• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

RuGalz

Ravidrath said:
I still like FFXI a lot, but my desire to keep investing time in it basically completely collapsed once XIV was announced.

I play maybe 1-2 hours a week now, doing weekend Einherjar or MMM. At this point, I'm just sticking around for those, and to finish the WotG and mini-expansion stories. If I had a new job to level in a perma I might, but the idea of grinding away on merits or dungeon for one piece of gear with 2 more STR or whatever really doesn't make sense to me any more.

This happened to anyone else?

I didn't lose interest in FF11 after the announcement, but I was just coming back from 2-3 years of absence so the game was kind of fresh. However, having less and less time for games in general made it impossible to play FF11 without feeling lost.

Teknoman

Hmm might go with being a Lancer or Martial Artist.

VGChampion said:
I downloaded the trial a few months ago and could barely play it. Compared to the current MMOs, it's tough to get into it. I couldn't even figure out how to completely walk around for a little bit. :lol My only other experience was playing it on the 360 back in '05 or '06, whenever that demo disc came out.

Numpad ftw. Everything you need is right there.

Munba

I found this on 2ch, it should be the content of the 7 famitsu pages:

ファミフラゲ
・巻頭7ページ特集
  槍術士 - 変幻のストライカー
  弓術士 - 疾風のアタッカー
  新モンスター - アルテゴート、アンテロープ、ラプトル
  新職業、新フィールド紹介。
 ・クラフター 主道具
  鍛冶師 クロスペインハンマー(十字鉄鎚)
  調理師 フライパン
  裁縫し ニードル(縫い針)
  革細工 ヘッドナイフ(革包丁)
  錬金術師 アレンビック(蒸留器)
 ・冒険はエルゼオアのいずれかの都市から始まる
  PVの酒場のような場所はゲーム中にもある
  (Q:Pvの船上のような大量の敵と戦える?)いつもこうだと大変ですが複数との敵とのバトルは
  14のコンセプトのひとつなので期待していてください
  PV中盤のBGMが戦闘曲。ほかにも戦闘曲はいろいろある
  今回の食事はPTの都合に左右されない自由度の高いものになる
  合成に必要なのは材料とクリスタルと道具
  冒険者同士の売買はマーケットを軸にしたものになる。詳細をお楽しみに

Need some translations pls :D (the first part should be about Monsters and Crafter tools i think)

Munba

Ainaurdur

Munba said:
ファミフラゲ
・巻頭7ページ特集
  槍術士 - 変幻のストライカー
  弓術士 - 疾風のアタッカー
  新モンスター - アルテゴート、アンテロープ、ラプトル
  新職業、新フィールド紹介。
 ・クラフター 主道具
  鍛冶師 クロスペインハンマー(十字鉄鎚)
  調理師 フライパン
  裁縫し ニードル(縫い針)
  革細工 ヘッドナイフ(革包丁)
  錬金術師 アレンビック(蒸留器)
 ・冒険はエルゼオアのいずれかの都市から始まる
  PVの酒場のような場所はゲーム中にもある
  (Q:Pvの船上のような大量の敵と戦える?)いつもこうだと大変ですが複数との敵とのバトルは
  14のコンセプトのひとつなので期待していてください
  PV中盤のBGMが戦闘曲。ほかにも戦闘曲はいろいろある
  今回の食事はPTの都合に左右されない自由度の高いものになる
  合成に必要なのは材料とクリスタルと道具
  冒険者同士の売買はマーケットを軸にしたものになる。詳細をお楽しみに
I love what translate.google.com does to blocks of text like that. However inaccurate it may be. :D
Google Translate said:
Famifurage
Special Issue, Editorial Page 7
Patent spear - Striker of the protean
Professional archery - Accel attackers
New Monster - Arutegoto, antelope, Raputoru
New job, new field introduced.
, The main tool Kurafuta
Kurosupeinhanma master blacksmith (iron hammer ligament)
Chefs skillet
A sewing needle (needle)
Leather craft knife head (knife leather)
Fullmetal Arenbikku (distiller)
Urban adventure begins, one of the Eruzeoa
Drinking places like PV is also in the game
(Q: Pv fight enemies such as the mass of the ship?) Battle with multiple enemies and is always difficult and it works
14 please because they expect one of the concept of
PV in the middle of the battle BGM tracks. There are other songs have a lot of fighting
PT will be eating this high degree of freedom does not depend on the convenience of
The necessary tools and synthetic materials and crystal
Sale of two of the adventure was going to be focusing on the market. To enjoy the details
"Fullmetal Arenbikku (distiller)"
A Chemist class? Maybe it has already been discussed and I missed it.

