• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

Salaadin

brain_stew said:
Real mouse controls?

Well I'll believe when I see it.

If the menus are any indication, its still not "real". Its definitely better but it still was behind what Im used to getting from other games. Id have to use it in the actual game to know for sure though.

depward

As a big FFXI fan, I finally dusted off my PC and gave the FFXIV benchmark test a try -

crashes upon clicking on it. Argh. Sucky.

making_of_a_realm_two-05.jpg

Titan right?

Salaadin said:
If the menus are any indication, its still not "real". Its definitely better but it still was behind what Im used to getting from other games. Id have to use it in the actual game to know for sure though.

but phase three hadn't started yet when you posted this :p

Looking forward to some impressions on the changes, especially the mouse updates.

Salaadin

piratepwnsninja said:
but phase three hadn't started yet when you posted this :p

Looking forward to some impressions on the changes, especially the mouse updates.

You were still able to access the menus before phase 3 started, just not login or create characters :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
23udbo3.jpg

Ridiculously good graphics.

Dash

Salaadin said:
Im pretty sure I got everyone. Let me know if you need to be added.

Updated list:

Updated list:

Salaadin
Kuraine
Hazado
Vormav777
Blessedheretic
Aramil34
Cecil75
Gromph
Doodlebug
Juhpe
Teknoman
Zomba13
Clothmap
Maxte
Mephesta
Zerohaste
Robobandit
Median
Napophis
Letmein
Husker86
Mandoric
Shrykewolf
Rerial
Linknz
Broadbandit
Donatelli
Estival
Falas
Velion
Blitz64
The_Inquisitor
Jbird34
Dash

Added myself!

Xamdou

Whack, just subscribe to fileplanet and right after signin up no more beta keys... have to wait until tomorrow to get it? :lol

Xamdou

Teknoman said:
Yeah they should replenish keys every day. I'd check back even after midnight.

That's exactly what I am going to do.

Btw, what kind of performance can I expect from a laptop with a mobile Radeon 5870 1GB GDDR5, 4 GB DDR3, and an I5-430M processor?

B.K.

What kind of video card should I get to play the game? I'd like to get something fairly affordable (less than $150) because I'll have to upgrade my power supply too and a 650 watt power supply is almost $100 by itself.

Nakazato

B.K. said:
What kind of video card should I get to play the game? I'd like to get something fairly affordable (less than $150) because I'll have to upgrade my power supply too and a 650 watt power supply is almost $100 by itself.
5750 or 5770

if you can save up a few more dollars the 460gtx

Velion

B.K. said:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125333 GTX 460 1GB Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005 650w PSU I use (not modular)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018 700w PSU (modular)

Should help if you have the money to spare of course.

B.K.

460 is a bit too much for me. I don't need something that powerful and expensive. The only game I'll use on it is XIV. All I need is something that will the game will be playable on.

Velion

Teknoman

Nakazato said:
koblod= new gobbie designs ?

Really it looks like you crossed a rabid opo-opo with a goblin. Its got this long black bushy tail and really nasty looking sharp claws. Could be the new goblin in the sense of the beastman type thats mostly around eorzea.

Nakazato

Londa said:
aren't servers still down?
yea

Ruined my whole day :( while GF is away Nakazato will play

Teknoman said:
Really it looks like you crossed a rabid opo-opo with a goblin. Its got this long black bushy tail and really nasty looking sharp claws. Could be the new goblin in the sense of the beastman type thats mostly around eorzea.
Nice when i get up to lvl we need to get a gaf PT and kill those things lol

Mandoric

Banned
Clever, Fileplanet. Clever turning off the one-month sub option while the beta keys are available. But I'll have you beat tomorrow!

Shouta

I really need into this damn beta. Pissing me off that I'm like one of the few longtime FFXI players on this board that hasn't gotten to run through the game yet. Goddamn SE.

Anyway manage to get a second beta key they could toss me?

NeoForte

Shouta said:
I really need into this damn beta. Pissing me off that I'm like one of the few longtime FFXI players on this board that hasn't gotten to run through the game yet. Goddamn SE.

Anyway manage to get a second beta key they could toss me?

I started the game on the NA PC launch and I have yet to get into it :/

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So with the collectors edition preorder, how do we start the game before everyone else? If the store is sending out a key and a link to the client, couldn't anyone just preorder the collectors edition and then cancel it before it comes out just to try the game and early at that?

gillty

Banned
Trojita said:
So with the collectors edition preorder, how do we start the game before everyone else? If the store is sending out a key and a link to the client, couldn't anyone just preorder the collectors edition and then cancel it before it comes out just to try the game and early at that?
The collectors edition is a physical box hat will be in stores on the 22nd w/ a unique retail key inside that is assigned to allow early access.

This will not be a preorder bonus like STO or other mmos do where they send you a separate key before you get the box.

Top Bottom