seemed to be putting in the performance that it should. I really don't have any complaints when I'm playing but as far as benchmarks go it's disappointment and I can't figure it out. At least my SSD is doing it's thing.

Untitled-2.png

Fixed1979 said:
I swear my 295 never seemed to be putting in the performance that it should. I really don't have any complaints when I'm playing but as far as benchmarks go it's disappointment and I can't figure it out. At least my SSD is doing it's thing.

Untitled-2.png

WTF?

You have an i7 coupled with a freakin' Geforce GTX 295!! Me saying that doesn't look right is an understatement.

B.K.

jiggle said:
wow all i see is blackscreen with the benchmark

Me too. I knew it wouldn't do much with my computer, but I didn't think I would have a completely blank screen. I really need to upgrade my video card.

Fixed1979

HomerSimpson-Man said:
WTF?

You have an i7 coupled with a freakin' Geforce GTX 295!! Me saying that doesn't look right is an understatement.

Same shitty results when the RE benchmark was going around...I really need to do some digging and find out where my shit is going wrong.

Fixed1979 said:

Untitled-2.png

That's fucking nuts, I've got a quadcore and GTX260 and I scored better. Were you running anything else at the time?

Teknoman

As long as the game looks good and framerate is enjoyable/playable looking...I dont see a problem.

Whoops, meant that as a reply to anyone down on benchmark scores.

Fixed1979 said:
Same shitty results when the RE benchmark was going around...I really need to do some digging and find out where my shit is going wrong.

Seriously do heavy digging. That's some sweet hardware, and it's just being trashed!

I have a much more modest Phenom II x3 overclocked @ 3.6Ghz and a GTX 275 and I still scored about 200 points more than you.

Fixed1979

Pai Pai Master said:
That's fucking nuts, I've got a quadcore and GTX260 and I scored better. Were you running anything else at the time?

Nothing else running and I updated the drivers before running the test.I made a couple of changes in the Nvidia control panel and picked up another 200 points (2671) but still not to where it should be. I've been thinking about having someone take it in to see if there's anything they can do but I don't like the idea of someone else doing anything with my PC, and certainly not when I have to pay them.

Teknoman said:
As long as the game looks good and framerate is enjoyable/playable looking...I dont see a problem.

I'm sure it will run fine, it's just kind of a piss off to have spent x amount of dollars on something and have it not perform like you think it should.

Sorry for dragging this a little off topic. Can't wait for even getting a playable beta for this game. I haven't been able to get into a new MMO in quite awhile.

Thorhald

Fixed1979 said:
I'm sure it will run fine, it's just kind of a piss off to have spent x amount of dollars on something and have it not perform like you think it should.

I have the identical set up to you and get the same results ... if you find the magic cure, let me know

Top Bottom