Achtius

Ainaurdur said:
I love what translate.google.com does to blocks of text like that. However inaccurate it may be. :D

"Fullmetal Arenbikku (distiller)"
A Chemist class? Maybe it has already been discussed and I missed it.
錬金術師 アレンビック(蒸留器) = Alchemist.

Teknoman

New screenshot!

4iy5fl.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My only complaint with the screenshots is the character models could be a little better. The environments look amazing though.

Teknoman

Either going to be a Lancer (melee and throwing weapons?) + Cook, or Pugilist (better have some flashier martial arts moves and chi based stuff) + cook.

B-Dex

They updated the official website with all the melee discipline names as well as descriptions of archer and lancer also all the crafting discipline names are there too. Not sure if any of this is new but if it is go to the official site and check it out :)

Ainaurdur

Got interested when I went to the screenshot page and saw this one.

media-ss28-Big.jpg

Wondering if that might be a hi-res version of the face in character creation? Similar to how it was handled in FFXI, though the difference between that and the in-game model should not be as drastic this time.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ainaurdur said:
Got interested when I went to the screenshot page and saw this one.

Wondering if that might be a hi-res version of the face in character creation? Similar to how it was handled in FFXI, though the difference between that and the in-game model should not be as drastic this time.

That's CG, dude.

Atrus

Gold Member
Hard to not see the comparisons to this being the FFXI HD+ when the races, part of the beastiary, and perhaps portions of the crafting system made it in.

A trait of course which will lure a ton of FFXI players into it. I wonder if the smiths all plop down the anvils when they craft now.

Teknoman

Atrus said:
Hard to not see the comparisons to this being the FFXI HD+ when the races, part of the beastiary, and perhaps portions of the crafting system made it in.

A trait of course which will lure a ton of FFXI players into it. I wonder if the smiths all plop down the anvils when they craft now.

Yup, check out the screen above.

Jonnyram

Atrus said:

To be honest, they are better doing it this way than making an HD version and trying to get new people to join XI now.

Nakazato

careksims said:
<3 <3 <3 <3 There better be some super special collector's edition. The 1st day server disasters will be legendary!
I'd be willing to spend 70 or 80 dollars for a Collectors with a OST and 150 pg art book.

I would also spend $200 for a one time fee (for unlimited) like Champions/ROTRO/WAR did

Edit: Why wont the show a rouge or nin yet ; ;

Khrno

I just saw the update, they should treat us with small updates like this every week from now on, or at least every 2 weeks, add a couple more monsters everytime, or talk about items or what not. The music is awesome too.

So 5 fighter jobs so far (Disciples of War), still missing a Knives user and a Great Sword (or/and Scythe) user, to have the same amount of fighter jobs as FFXI release (so not including NIN and SAM). Looking forward to another 2H user.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Khrno said:
I just saw the update, they should treat us with small updates like this every week from now on, or at least every 2 weeks, add a couple more monsters everytime, or talk about items or what not. The music is awesome too.

So 5 fighter jobs so far (Disciples of War), still missing a Knives user and a Great Sword (or/and Scythe) user, to have the same amount of fighter jobs as FFXI release (so not including NIN and SAM). Looking forward to another 2H user.

I'm looking for THF! :lol

Top Bottom